Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How strong is the IRS?

Post Thanks / Like

.....just drive around the water the best you can...do-able at most tracks.

I ordered just the diff Pedders bushings, and will let you know what they do.

Mine wheel hops like an SOB with just my few free mods and my bad-ass home made CAI.

If I could make these...nicely, I would put it up against any one out there.
    09 Stryker G8 GT, modded after 8 miles of ownership.
    07 SRT8 Jeep, 12.43 N/A, 11.37@119 with a 195nos shot.....baddest least modded in the world!

Post Thanks / Like

wait till intense puts there g8 on the track for the first time...
    Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    all the DICs I have seen looked the same.

its a good thing I didnt go into a history of my experiences with all the DICs I have seen. Domestic, import, euro I have seen them all!

Post Thanks / Like

man ZF is one of my largest customers! I sell them electronics for the marine devision. I did not even know they did automotive stuff! I wonder if they can supply different gears for it?? i might have to make a phone call onthis one!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    man ZF is one of my largest customers! I sell them electronics for the marine devision. I did not even know they did automotive stuff! I wonder if they can supply different gears for it?? i might have to make a phone call onthis one!
    Call them now!
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    I would disagree, i have broke two posi and three axles in my street gto that i drove on the streets daily.The 7.5 and size of the case limits the ability of the small gto case.I see that you have had great results in your 9 second car that is stripped down ,modified to give you the best 1/4 mile time possible,using a 3 speed tranny with a trans break no swaybar etc,and thats great your also using a 15 inch tire maybe even a drag race slick ,which absorbes alot of the shock load .Your car is not the norm a progressive nitrous set up will ease the power in and save alot of shock on the drive train parts.I just wouldnt sugest to the guys in here that the rear will hold up in a car that the will drive daily ,weighing 4000lb plus with street tires in the 18-22 inch range..IT seems gm has made a great stride in the g8 over the gto size wise but if you need the $900 kazz,which is not recomended for drag racing and has to be rebuilt, along with a $600 rear gear and a $450 rear cover and just a few gear choices i like the idea of a 8.8 swap.
    Wow, you must be bored this morning, LOL
    I had great success on the stock dif and never spend the $ on all the crap you mention that everyone needs so I guess I wouldnt know what your talking about.
    And yes the 8.8 is a good diff, cheap gears and plentiful.
    Gforce Engineering
    LIFETIME WARRANTY!
    The Leaders in IRS Drivetrain Technology
    gforce1320@gmail.com
    www.Gforce1320.com 316-260-8433
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...honenumber.jpg