Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: IA member?

Post Thanks / Like

Another IA owner here who drives in the winter. Michelin x-ice 2 for winter tread. Marion, IA here.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I use to live a rock's throw from the Iowa border in McCook Lake, South Dakota - does that count?
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

he's gone.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cedar Rapids here, only stock until the car payments are done... owned the car for two years. Driven every winter, wife's daily driver. Run's Blizzacks on the stock sport rims.
    2009 - G8 GT MGM
    1998 - Z-71
    1986 - Camaro IROC 383, 4L60E & EFI Connection LS1 ECU upgrade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer92 View Post
    Cedar Rapids here, only stock until the car payments are done... owned the car for two years. Driven every winter, wife's daily driver. Run's Blizzacks on the stock sport rims.
    Welcome! Make sure to make it down here to the G.O.N.E event in September! Stock or not!

I run WS-60/70's on 17" wheels in the winter. This IS my last winter with it though. The gloves are off... This baby's going to make some HP.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I should probably check in on this huh. I know a few of you from the QCA. Couple more weeks and it will be time for the 2013 iNational G8 Meet, really looking forward to seeing everyone this year!!

To kinda play catch up a bit. Bought the car new in 09' up in Wisconsin, I drive mine year round, drag race it, show it when I can, do my own work on it, and just all around enjoy the hell out of the car. Gonna try and get to the dyno before the G8 meet to see what the new motor combo puts down. I will have a full write up on the the build after I get some dyno numbers, that's what you all wanna know anyway right lol!
    09.5 G8 GXP A6, roof, MSM
    Texas Speed LS3 418, PRC heads, Pat G cam, LS9 injectors, Rick Crawford intake, stock TB
    HSRK, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LT's, Corsa cat back system, no cats
    Squash Performance fuel system
    BMR trailing arms, toe rods, cradle and diff bushings, subframes, tunnel brace
    GForce anti wheel hop axle set, Camaro 3.45 rear end
    Circle D Specialties 3200 stall
    VMR V710 wheels 19x8.5 front 35 offset, 19x9.5 rear 50 offset
    First National G8 meet, yea, I was there! Car number G42!
    Best ET so far, 11.376 @ 120.25 mph uncorrected, with limited traction
    Tuned by Rick Crawford via remote tune
    G.O.N.E. 2012 & 2013 Best In Class, Fastest in Mod GXP, 2012 Best In Show

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha... Only took you 4 years!

I was hoping to have my car done for the meet but it didn't happen! It took WAY too long to get my new DD. Looking forward to seeing what you did. I'm thinking about a built LS3 for mine. We'll see though. I need more suspension work too.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

I know, I know lol!! Sounds like you have some nice plans for your G8! A built LS3 will slide ohhhh so nicely between the fenders on your car! I'm just turning over 200 miles on the new motor in mine, runs like a pack of pistol whipped mules that's for sure!

I signed up for the dyno at the meet as well, that is cool as heck that Joe was able to work that out!! Still gonna try and get mine to the dyno in the next week or two and see what it puts down and use the two results as a comarison. I'm hoping with the 418 and the other little things that I have done that I can get close to 500rwhp with this thing. Heck, I put down 455rwhp with the Vector 2.5 cam and a set of messed up heads on the stock bottom end two years ago. We shall see though. Really looking forward to seeing everyone again and having a blast this year as well! Hope we can shake this heat by then and have some nice cool weather for our night at Cordova!!

If there are ever any car shows going on in the QCA that you are gonna be attending let me know a day or two in advance. I always seem to hear about them afterwards lol. I can get the car all shined up and meet you there and we can represent the G8 community nicely!
    09.5 G8 GXP A6, roof, MSM
    Texas Speed LS3 418, PRC heads, Pat G cam, LS9 injectors, Rick Crawford intake, stock TB
    HSRK, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LT's, Corsa cat back system, no cats
    Squash Performance fuel system
    BMR trailing arms, toe rods, cradle and diff bushings, subframes, tunnel brace
    GForce anti wheel hop axle set, Camaro 3.45 rear end
    Circle D Specialties 3200 stall
    VMR V710 wheels 19x8.5 front 35 offset, 19x9.5 rear 50 offset
    First National G8 meet, yea, I was there! Car number G42!
    Best ET so far, 11.376 @ 120.25 mph uncorrected, with limited traction
    Tuned by Rick Crawford via remote tune
    G.O.N.E. 2012 & 2013 Best In Class, Fastest in Mod GXP, 2012 Best In Show

Post Thanks / Like

Default IA member?

We had 4 G8s at the last cruise in at Northpark mall. There are also some cruise ins at Southpark mall. If you guys are interested in some Saturday night activities, these are some fun times, and very family friendly. I bring a cooler and a few beers. There are usually 150-200 cars of all types that show up. There was a sweet 55 Buick that was done by Rad Rides by Troy a few weeks ago that was in Hot Rod magazine. I can look up the schedule.

Edit:

Northpark: http://www.rivervalleyclassics.com/

Southpark: http://quadcitiescruisers.org/
    Last edited by Tommy G; 08-26-2013 at 07:57 AM.

2012 G8 GONE Bracket Champ!

2008 Liquid Red G8 GT-VMS stage 1.5 cam & Pat G tune, Kooks 1 3/4" LTs w/cats to Corsa catback, VCM intake. 427RWHP, 401RWTQ
    Eibach springs, FE3, BMR Sways, links & toe rods
    Audison Bit-One, JL Audio-500/5, 500/1, ZR800, 10w3v3(x2), Boston Z6, JHP Triple gauges
    TSW Indy 500 staggered w/Nitto Invo (285 rear), GXP diffuser, Roto-Fab engine covers

Post Thanks / Like

Tom, I'm all over that when I get my car to stop being a DD. It's just too hard keeping it nice working across from a concrete plant. I sold my motorcycles and decided to buy the G8 for the reason that I can fit my two boys and my wife in the car.

Chris