Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roto-Fab Customer service

#019 of 888
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Roto-Fab Customer service

I am sure the Roto-fab CAI has already had a complete review written up. What I would like to talk about is Roto-fab as a company, particularly customer service. Saturday night I had a check engine light come in on the G8. So, I pulled the code up on the dashawk to find out its the engine too lean. I popped the hood and found the 90 degree elbow on the Roto-fab CAI was cracked. My first thought was "great what is this gonna cost". That night I contact Roto-fab via there website. I figured Monday they would see the email. Tuesday I would get an email back. Then with ordering, processing, and shipping I was looking at over a week. I was shock Sunday when I opened my email to find a response already. Mike MClain only asked for a shipping address and said he would ship it on Monday. Sure enough today (Tuesday) when I get home from work it is sitting on my porch. Its nice to see a company that stands by its product. The part was replaced for free with a 3 day turn around. (One of those days being a Sunday.) If any one asks me for a recommendation for a CAI, I'll tell them its Roto-fab FTW! You can't beat their customer service.
    2008 Liquid Red G8 GT #019 of 888 . 403rwhp/386rwtq

2. Likes Sprinkle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great story & great write up!

2009 White Hot G8 GT (stock)

* SOLD * 222/230 .597/.600 114+4 EPS Cam, Patrick G ECM/TCM Tune, Roto-Fab CAI, HSRK, Yank 3200 Torque Converter,
    Transmission Cooler, Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers, high flow cats, stock mufflers, Billet Prototypes Catch Can, UD Pulley,
    Ported Intake Manifold, Spohn Trailing Arms

407 RWHP & 365 RWTQ

Best Time: 12.517 @ 115.02mph w/ 1.97 60' time - (on stock 18" AS Tires)

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, customer service from Roto-Fab is outstanding.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, I had a mix up with parts, they made it right. They e-mailed me at like 5am. Great CS is hard to come by these days.
    2008 Liquid Red P&S

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    Agreed, customer service from Roto-Fab is outstanding.
    +1
    2009 SBM G8GT (Garage Queen)
    Best Time- 12.640 @ 111.78 1.994 60' w/2.92 gears NOW- 3.45s and fast!
    click on any colored words in sig for more detail
    8222 miles and resting 8/16/2020

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to the owner after I had mine installed and told him about a issue I was having and we must of talked for a hour to give me some solutions and I was very happy with the results. Plus it was after hours on a Friday and the owner picks up the ringing phone and spends the time with me to talk about my issue.

That is what we need more of in this country to make good on their products and make their products here in the GRRRR8 USA.
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Let me add my testimony that Roto-Fab has outstanding customer service to go with grrrr8 products. I have had the pleasure of speaking with Mike McLain, the owner, on a problem. He was extremely helpful and took care of me. Top notch company.
    2009.5 G8 GT, Patrick G. tuned-389rwhp, 379tq

...your lack of faith disturbs me...

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 for Roto-Fab, I bought mine used and they still replaced the elbow for free, including shipping to Canada.
    2009 G8 GT::Panther Black

Post Thanks / Like

good to hear that companies still care about customers.
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

100% agree with everyone, Roto-Fab CS is outstanding and Mike in particular is a dream to work with. When I ordered my CAI as well as all the engine bay trim, he not only worked with me to set up a package deal, but came up with a few suggestions (that I hadn't thought of or knew possible) as to what he could do that would fit what I was going for the best. It's like he completely understood what I was going for without me even having to state it.

Definitely very highly recommended vendor!
    '09 MSM G8 GT - Premium, Sport, Sunroof - since 9/18/08
    Performance: Roto-Fab CAI; Corsa catback; VMS Tune; DBA 4000 slotted discs; Hawks Performance Ceramic pads
    Interior: SAS/GTPprix Digital Gauges; Interior trim by CAA; Homelink-visor; Blendmount/Invisicord mounted V1/Dashhawk
    Exterior: 3M 20% CS Tint; TSS custom darts; splash guards; Roto-Fab engine bay; Klearz sidemarkers; Spencers 5000k lows/3000k fogs
    Misc.: Billet Prototypes catch can; full V-LEDs LED swap