Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trans Dipstick install - Lokar 36" 6l80e

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It was couple years ago, I honestly don't recall if there was a grommet or not. I'll be near the car this coming weekend and have a look - I'd go with the instructions and use the the tophat .

As far as the spillage, Seems odd that if the front was higher than the back the fluid would come out unless it was way overfilled. That typed, I never pulled the rubber plug prior to changing over to the camaro pan and adding a stick. I do know I overfilled mine by a pint and no leakage anywhere.
    Last edited by jcmGT; 02-15-2016 at 06:01 PM.
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Post Thanks / Like

As I sent Rich in a PM..

This was a one-off and I posted it to assist others in making their own. The bracket is very simple and I made it on-the fly, just using tin snips,grinder drill and a hammer. It's 16" sheet steel from home depo. And provides downward just enough pressure to hold the dipstick when the bolt is tightened, as shown in the pictures. The actual shape doesn't really matter as long as one end engages the dipstick and the hole for the bolt is in the correct place. I painted It to prevent rust.

I say give it a try making it fit the dipstick while it's off on one end of a piece of steel like pictured then install to line up and make the hole in the correct location.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage