Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: IA member?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy G View Post
    There are some days I consider it a major achievement that I still have a license.

Some pics I took today:

got my stupid finger in lense.. oops

Also have lots of other pics from another car show this year: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2386120...7622238323089/
    nice pics. those are some fine rides there. whos is whos? I will be in Iowa the week of the Nationals,going out a few days early to visit family,and then first of September when grandchild # 7 is born. Maybe we can meet up while I am out there for dinner or something. My son lives in Rock Island Il
    Last edited by travis gore; 06-04-2010 at 03:37 AM.
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Mine's the black one.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4GASEM View Post
    Mine's the black one.
    thanks,that looks grrrr8!!! you use adams products? I have had a black car before and it never looked that clean, good job
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travis gore View Post
    thanks,that looks grrrr8!!! you use adams products? I have had a black car before and it never looked that clean, good job
    Thanks!

So much so that Adam made me Admin in his forum... lol

ALL I use is Adams. You think that looks good? You should see it now after spending 5 weeks (on and off) correcting the paint.

Chris

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travis gore View Post
    nice pics. those are some fine rides there. whos is whos? I will be in Iowa the week of the Nationals,going out a few days early to visit family,and then first of September when grandchild # 7 is born. Maybe we can meet up while I am out there for dinner or something. My son lives in Rock Island Il
    The IOM is mine, thats at the hooters car show in Davenport last year.
    08 IOM GT 20x8.5 20x10 Breytons GTS, 1 7/8 Kooks, 3'' custom exhaust with side exit and cutouts all ceramic coated. 3600 Yank, 3.90 gears. Pedders XAs and bushings, custom rear lower control arms, full length frame connectors, bottom painted hot rod black with IOM suspension. 125 wet plate nitrous, 175 direct port with dedicated fuel system, FAST LSX intake, Meziere electric water pump. All lines converted to Hard SS or black braided. Vararam, remote oil filter, billet valve and coil covers, aluminum and carbon fiber engine panels custom stereo with eclipse amps and 12'' sub in custom box, billet alum/carbon fiber/plexiglass trunk floor. GTS fenders, Evolution nose and hood with custom scoop
    Started but not done: custom paint, custom interior with 4 GTS style seats.
    Not the fastest but close enough for Rock and Roll.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone, I have been an owner since March of '09. I am from Des Moines. I have been a lurker for awhile but finally decided to post.

Post Thanks / Like

In

I live in Moline, IL right now which is right across the river. Im moving to Ames, IA next week though.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey if any of you Iowa G8 owners are up for drag racing on Sunday, I am driving down to race at Tri-State in Earlville on Sunday. It would be nice to see some other G8s there with me!
    Joe Morgan, G8 GXP Registry Organizer, G.O.N.E. Organizer
    2009.5 G8 GXP WH 6M onyx/red no roof 12.921 @ 108.89 BONE STOCK! (then), (now) 12.344 @ 110.92 with 1.688 60' at 766' DA, PB with new cam & tune 12.191 @ 112.35, 2:59 Second Lap Time Road America (Goodyear RS-As & Hawk HP Plus pads with stock rotors), 143.1298 mph NoFlyZoneMidwest 2017 1/2 mile into 20 mph headwind. RACECAR NOW RETIRED. All of these are final PBs.

VCM OTR CAI, HSRK, Heater Hose Relocate, custom street/dyno tune by oldskoolgp, Comp Cams 224/228 .581"/.588" 112 LSA cam, LS7 lifters, PAC 1219x springs, Monster LT1S (C7 Corvette) Clutch kit, Katech C6 Hvy Dty Master & Slave Cylinders, Camaro 1LE Diff with 3.91 gears, Kooks LTHs, Solo Hi-Flo Cats & Connector Pipes, Solo Mach Balanced Catback, BMR Toe Rods, Trailing Arms, Cradle & Diff Poly Bushings, 2017 Chevy SS front & rear Brembo calipers and rotors.

Post Thanks / Like

In Cedar Falls, a few GTOs/G8s have been meeting up on Sunday afternoon for an hour or so. This Sunday the plan is to meet at Mulligan's on E. 18th/HWY 58 @ 4pm, then go for a short 15 mile cruise. It is pretty low key, everyone is friendly.
    2009.1 G8 GT - 2013 Surly Pugsley - 2011 Specialized S.J. Comp 29 - 2008 Cannondale six13 D1 - 9 others

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday, several vehicles met in CF at Mulligan's, then headed to Denver, IA for some pizza. Rick Maddux, Rob Moser as well as myself were in attendance. It was a lot of fun to meet up with this many Holden folks. This is a camera phone pic, more pics to follow.
    Order of cars: 09 l. red G8 GT (mine), 04 red GTO (bros), 05 red GTO, 04 black GTO, 09 l. red G8 GXP, 09 s. red G8 GT (Rob Moser's), 09 s. red G8 GT (Rick Maddux's)

2009.1 G8 GT - 2013 Surly Pugsley - 2011 Specialized S.J. Comp 29 - 2008 Cannondale six13 D1 - 9 others