Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good for you San Antonio...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good for you San Antonio...

Been here all this week for the whole Sea World, Riverwalk, etc etc.....Was on our way to eat @ Tower of Americas and saw on the opposite side of the highway....a car pulled over. Nothing special, I know, until I saw what had pulled it over. Not sure if it was a Sheriff or a High-Po but it was a Silver 2010 Camaro, with the blacked out 5 star "steely" lookin wheels. I'm sure it was an LS3 with general weight savings package (B4C in fbodies etc) so no fancyness, but still I was surprised to see one so quickly as a patrol unit.

Bad part of the trip was the crappola base model Charger we got stuck with. I won't go into detail, but I sure hope the R/Ts and SRT8s are WAY better than what we had, because I was thoroughly unimpressed.

Trip was good though, just had to share my excitement with others who will appreciate the greatness of seeing another Camaro patrol car!

Post Thanks / Like

How the food and the price at the tower of the americas would really like to take the my and kids there.
    2009 G8 GT Mods: Roto-Fab CAI, Pypes axlebacks, HSRK, LP mod, Kooks LT's 1 7/8 into 3"x-pipe, UD pulley, Circle D 2800-3000 converter, pcmforless tranny cooler, PATRICK tune. Now hope fully in the future a MAGGIE supercharger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1sicg8 View Post
    How the food and the price at the tower of the americas would really like to take the my and kids there.
    I ate at the tower of America, back in May... We went on a whim with time to kill before heading to the
    Airport. My absolute favorite part was the "calamari and friends" appetizer. Although the raspberry soufflé was amazing as well. We stayed long enough for the whole 360 degree tour. It was fun, not sure how the kids food is though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

Oh. And it is pricey... But worth it.

(sorry I can only put one pic per post from muh phone)
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

Post Thanks / Like

Fun times!

**RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

Post Thanks / Like

The food was good! Final tally for wife, daughter and myself was $130 w/o the tip, so not too bad.

We got the calamari and friends too, which was awesome, but nothing topped the lava cake. We went at night and got a booth seat facing out, which was kick ass.

The kids food is fine. Daughter got chicken and was just as good as anywhere else we've gotten chicken strips and fries from. I'll have to upload a night pic sometime too.

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by '02 ws6 View Post
    Been here all this week for the whole Sea World, Riverwalk, etc etc.....Was on our way to eat @ Tower of Americas and saw on the opposite side of the highway....a car pulled over. Nothing special, I know, until I saw what had pulled it over. Not sure if it was a Sheriff or a High-Po but it was a Silver 2010 Camaro, with the blacked out 5 star "steely" lookin wheels. I'm sure it was an LS3 with general weight savings package (B4C in fbodies etc) so no fancyness, but still I was surprised to see one so quickly as a patrol unit.

Bad part of the trip was the crappola base model Charger we got stuck with. I won't go into detail, but I sure hope the R/Ts and SRT8s are WAY better than what we had, because I was thoroughly unimpressed.

Trip was good though, just had to share my excitement with others who will appreciate the greatness of seeing another Camaro patrol car!
    From what I've read, the V6 Charger is an absolute POS in terms of power.
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

I read the same....then drove it...and thought even the written report of its lack of power was underpowered. It takes an eternity to get to 60, and yes I started in "L" and went up through the gears one good time. God it's awful. I'm not a fan of the bulkiness of it either. If you think there are some blind spots in the G8s, drive a Charger. There are blind AREAS in that car. I'm not a fan of the cluster either and the tilt function is.....odd to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Going there for School at Lackland AFB, I can't wait
    2009 Pontiac Panther Black Premium & Sport Packages no roof
    Show: 3M Clear Bra, 30% tint, Pontiac Splash Guards, JHP Radiator Cover, Weather Tech Floor Mats
    Go: PM-FL Axle-back, Volant Intake
    Future Mods: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I've ate at the Tower of Americas....made me dizzy, lol

I'm not thrilled with heights also, the trip up there isn't fun for Shawn.....
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED