Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dead Battery G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Dead Battery G8 GT

I have a 09 G8 GT that the battery keeps going dead in. It started when the car was parked for 4-5 days. Then 3-4 days. Now it only takes 1 1/2 days. I have left nothing on in the car. The trunk light is staying off as are any lights that I could see. Has there been any problems with these doing that? I have a rant about trying to get the dealer to look at it but will save that for a different place. It fires right up after I charge the battery. There are no check engine lights on. Any thoughts. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the battery can't hold the charge... Simple fix. Replace battery, if you hate your dealer... Check with a parts store to confirm before heading to the dealership.

Sent from my amazing and awesome iPhone4 using the great Tapatalk
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

I have the oldest G8 on the forum and still have the original battery. The G8's love long drives. That's what it takes to keep the stock battery charged. I bought a Ctek battery charger to maintain my battery during the winter.
    Check the state of charge by going to engineering mode. If it is less than 20 percent, it won't take long to deplete it.
    What are you using to charge it?
    Also, maybe a parts store can check the battery state of charge for you.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm Driving home with a brand new battery ..... For my wife's car. The G..still good. And it always sits for a week while I'm out working. Owned it since 7/08

Sent from my Galaxy S™...
    ________________ _
    '08 G8... Panther Black
    Premium & Sport Pkg.- 7/08

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using one of those Automatic chargers that NAPA sells. 2amp trickle, 10 amp charge and 40 amp start. I used the 10 and 2.

Great Lakes Moderator BlueJacket's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a Dashhawk?

I have already replaced my battery.

2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT
    2010 Camaro SS Wheels, Holden V8 Badges, Crazy Paul GPS Trim Package, Blacked Out Arrowheads, Red Calipers, Hawk HPS Pads, DBA 4000 T3 Rotors, Rebadged Trunk, 3.5" Stubby Antenna, Holden Engine Covers, Engine Cover Overlays, Engine Dress Up Items, Holden V6 Rad Cover, GXP Rear Diffuser W/Tinted Reflectors, Flips Tinted Tails, Hood Vent Mod, Grrrr8 IC Mod, Solo Mach Balanced Exhaust with 3.5" Tips and NEP OTR

Post Thanks / Like

My car did the exact same thing, the dealer told me the battery had a bad cell in it. I bought the car last Sept...........hopefully this is not a trend, batteries should last longer then a year.
    http://forum.grrrr8.net/signaturepics/sigpic4623_1.gif
    2009 G8 GT "Scarlett"
    20" Sport Muscle "Tach"
    GXP front bumper
    No more chrome
    VXR8 Bathurst style stripes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unclesams_G8 View Post
    My car did the exact same thing, the dealer told me the battery had a bad cell in it. I bought the car last Sept...........hopefully this is not a trend, batteries should last longer then a year.
    The more environmentally safe a battery is, the less life it will have. Just like everything else...

Sent from my amazing and awesome iPhone4 using the great Tapatalk
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't I read somewhere OnStar draws some power when the car is off? If you are not using OnStar you could try unpluggin the unit.

Sorry about the battery related reply in the other thread, just noticed this one. My under 5 mile commute to work and back doesn't seem to keep my battery charged very well. I hope the Battery Tender I use will keep it healthy but I'm sure I'll have to replace eventually.
    '09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a dash hawk. Er whats that? Anyway, I don't use that onstar I'll look to unplug it. WickedMom, that is a good idea about calling to see if the parts counter has the battery first. It will keep them from weaseling out on me if I already know they have one. Thanks for the replies.