Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $962k speeding ticket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BW G8GT View Post
    ^^^exactly !!!! You hit the nail right on the head^^^
    Being the devils advocate, I agree with the wage/worth based theory. If you make a million dollars a year.....you would give a crap about a few points or tiny fees.... you need to proprotionally hurt the offender to make some sort of emotional and financial impact so as to deter the action. When Bill Gates gets a ticket, do you think he really cars about a couple hundred dollar ticket...

Just an opposing viewpoint....
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80
    9.2@151.... fastest and heaviest G8 known to man.... ...

Post Thanks / Like

The money (cost) isn't the only deterent of not breaking the law.

Sometimes people have safety in mind, and morals (especially for some of the bigger offenses)

I don't blow through Stop signs at 45mph. because I am scared of the 100 dollar ticket..

I don't do it, because it is extremely dangerous, to me, and others on the road.

I dont rob banks, because it is wrong to steal from people.. Yes, going to jail would suck.. But I don't walk into a bank and think,, man I wish stealing other's hard earned money was legal..
    2012 Mustang GT
    6 speed Manual Transmission

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPie View Post
    Steal from the hardworking and give to the lazy...
    Just because someone makes less money doesn't mean they are lazy. Some people with low paying jobs work harder than those with higher paying jobs. Some people aren't fortunate enough to be able to afford a college education to land a high paying job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRCUSTOMPARTS View Post
    Just because someone makes less money doesn't mean they are lazy. Some people with low paying jobs work harder than those with higher paying jobs. Some people aren't fortunate enough to be able to afford a college education to land a high paying job.
    I agree-- poor doesnt equal lazy (always). But the system of redistribution really doesn't distinguish between the two.
    2012 Mustang GT
    6 speed Manual Transmission

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, in my experience, that is an excuse. I went to a very expensive private university ($27,000 per year for tuition alone), and almost everybody I knew went through on their own dime with student loans. Most of them have jobs that pay decently, and some have six figures worth of debt. It's a question of what you make yourself afford.
    Last edited by SportRedGT; 08-13-2010 at 10:15 PM.
    2009 SRM G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

I have family that lives in Switzerland and I'm all to familiar with this law. They are happy to live like this surprisingly.

Equal protection under the law doesn't apply in social democracies. The US will be there shortly. Their system is tragically flawed but they are proud to have it that way under the guise of 'fairness'. LMFAO

Here come a few examples of the logical ineptitude of the Swiss' best and brightest. A child will easily understand what I'm saying despite all the cultural relativity in the world. Here goes.

Two men commit the exact same type of robbery one is 22 yrs. old the other is 52 yrs. old. According to the Swiss the younger man should get MORE time seeing as the older man has less of it to give , generally speaking, it has greater value to him...just a percentage of relative value. The same asinine logic we use to tax the wealthy here.

The next (and most ironic based on the Swiss' famed monetary insight) 962k after all residual and compounding interest etc. are factored in will far exceed their 3% assessment on a guy that makes a mere 50k a year. This is a travesty and a f***** joke.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed!! Except I graduated from college and elected to work my ass off on our farm and be poor! What an idiot! But every time you take a sip of beer you can thank me!
    2008 G8 Gt: Roto-fab, VMS (ECM/TCM) Tune, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's with catted x-pipe and SLP Powerflo Axle Backs, Tint, 35w/5000k HID's, DC Audio Level 4 XL 15" powered by a Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D and hopefully a lot more to come!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubblyjock View Post
    ... every time you take a sip of beer you can thank me!
    Thank you!
    '09 LR G8GT w/ Premium / Sport / Sunroof / 35% Tint
    Conti-DW Extremes

liberalism is pro-retard MoonPie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I never said rich or poor. I said hardworking and lazy. Even the man picking up my trash pays an unfair amount of taxes. He works hard, probably harder than say, the president of the United States, yet he still has to pay taxes that go towards the lazy fucks salary.

And, I am lucky I was able to afford college, I had to run fast and be able to catch a football, but I could afford college. Ten surgeries later and I had a free degree.
    Last edited by MoonPie; 08-14-2010 at 01:19 PM.
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
    black with black trackhawk wheels and loaded sans DVD player

Post Thanks / Like

for all of you out there that are all right with this. what happens when they start applying this to other crimes, like dealing drugs or prostitution? If you don't have money is it ok for you to get a lesser sentence?