Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great Lakes drag way

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be leaving work in Milwaukee at around 5pm. I have a feeling GLD is going to be a zoo. I'm also going to pick up a new helmet tomorrow morning in Milwaukee. I'm pretty sure the helmet I've rented was an old motorcycle helmet and their website doesn't say anything about SA2005 or anything else.

Andy
    2009 G8 GT, TVS2300, etc

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah with nice weather I'm sure it'll be packed. I don't think they are concerned what kind of helmet you have, as long as it's in good shape that's all that matters.

Franksville, WI summer, Elizabethtown, PA winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by realsquash View Post
    I will be leaving work in Milwaukee at around 5pm. I have a feeling GLD is going to be a zoo. I'm also going to pick up a new helmet tomorrow morning in Milwaukee. I'm pretty sure the helmet I've rented was an old motorcycle helmet and their website doesn't say anything about SA2005 or anything else.

Andy
    Just stop by sportland 2. They are just off the Rawson Rd exit of 94. They usually have a large selection of helmets. They are motorcycle helmets but you should not have a problem with them.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to try Pegasus Racing in New Berlin today for a helmet. But I'm not racing tonight because I woke up with a flat tire! There is a huge screw right between the tread blocks so I don't know if it can even be fixed.

Andy
    2009 G8 GT, TVS2300, etc

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure it can be fixed, you can plug it or patch it as long as it's not in the sidewall. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain, so today is the day to go.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I took the truck to work and the tire can't get patched up until tonight after work... I'm just going to give up hope for racing this weekend. My blower shipped and I have brakes to install so I might as well get to tearing it apart!

Andy
    2009 G8 GT, TVS2300, etc

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

616 of 933 are you going to the track tonite?

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I will not make it. Feel like crap.
    GTO spares and jack kit 200 OBO
    rear 17x9.5 rims 200 OBO

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok no problem, maybe we can go another time. Next friday is out though, I'm going to see the Cardinals beat up the Brewers at Miller Park.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey folks, did anyone make it to GLD for opening weekend? I have given up trying to go opening weekend, because it is usually a zoo. Tons of cars, long lines, poor traction, and lots of waits for oildowns and broken cars. I have arranged my schedule to go for the first time on Wednesday April 14, and then possibly again on Wednesday April 21. Any chance any of you might make those dates? I hope to see some other G8s there!
    Joe Morgan, G8 GXP Registry Organizer, G.O.N.E. Organizer
    2009.5 G8 GXP WH 6M onyx/red no roof 12.921 @ 108.89 BONE STOCK! (then), (now) 12.344 @ 110.92 with 1.688 60' at 766' DA, PB with new cam & tune 12.191 @ 112.35, 2:59 Second Lap Time Road America (Goodyear RS-As & Hawk HP Plus pads with stock rotors), 143.1298 mph NoFlyZoneMidwest 2017 1/2 mile into 20 mph headwind. RACECAR NOW RETIRED. All of these are final PBs.

VCM OTR CAI, HSRK, Heater Hose Relocate, custom street/dyno tune by oldskoolgp, Comp Cams 224/228 .581"/.588" 112 LSA cam, LS7 lifters, PAC 1219x springs, Monster LT1S (C7 Corvette) Clutch kit, Katech C6 Hvy Dty Master & Slave Cylinders, Camaro 1LE Diff with 3.91 gears, Kooks LTHs, Solo Hi-Flo Cats & Connector Pipes, Solo Mach Balanced Catback, BMR Toe Rods, Trailing Arms, Cradle & Diff Poly Bushings, 2017 Chevy SS front & rear Brembo calipers and rotors.