Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: $962k speeding ticket

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's not fair that people who earn more money have to pay more taxes, but it's also not fair that someone who makes less money doesn't have enough money to make ends meet. It's also not fair that an athlete makes $10 million a year and some people only make minimum wage. It's not fair that someone gets a ticket for speeding and someone else gets off with a warning. So basically there's a lot of things in life that aren't fair, but in most situations we have no control over it. So all we can do is accept things they way they are and try to make the best of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rez0nance View Post
    aw shit, you brought up the military to dr... If this thread wasn't already going to hell, it's going to do so now...

On another note, i love the fact that most people on these forums have their heads on straight.

finally... Ibtl!
    lmao!
    Roto-Fab CAI, 25% UDP, "TR Blower" - 214/230 .601/.579 117 LSA, DOD Delete, Kooks LTH's, Kooks catted x-pipe, Kooks axle-backs, DMH electric cutouts, a little shot (ok, maybe not so little) of happy juice and tune by Tony G. @ HP Performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRCUSTOMPARTS View Post
    Maybe it's not fair that people who earn more money have to pay more taxes, but it's also not fair that someone who makes less money doesn't have enough money to make ends meet. It's also not fair that an athlete makes $10 million a year and some people only make minimum wage. It's not fair that someone gets a ticket for speeding and someone else gets off with a warning. So basically there's a lot of things in life that aren't fair, but in most situations we have no control over it. So all we can do is accept things they way they are and try to make the best of it.
    You are so right... You know its not fair that some people put themselves in tremendous debt with student loans to pay for their college so they may one day get a good paying job, while others say F it, school sux and make minimum wage.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I know quite a few people that went to college, yet they don't make that much money because they can't get a job in their field of study. Nothing is guarantied in life and some people are more fortunate than others. I served a Tool & Die apprenticeship 35 years ago and made good money when I first got into the trade. For the first 15 years of my marriage my wife didn't work and we always lived comfortably. But wages in my field haven't kept up with inflation (which is true with a lot of blue collar jobs), so recently my wife had to start working and we still have a hard time making ends meet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRCUSTOMPARTS View Post
    Don Im speachless for once
    2009 G8

Post Thanks / Like

This could go either way. Kind of like red light cameras.

I just see no way that this could ever be legally justified. How could you stop profiling and be non discriminatory? If a Ford and Mercedes were going down the road speeding side by side, would you pull over the a) Mercedes or b) Ford. Same effort to pull either over. Would the lower income be more likely to get warnings as the wealthy people can make up 6x in one stop?

Post Thanks / Like

rez, if you only knew how timely your statement is. Here is a clip from the Chicago Sun Times from just a couple of days ago. I originally caught this story on our local news here in Chicago.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityhal...kets17.article

Good ole Chicago machines wheels keep on turnin'!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    I just see no way that this could ever be legally justified. How could you stop profiling and be non discriminatory? If a Ford and Mercedes were going down the road speeding side by side, would you pull over the a) Mercedes or b) Ford. Same effort to pull either over. Would the lower income be more likely to get warnings as the wealthy people can make up 6x in one stop?
    The problem is in this country you can not discriminate based on Age, Sex or Race BUT you can based on ones salary

Example we tried to go a goverment backed loan modification to our home loan and I was denied do to "excess income" I make good money but Im far from "Rich" (we where trying to refi to get rid of our arm)
    2009 G8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    The problem is in this country you can not discriminate based on Age, Sex or Race BUT you can based on ones salary

Example we tried to go a goverment backed loan modification to our home loan and I was denied do to "excess income" I make good money but Im far from "Rich" (we where trying to refi to get rid of our arm)
    r33, I think you and chuckie669 have hit the nail on the head. Class discrimination seems to be the last safe haven for those who care to mute the rights (and some times privelages) of others be they rich or poor. Like you, I am by no means rich, I was raised in inner city housing for that matter, but I get frustrated trying to hold on to as much of what I've earned as possible.

That is an awful irony about your re-fi woes r33 seeing as the working poor can be blamed DIRECTLY (no grey area to me anyways) for the housing "crisis". I hope everything worked out.

Read the F'n contract next time people! 5.8% today can become 11.8% tommorow. No predatory lending just piss poor legeslation (Barney Frank) along with poor reconciliary legislation and the inept masses who thought they deserved a 200k house on a $12hr. job. Race (literally in the Bill) based legislation (manufactured equality, like the 962k ticket) forced banks to lend to people that would have otherwise been denied for a WalMart charge card. The great lending tree, 22 yr. olds driving around in brand new Audis...Hahahaha. Not any more! The OPM game is dead (other peoples money), time to pay up! This is just one more example of how that way of thinking (and governing) hurts everybody.

Sorry if I sound crass. I'm gonna shut up now for fear of a political slippery slope and gettin my ass in trouble. Lol