Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulb List for LED Swaps

Post Thanks / Like

Great List.
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Need some help here, I tried an LED bulb for the trunk, its an 4410-xHP12DI. It similar to the glove box bulb except it has 12 LEDs for a 360 degree pattern. When I plug it in it just flashes dimly. Would a resister help or is it just a wrong application for this spot? I thought I read on some other post that this was a optional choice for the trunk.
    [B][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]MODS: SOLD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DZG8GT View Post
    Need some help here, I tried an LED bulb for the trunk, its an 4410-xHP12DI. It similar to the glove box bulb except it has 12 LEDs for a 360 degree pattern. When I plug it in it just flashes dimly. Would a resister help or is it just a wrong application for this spot? I thought I read on some other post that this was a optional choice for the trunk.
    The resistor mod for turn signals is not to fix something wrong with the LEDs, but rather to emulate the load of a filament bulb to prevent hyperflash. LEDs use so little current relative to a filament bulb that, without the resistor, your car thinks that there's nothing there and hyperflashes to alert you.

So a resistor won't help you here.

One of three things is up.

1) The voltage that the car is providing is not correct. Filament bulbs aren't sensitive to voltage. LEDs are. If you have a multimeter or know someone who does, make sure you're getting 12 volts.

2) A bad or loose connection either in the bulb holder or in the LED contacts.

3) Simply a defective LED bulb.

Try to nail down 1 and 2, and if those aren't it, you're left with #3!

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Eidolon; 10-13-2011 at 07:03 AM.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Well now the bulb will not even light so the no brainier answer is its the bulb. Now to see if I can get it replaced for free since it was $12. Might go with a different kind. Just was worried about the degree of illumination with LEDs
    [B][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]MODS: SOLD

Post Thanks / Like

I recently tinted my tail lights and I already got pulled over. The trooper said I should get brighter bulbs or replace the whole tail lights with stock. Would these LED bulbs be a lot brighter then stock bulbs for my tail lights?

Thanks
    2008 NA G8 GT

1/4 mile = 10.93 @ 123
    60' = 1.47
    DA = 500

Naturally Aspirated-230/242 Cam-.030 Milled Heads-Valve Job-New Era Performance ECM/TCM tune-New Era Performance Ported Throttle Body-Vararam CAI-Rick Crawford Modified Intake Manifold-VMS HSRK-UD Pulley-MSD Plugs-4" MAF-Ram Air Plate-Circle D Triple Disk 4000-4200 245mm Converter-3.45 gears-1 7/8 American Racing Headers-Magnaflow mid muffler-SLP Lowering Springs in Rear-M&H Skinnies-Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials 295/45/17-Dark Star Rims

- ARANGO AUTOMOTIVE & TOWING SERVICES, WEBSTER NY

liberalism is pro-retard MoonPie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, anyone know what the requirements are in terms of bulb color or can I have all bulbs the same color? I'm thinking nope but would like same color all around if I can.
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
    black with black trackhawk wheels and loaded sans DVD player

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone changed out the 194 bulbs in the dome lights, yet. What size in lumens did you go with? Did you use a light that is designed like a tower or a flat plate design OR-----? After doing my new GMC truck the car has to have new dome light bulbs.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to know this as well. Best ones used for tails and turns and backup, exact description on V-LEDs, so we know why to order. Best 194 for dome and map lights?
    2008 G8 GT. Ignition Orange Metallic.
    SHOW: 6000K DDM HID's, 6000K LED Fogs, Interior LEDs, Video In Park from Speedisking, IOM Shark Fin, GXP Diffuser, 15% Tint, 15% tint front/rear reflectors.
    GO: Solo Mach Unbalanced Catback
    Mods coming soon: Roto-Fab Carbon Fiber CAI, EFI Live Tune by Wait4MePerformance, Kooks Mids w/ HFC

Post Thanks / Like

this is good to have around

ProCharger F-1D
    Treadstone TR1235 FMIC
    Kooks 1 7/8 LTH
    Corsa catback
    New Era (228/240) cam
    Yella Terra 1.7 Rockers
    GMPP LS3 CNC heads
    Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump
    FAST fuel rails
    FAST FPR
    FIC 1000cc injectors
    Yank SS2800
    Camaro trans pan/filter
    Earl's trans cooler
    RX catch can

EFI Live 736 RWHP/642 LBFT 91oct 15psi
    EFI Live 730 RWHP/621 LBFT E85 13psi
    EFI Live 695 RWHP/603 LBFT E85 11psi
    HP Tuners 762RWHP/646LBFT E85 9psi

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

So what are some good interior LED choices for the dome etc? I have bought some LEDs before and they were extremely dim / not as advertised. I'd rather not waste my money again on poor product.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T