Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Audio System

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    I caught one this morning and it turned the car slightly sideways! My favorite way to get awake in the morning. Yes, even more then that, because that makes me want to go back to sleep! LOL
    I had "that" last night which is probably good as I had none of the tire chirp this morning...

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobyoung View Post
    For those of you who think this sound system is a little light on bass, there is a subwoofer amp in the trunk just to the front of the battery with a gain (volume) control on it. It is set about halfway on from the factory, is a lttle halfway detent on it, I turned it all the way up today and what a difference! It like getting 100 more watts out of the system. Of course you don't but it changes the overall balance of the system so that it kicks ass and most of the power of a system is used for the really low stuff anyway. I like most kinds of stuff and everything sounded much better to me set like this. I asked my wife how she liked the new sound and she said the bass was going through her chest. To access it pull up the floor cover, take off the plastic molding on the back of the trunk that has the netting attached, you undo those four attachments, then pop the two divits holding the left panel on and the amp is right between the battery and the back wheel well with cables going in to it from the top, can't miss it. The volume control is in the middle on the bottom of the amp. I tried to find it by sticking my hand under the panel and couldn't find it that way as other's have. If you like bass, you'll be amazed at the difference. I was also able to change the back-front balance more towards the front going from R3 to R1 which also raised the overall volume.
    I did this in a parking lot waiting for my wife to spend all her money, took about 15 minutes tops.
    Since you cannot see the knob to turn it, which way do we turn it. Clockwise or Counterclockwise?
    2008 Liquid Red, Premium (onyx/red), Sport. ARH 1 3/4 LT, Roto Fab CAI, VMS HSRK, Jeremy Formato Ported Intake and TB, Livernois Stage 1c Cam & DOD Delete, CNC Valve Job, Jeremy Formato Chasis Dyno Tune, BP Catch Can, lower panel mod.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Clockwise.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.
    2008 Liquid Red, Premium (onyx/red), Sport. ARH 1 3/4 LT, Roto Fab CAI, VMS HSRK, Jeremy Formato Ported Intake and TB, Livernois Stage 1c Cam & DOD Delete, CNC Valve Job, Jeremy Formato Chasis Dyno Tune, BP Catch Can, lower panel mod.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Make sure the music's on when you turn it. If the bass goes down, turn it the other way.
    2009 G8 GT::Panther Black

Post Thanks / Like

Worked great. Stereo now sounds like I thought it should. I'm only surprised they would make such adjustment so tough to get to. Thanks for the information.

3 day old G8 GT. White Hot.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna have to do this. Thanks guys!
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Summit White. M6 some mods.
    2010 VW Jetta TDI Cup Edition, Red. 42 mpg avg!
    2010 Kawasaki Z1000....many mods. ITBFST-R
    (Tragically gone) 2008 G8 GT Black on black, Prem., sunroof.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just did the adjustment to my GXP. Sounds much better. Thanx.

Post Thanks / Like

So this added to overal volume or just an increase in bass? Just curious. Also its this amp just for the subs?
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105