Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another love story involving man, his beloved G8, and warranty people.....

Post Thanks / Like

The dealers are probably sick and tired of seeing these POS's in their shops draining their funds.
    2008 MGM G8 GT
    NEP OTR intake
    Custom 2.5" exhaust with X-pipe and Thrush turbo mufflers
    Vector HSRK
    35w 5000k HIDs
    334whp/358lb.ft - 13.05@107 1.98 60'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by '02 ws6 View Post
    Well I just finished dealing with the warranty people from my local dealer on the phone...which was a "pleasant" topic.

Starting off, there had been the usual problems (front suspension clunk, rear main leaking ever so slighty but no drip) but due to it being my wife's DD we weren't in too big of a rush to fix them. Last week she comes up to me and says, "My car's running really shitty and the service engine light's on,"I ask her how long its been like this, she tells me "For a while"...oh geez.

I take the car to auto zone to pull the code, and confirms my suspiscions of a fouled plug. I get new ones, swap 'em in and everything seems normal. Reviewing the old plugs bank 2 looked to be burning a bit more than bank 1, so decided to run the new plugs for a day or so and check them after that.....it didn't make it that long. She called me the next morning saying it was running pretty bad in low rpms and at the present time wouldn't go above 27mph, it was acting like it was hitting a governer and refusing to gain speed past that mark. After pulling over and turning off car and removing the key that problem was remedied for the time being. We immediately took it up to our local dealer where we purchased it (her bro works there) and he got us in with the warranty manager.

My dealings with warranty managers has a spotty history to start off with, and this was no better as the guy already had an attitude before I began explaining the problems associated with the car. He asks me about problems, I tell him the main point of the motor and what I had done to try and remedy the situation to avoid taking in for warranty work. I also elude to other problems, the suspension clunck, rear main, and other minor poblems, to which he asks "why is it clunking, and why do you think its a leak when its not leaving a drip below the car?" Those two right there straight irritated me. I told him I moderated a G8 board and I'm quite familiar with the associated problems, TSBs and so forth pf these cars and know specifically as to what is common problems and even what they need to do to fix them. He then says, "Well TSBs are just to imform us of potential and rare problems that may need repairing and just describes the repair process to us in formal detail." Then I tell him, "if there's a TSB then its obviously been a problem to a number of cars but not enough to necessitate a recall. There's always a correllation between TSBs and the problems to specific cars." He notes the problems and moves to the motor and first asks me, "why did you change plugs? Ours are rated @ 150k miles." I chuckled and said, "Obviously not" haha. He then alerts me to the fact that NGKs are a "performance plug" and not standard. Continuing my smart-assness I answer back, "oh shit, no wonder I bitch slapped that Lambo on the way here!" He found no humor lol. At this point I'm patting myself on the back that I had the wherewithall to remove my Jettt CAI and put the stocker on to avoid any problems.

Moving forward I get a call today from the warranty manager who immediately asks me, "where do you get your gas?" I tell him Phillips 66.....90oct (highest oct premium around here) all the time. He then alerts me that I'm buying "too much bad gas" and all 4 plugs on bank 2 fouled, and the cylinder walls in bank 2 have so much carbon buildup that the shortblock will have to be rebuilt.....bad gas? I chuckle to myself and continue following his report. He then says that they were unable to replicate the suspension clunk and it may be improper tire inflation or road ambience. That pisses me off....I ask him, "How the hell did yu not "replicate" it? Its a loud ass fookin clunk? Go drive over a slight road imperfection or road bump @ 45mph and you'll "replicate" it!!"

I figured out instantly what caused the carbon, my wife starts her car every morning before leavng for work (45min each way) and this coupled with it happening for "a while" before she told me is the reason for it all. Probably initially fouled a plug and she drove it too long on a lean condition thus the buildup. Lucky she didn't pop a hole in a piston or something elsem oh well though, now I get a rebuilt shortblock @ 55k miles so I'm not in a rage, just amazed at how stupid he is and how stupid he thinks I am!!

/end novel/rant lol
    So you think her letting it idle caused this or it started going lean for some reason and just continued to run it lean?

55k damn!
    2011 Mustang Gt 5.0 Auto - Houston Stock

09 PSM G8 GT - Loved but sold
    92 Mustang GT H/C/I boltons - garage ornament

Post Thanks / Like

What is going on with this thread? I get an error message trying to get to page 2.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer Leader View Post
    What is going on with this thread? I get an error message trying to get to page 2.
    There is no page 2..

Or at least not for me. Increase the number of posts you see at once in the User CP.

Oh, and sorry 'bout the bad luck... Haven't had any issues with my dealer. They see the mods on my car and never utter a word about them.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

i have been through 5 dealers with almost all of them giving me nightmares until the one i use now and the servive managers are awesome!!!! no problems,had the lca's done in one day,and they even gave me a free ride on my last FREE oil change without any extra charge for the mobil one over regular oil...

sorry to hear all the negative shit that happened to you,but i thought i would share that there are humans out there at dealers,you just have to search for 7 or 8 years like i did to find them.

oh,and fuck you whoever gets to go to wicked mom! lucky SOB!
    its not how shiny it is or how fast it is,its how you drive it!
    GT,prem,sport pkgs
    hood deflector
    GXP diffuser
    smoked corner and tail signals
    trunk mat
    kicker subs-sony amp(custom well ecl.-me build!)
    Infinity 2way doors
    MTX re-q (for subs)
    35% tint all around
    red LED's under dash + seats
    Vararam & HSRK
    Kaltech custom 93 tune
    Solo axlebacks
    333RWHP/340RWTQ (mustang dyno)

Post Thanks / Like

Ain't it the truth.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah so my UDP was apparently not installed correctly, or has a manufacturing defect... or well there is something f'd up about it...

It shredded one rib of the belt and that did some damge to surrounding systems...

Installer (who I bought the part from) refused to warranty it...

Once I explained that it was the OE belt, the service manager agreed to cover the belt and half the damage...

seems more than fair, no?
    11 Mopar 11 Charger

11 Ram 1500 White Crewcab Hemi 4x4 Sport TRADED

10 F150 Raptor Black 5.4 Supercab TRADED

09 GT Black Premium Sport TRADED

Mods: Livernois Stage I Kit with ported intake and TB, Livernois Tune, New Era OTR CAI, UDP, Kooks 1 7/8 catted LT, GXP Front end conversion, GXP mufflers, GXP rear diffuser, VMR VB3 19x9.5, Nitto Invo 275s, TMA 3202, 2 JL Audio 12"s, Limo tint.

Upcoming Mods: GXP brake conversion, DBA rotors, Hawk pads, BMR Subframe Connectors and Trailing Arms, Pedders XA Street system, It is good to have a plan.

08 GT Black Premium Sport RIP
    2 JL Audio 12"s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GT-610 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzer Leader View Post
    Ain't it the truth.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT / Premium Package / Stealth Blue Metallic
    SHOW: Tint / "Pontiac" & "GM" badge delete / "V8 6.0 Litre" Oz badges / Reflective Concepts Arrowhead Overlays / IWM w/ Blue Display
    & GO:Vararam OTR "Baby SuperCharger" / VMS ECM/TCM Tune + HSRK / Corsa Cat-Back

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 / Special Edition / Plum Crazy Pearl Gone but not forgotten

2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8 / Special Edition / Plum Crazy Pearl