Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IA member?

Post Thanks / Like

Bump!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Iowa member here! Live in Cedar Falls.
    I worked for a summer at Deere. I installed engines in the 7000 series tractors in Waterloo.
    2009.1 G8 GT - 2013 Surly Pugsley - 2011 Specialized S.J. Comp 29 - 2008 Cannondale six13 D1 - 9 others

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! Welcome!

Weird... I have an '09 G8 as well and an '06 Subie Legacy GT with 5 speed. Fiance drives it now... Well I guess I drive it now as my car is in my garage with a busted lower control arm ball joint... Ugh...

Chris

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Great combination of vehicles!

My wife works for UNI and refuses to drive the G8 to campus, as she averages a door ding every 2 days with the Subaru. This leaves me stuck driving the G8 .
    2009.1 G8 GT - 2013 Surly Pugsley - 2011 Specialized S.J. Comp 29 - 2008 Cannondale six13 D1 - 9 others

Post Thanks / Like

Stuck? Right... I won't let her drive anything BUT the Subie... I also told her NOT to park near anyone. lol

So far so good.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife likes to drive the G8 when she is not going to work. Mysteriously, there is always this thick, black, dusty residue on the bumper/quarter panel behind the rear tires after she takes the car out... I'm thinking she digs the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah my fiance works for a car dealer and drives a lot of the cars. She drove a V6 model and LOVED it. Her first comment was "it doesn't feel as big as it is." I agreed!

Thankfully mine is a company car and until we're married there's no driving it. Of course I HIGHLY doubt it will happen afterwards... She know's I am UBER anal about my toys.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

My wife took my GT in for an oil change today. It's a pretty rare occasion that she drives it, but she's closer to Jiffy Lube than I am. Mixed bag for her. She was pissed when she found out that the beast requires 8.8 quarts, but loved the fact that all the guys working were crowding around when they saw V8 on the engine cover. Must be the first G8 through the place. Way more compliments than her Grand Prix has ever brought her.
    2008 Liquid Red G8 GT - stock until it doesn't feel fast enough anymore

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen a G8 GT in Tama Ia. the past few weeks. I also saw one from Texas a month ago parked at a bar downtown in CF. Had to go inside and take a look around while I forced myself to drink a beer! Welcome to the sight and I hope we can all meet sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 96Prix View Post
    ...Way more compliments than her Grand Prix has ever brought her.
    I was in Dubuque this past weekend & stopped at this bar called "The Handlebar" in Durango, IA (get away from the in-laws for ~1 beer). I was there for ~5 minutes when a girl standing at the door asks who's red car that is. I said it was mine, asked if it was on fire or something. I have never seen anyone give a crap about any vehicle I have owned. She asks what it is, then wants to see it up close. As I went out to show her the car, everyone in the bar (~10 people) came outside to check out the vehicle. These guys/girls were all harley riders. They were boggled by the car & details. They all seemed to love the car! I left a short time later and they all stood at the door watching & listening as I left. They couldn't believe it was a V8. It was a pretty cool experience.