Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intake Air Temperature Relocation Kit Install On a V6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hazer396 View Post
    im scared to do it :X
    Nah, it's easy. Even with having to dremel the slots on the top of the connector, the install only took about 45 minutes to an hour. It might have been quicker but I was working on a six pack of killians at the same time too. Which is why I didn't take it out the same night I did the install.

I did take it out today, and the temps held at about 85 to 90 degrees for the hour I drove it. I saw it jump to about 94 when I was waiting at a drive thru getting lunch. But still, not too bad. I didn't expect the temps to remain so low, but they held pretty consistent with the outside temps. We had a high of 84 weather wise here, so the temps from the IAT and the outside temps held pretty consistently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 66cat389 View Post
    Nah, it's easy. Even with having to dremel the slots on the top of the connector, the install only took about 45 minutes to an hour. It might have been quicker but I was working on a six pack of killians at the same time too. Which is why I didn't take it out the same night I did the install.

I did take it out today, and the temps held at about 85 to 90 degrees for the hour I drove it. I saw it jump to about 94 when I was waiting at a drive thru getting lunch. But still, not too bad. I didn't expect the temps to remain so low, but they held pretty consistent with the outside temps. We had a high of 84 weather wise here, so the temps from the IAT and the outside temps held pretty consistently.
    Thanks. What were the temp readings before you relocated the sensor?
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure, I didn't get a chance to fully document everything. I was more curious to see if the wiring would work. I will probably test that next weekend to see how different the temps are. I would suspect that they are pretty different considering where the MAF housing sits.

Post Thanks / Like

if i do get this..
    where would i install it on my rotofab? the maf is pretty much attached to the fliter..
    "Oreo" G8 V6 to LSA

Post Thanks / Like

nice write up.good job guys coming up with a solution for the V6.
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hazer396 View Post
    if i do get this..
    where would i install it on my rotofab? the maf is pretty much attached to the fliter..
    I don't think you would need to with the rotofab since it moves the MAF forward, away from the radiator hose. You are still picking up ambient heat, but not nearly enough to be an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

ok cool!
    "Oreo" G8 V6 to LSA

Post Thanks / Like

Nice write up!

Do you have a write up on your home made CAI? Looks a lot like the Injen available for the Camaro V6. I've been wondering if that would fit our engine bay.

-Dennis-
    http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f.../kidhauler.jpg
    2009 G8 V6 PBM Premium+Comfort&Sound
    mods: mid-muffler and resonator delete, Magnaflow x-pipe, Rotofab CAI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7NPiNbIfY
    2000 Maxima Custom M/F Catback, K&N - RIP
    1972 Lemans 350, 4B - RIP

Post Thanks / Like

I never really thought to do a write up on it. Honestly I just bought some aluminum J bends, and intake parts from Siliconeintakes.com. Then just cut and fit and put it together. I just painted it the other day, so it looks even better. And I replaced the bracket with something much better.

Post Thanks / Like

I installed this the other day and after 2 hours of driving the engine light was on when i started it.First code was C0701-Fault definition not available.The second code was P0021-A camshaft position - Timing over-advanced or system performance (Bank 2). Not sure if its related or not but i cleared them out and its been fine since. I installed the sensor in the same place as cat did but i cut the tabs off the MAF instead.
    '09 LY7------------------------------->Traded for GXP.
    2.5" SS MBS GT Midpipe/Xpipe/V6Solo Muffs
    Fenderwell CAI/HSRK/Lower panal MOD
    BMR strut bar/tower caps
    GT Brakes/cross drilled&slotted rotors front&rear
    Pedders drop springs
    Roto-fab fuse box cover and rad cover both gloss black
    Tint 50/20,crystal clear markers
    G8 fuel lid/Calais trim/SV6 rebadge,sill plates
    Holden center caps,steering wheel,shifter
    LED Spyder tail lights,switchbacks,fogs,etc.../6K HID
    MM CF Spoiler