Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In light of recent events...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, just looking around it looks like this is a way more relaxed forum. I'm looking forward to contributing here. Though it will mostly be V6 stuff....

Post Thanks / Like

I came over with the last dick-n-texas incident.
    Welcome!

DD: 08 White Hot G8 GT Best E.T. 12.698 @ 109.1 MPH
    VMR 20's 4 Wheel 04 CTS-V Brembo's
    FE3 & Eibach, Roto Fab,Doug Thorley LTs Magnaflow
    1 of 1,086 2008 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT's

Garage Queen:
    09 Stryker Blue G8 GT (No ET Under construction)
    TVS1900, GXP 19's, 4 Wheel 09 CTS-V Brembo's
    Rotofab, Solo, More to come soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 66cat389 View Post
    Yep, I made my way here too after I got my head stomped in by one of the mods for asking if we could start a paypal account to help pay the SV fees. I understood where they were coming from, but I don't need moderators jumping all over me for asking a simple question.
    http://forum.grrrr8.net/announcement.php?f=63

Speaking for myself. I've never had any problems with the other board you are talking about. It was the first board I joined when the G8 first came out and I wanted to soak up information. I have never had any problems with anybody on that board, that is a fact. I joined this board about a year or so after joining the other when I heard about it from some of the guys at the race track. This is also a quality board.

The problem with board wars is that some expect a person to take the tact of 'our board or nothing'. In this context, I want to enjoy both boards, with loyalty being evenly split, not 60-40 one board over another. Some members here have axes to grind against the other board, however the mods and admins of this site put out the link I posted about no more board wars, because if they didn't this board could morph into an 'I hate the other board for so and so reason type of board'. Nobody wins in this context.

Even your signature of "Refugee from that "other" forum...." should be looked at as a violation of the no board war policy.

You (and others) may not like my attitude, that's OK, but all I want is for both boards to co-exist in peace , and threads of this nature won't allow that.

Welcome here, however I don't really care about what happened over 'there'.
    Last edited by OLD_GOAT; 08-20-2010 at 10:36 PM.
    2013 Deep Impact Blue Mustang GT, automatic. None premium. Steeda lower control arms, GT 500 axle backs, BAMA tune, Nitto 275/40/17 NT05R drag radials, Airaid CAI.............12.13 @ 115.33......1.891...... 4/19/13 Royal Purple

Post Thanks / Like

I just can't figure out what y'all are talking about. It sounds like some sort of private playpen or something somewhere.

This one will be alive LONG after the ashes of it are stone-cold-dead. Feel free to breathe, without somebody in your back pocket.

Welcome, former friends.
    The "Cheap-@ss Modder" and Thread Killer
    Just Sitting The Bench Now
    "Git that boy a cold rag for his head"

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Many have had different issues with that board, but I am glad everyone found their way here. Post away!
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!
    2008 G8GT #110 of #888 Ignition Orange, 20 Inch Savini SV8 Wheels, Maggie 1900, VMS DOD Delete Stock Converter Cam, Pedders XA Street Plus, Kook's 1 3/4 LT's, Rotofab CAI, VMS Tune, Mustang Dyno 522 RWHP/489.3 TQ

Great Lakes Moderator BlueJacket's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, my quality of life has improved since being banned from that place.

2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT
    2010 Camaro SS Wheels, Holden V8 Badges, Crazy Paul GPS Trim Package, Blacked Out Arrowheads, Red Calipers, Hawk HPS Pads, DBA 4000 T3 Rotors, Rebadged Trunk, 3.5" Stubby Antenna, Holden Engine Covers, Engine Cover Overlays, Engine Dress Up Items, Holden V6 Rad Cover, GXP Rear Diffuser W/Tinted Reflectors, Flips Tinted Tails, Hood Vent Mod, Grrrr8 IC Mod, Solo Mach Balanced Exhaust with 3.5" Tips and NEP OTR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going to go into the nitty gritty with everything that happened there. But I will say that I felt I was being unfairly treated for asking what seemed to be a simple question. Let's just leave it at that and move on. I already like it better here. I saw the chat box down at the bottom of the page last night and thought that was pretty cool, and I have already made a few posts. Looking forward to making more as time goes on. OLD_Goat you are right, I'm looking for a fresh start and I will edit my sig after I post this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polo View Post
    Welcome! There have been many people join this board and forget all about the other...
    other board....what other board?

this one rocks!
    Kevin
    2009 SRM G8 GXP A6 + Roof
    Go
    Vararam CAI
    VMS "Stealth" Dyno Tune
    VMS HSRK
    GTPprix's hacked Atari gauges
    Norris Motorsports Billet Oil Catch Can
    Radical Advantage Trans dipstick
    Blendimount and Invisicord for the V-1