Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLO Performance G8 High Flow Cats

Post Thanks / Like

im in fl so emissions dont matter im just trying to figure out which one of there systems work on LT with no mod.

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Any of the mach systems will bolt up to doug thorley LT's with no cats.

Post Thanks / Like

will the DT shorty headers bolt up to the solo catback?
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Panther metallic black, Onyx/Red interior.
    Roto-Fab intake, Doug Thorley shorty headers, catless, Solo mach exhaust, GXP front bumper, GXP rear diffuser, Roto-Fab Rad cover, Billet Prototypes oil catch can, GTPprix hacked atari gauge, Powerbond UDP and Camaro deep trans pan, AeroForce Interceptor gauge with cubby pod, GXP FE3 Struts/Shocks, GXP Transmission AUX Cooler and Jannetty Racing Transmission Dipstick.

2009 G8 GT was paid off on June 6th 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by williamGT View Post
    will the DT shorty headers bolt up to the solo catback?
    DT shorties yes. DT long tubes yes. Shorties replace manifolds only, long tubes replace manifolds and cats.

Posted by iPhone via Tapatalk
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slizzo View Post
    DT shorties yes. DT long tubes yes. Shorties replace manifolds only, long tubes replace manifolds and cats.

Thanks....I hear you have to modify the long tubes to put the cats in.
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Panther metallic black, Onyx/Red interior.
    Roto-Fab intake, Doug Thorley shorty headers, catless, Solo mach exhaust, GXP front bumper, GXP rear diffuser, Roto-Fab Rad cover, Billet Prototypes oil catch can, GTPprix hacked atari gauge, Powerbond UDP and Camaro deep trans pan, AeroForce Interceptor gauge with cubby pod, GXP FE3 Struts/Shocks, GXP Transmission AUX Cooler and Jannetty Racing Transmission Dipstick.

2009 G8 GT was paid off on June 6th 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by williamGT View Post
    Thanks....I hear you have to modify the long tubes to put the cats in.
    You'd have to modify the catback more likely depending... Solo makes catted connectors for the Kooks long tubes, might be able to modify those to fit.

2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't have to modify any catback systems to work with the DT's. The DT's attach to the same point the stock cats do but they eliminate the cats. The DT shorty's will bolt directly up to either the Solo Cats or the stock cats. In my humble opinion the shorty's aren't worth it unless you replace the very restrictive stock cats. Replacing the stock cats with high flow cats and keeping the stock manifolds will net you better gains that replacing the stock manifolds and keeping the stock cats. I hope this isn't too confusing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    You don't have to modify any catback systems to work with the DT's. The DT's attach to the same point the stock cats do but they eliminate the cats. The DT shorty's will bolt directly up to either the Solo Cats or the stock cats. In my humble opinion the shorty's aren't worth it unless you replace the very restrictive stock cats. Replacing the stock cats with high flow cats and keeping the stock manifolds will net you better gains that replacing the stock manifolds and keeping the stock cats. I hope this isn't too confusing.
    He wants to keep cats from what I can gather on his last post. That's why I said he would have to modify.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slizzo View Post
    He wants to keep cats from what I can gather on his last post. That's why I said he would have to modify.

Gotcha, I didn't read that. In that case the Solo cats will work perfectly with the DT Shorty's. I asked Jeff@Solo before ordering the Kooks if they had done a DT LT setup and he said no. I would not think it would be a difficult modification though. The flange would be simple and you would probably have to change the rear 02 location. Solo would more than likely do this for free if someone were to drive to their shop or they would do it at a great price point. It would be nice to have them do this so they can possibly design a DT midpipe. The DT's are certainly a popular choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, just pointing it out.

If it were me, I would get the long tubes and work around those. You won't see much of a gain just doing shorties and a catback.