Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Useless remote start...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Useless remote start...

Well now that winter is coming upon us here in Western NY. We all pretty much have remote starters on our cars to make the inside toasty and the windows thawed. At least thats what 99% of the cars w/remote starters do. Of course ours don't.
    The dealer failed to inform us that the G8's w/the single zone climate control does not function unless the key is in the ignition in the on/run position. If we would have know that we would have opted for the dual zone climate control. That one works with the remote start.

So...is there a remedy for this.
    '08 G8 V6 PBM. Purchased 30 Oct 08
    '09 G8 GT PBM. Sport/Prem. Purchased 4 May 10
    '04 GTO Cosmos Purple M6, SAP Grills/Spoiler, '05 Hood and Brakes, Procharged, Trickflow 515hp H/C Kit, SLP LT's/LM II exhaust, BMR drag bags, GMM Ripshifter, SCSS Gauge pod and A-pillar pods, CV8R Wheels.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, it only turns on when it is actually freezing outside, according to the car. The other day, I went out, it was clearly freezing, based on the frost covering the whole car. I hit the remote start. Came back a few minutes later, and the HVAC wasn't running. The exterior temp said 33. The next day, it worked, and the exterior temp said 32.

The Blown One
    Post Thanks / Like

works in my car......
    http://www.superchargersonline.com
    10060 Canoga Ave
    Unit A
    Chatsworth, CA 91311
    818-998-1975

brian@superchargersonline.com

Post Thanks / Like

When I first used my remote it would crank either the A/C or the heater up to get the car to 70 degrees with the fan on max. Not sure what I did different but not it doesn't seem to do that function any more. I will actually have to re read the owners manual to figure out what went amiss.
    2009 Pacific Slate Metallic G8 GT with hacked Atari gages. Pioneer F500BT GPS/Bluetooth. Mods: I can not confirm or deny the existence of modifications on this car.

Post Thanks / Like

since when does a g8 have single zone climate control?
    its not how shiny it is or how fast it is,its how you drive it!
    GT,prem,sport pkgs
    hood deflector
    GXP diffuser
    smoked corner and tail signals
    trunk mat
    kicker subs-sony amp(custom well ecl.-me build!)
    Infinity 2way doors
    MTX re-q (for subs)
    35% tint all around
    red LED's under dash + seats
    Vararam & HSRK
    Kaltech custom 93 tune
    Solo axlebacks
    333RWHP/340RWTQ (mustang dyno)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GT-610 View Post
    since when does a g8 have single zone climate control?
    The V-6 has it standard.
    2009 G8 GT
    Panther Black Metallic

577rwhp / 547rwtq

Magna Charger TVS MP1900
    Custom Blower Cam
    DOD Delete
    2.8 Pulley
    PowerBond 10% Overdrive Crank Pulley
    ZL1 Fuel Pump Kit
    JMS BAP
    FAST 65lb Injectors
    Roto-Fab CAI
    American Racing Longtube Headers
    GXP Axlebacks
    Camaro 3.27 Differential
    CTS-V 19x9/19x9.5 Wheels
    Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Tires - 255/40 - 285/35

Post Thanks / Like

Mine heats up to 70 like someone said, but I wish the front and rear defrost was automatic.

PS the It can be set for single or dual zone on my GT.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Mines running when I get in the car and then when I put the key in it shuts off and does its test and then turns it back on to where I had it set.

NOW... The seat heaters not being on kinda sucks... lol My old car had a toggle switch so if you left it on it was ON.

Still LOVE this car!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4gasem View Post
    My old car had a toggle switch so if you left it on it was ON.

Still LOVE this car!
    I use my heated seats about every time that I drive. The Tahoe has the best heated seats that I've used so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS View Post
    I use my heated seats about every time that I drive. The Tahoe has the best heated seats that I've used so far.
    Well the G8's are FREAKY hot on 1 and 2 and 3 are down right painful at highway speeds!

I like that these go up the back. My last car just did the seat bottom.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!