Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 25W HID Fogs will MELT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rez0nance View Post
    Damn Rican, I thought your melting was being caused by the bulb popping out... Now you're saying it's still an issue even after you got the bulb in the right way?

Is anyone experiencing any melting with 3k?
    Yes your correct that was round 2 of bulbs. Sequence of events

Round 1 35 watt 6k - FTL
    Round 2 25 watt 6k - bulbs not plugged in perfect FTL
    Round 3 25 watt 6k - blubs plugged in perfect still seeing some slow melting FTL

www.facebook.com/rican219
    2006 Honda CBR F4i
    2008 G8 GT
    Vararam, SLP 160 Therm, JBA Long Tubes, Solo Performance Mach Shorty with Modified Kooks Mid Pipe W/Highflow Cats, Spartan Performance Custom Cam and Tune, Ported Throttle Body, Circle D Stall, AI Ported and Polished Heads, Eibach Springs, KMC775 - 20x10 and 20x8.5, CTS-V Brake Conversion, G8 Murdered Out

A Spartan Performance Creation

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vert View Post
    Thanks Chris,
    I forgot to place tags when I made the thread.
    Sorted!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Does the 3K run cooler than the 6K? Or is that all just based on the wattage of the ballast?
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Magnetic Grey Metallic - 12.243@115.81 (10/06/2012) (SOLD - Dec. 05, 2013)
    [COLOR="#000000"]
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero - Carbon Flash Metallic: (SOLD - March. 10, 2015)

[B][COLOR="#000000"]

2015 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 4x4 - Deep Ocean Blue Metallic: E85 conversion, Texas Speed LT Headers, Borla Muffler, Airraid MIT, Tuned & Converted by CJTunes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The color of the bulb has nothing to do with how hot it is, the wattage of the ballasts determines that.

Post Thanks / Like

dam..this sucks..I just got my 5,000k fogs and low beams in..I will let you guys know how mine hold up..
    Joel's 2008 liquid red g8 gt 888
    show mods: debadged except pontiac logo, 15% tint. gxp diffuser,5,000k hids and fogs. eibachs
    Performance mods: vararam, kooks LT 1 7/8 headers and full exhaust system w/ gen 2 mufflers. Ported TB, billet prototypes catch can, FTI 3200 stall, ported and polished heads, livernois stage 1 224/230,powerbond UD pulley, tuned by PM-FL.
    441rwhp/412rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdeserio View Post
    dam..this sucks..I just got my 5,000k fogs and low beams in..I will let you guys know how mine hold up..
    You will be fine with the low beams since I have been running 55W lows for over a year and no issues.
    2008 MGM GT. Patrick G spec'd 222/226 .597”/.605” 115LSA +3 cam, Ported TB, Ported Manifold, 25% PB UDP, 180* Tstat, Vararam w/HSRK, Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers, X w/cats and muffs, GXP Diffuser, B Splitter, 6000K HID's, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side,Rear Markers and Tails, 15% Window Tint, Blackedout Chrome, Ghost Stripes, G2 Red Calipers

Appreciative Member confused2much's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vert View Post
    You will be fine with the low beams since I have been running 55W lows for over a year and no issues.
    As have I.

Too bad about the fogs....glad I waited to buy them....

2009 MGM G8 GT - Premium Package, Aftermarket Moonroof, 19" Rims W/Summer Tires

Current Mods: NEP CAI, 20% Tint, 55W 6000K HID's, Debadged

Post Thanks / Like

Allegedly, these use the same housings as ford and in a Shelby forum I read that there's a sticker above the bulb that covers holes that are needed for venting. Their hid supplierfound if you removed said sticker, you were ok with 35w ballasts so I'd imagine 25 would be fine. It seems possible to me because so many people run 35 and are fine. The heat should be nearly identical with the stock bulb. Can I ask where everybody got their kits that have been melting? To my knowledge, there are only 3 places that carry them with the 5202 and they all get them from the same place.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 different ballasts one I believe I have ordered from you guys and the one that is currently running on my car. Let me look at the housings tonight cause I believe that hole you are speaking is covered up on mine. I will double check in fact I think I even posted up pics hang tight.
    Last edited by Rican219; 03-18-2010 at 10:36 AM.

2006 Honda CBR F4i
    2008 G8 GT
    Vararam, SLP 160 Therm, JBA Long Tubes, Solo Performance Mach Shorty with Modified Kooks Mid Pipe W/Highflow Cats, Spartan Performance Custom Cam and Tune, Ported Throttle Body, Circle D Stall, AI Ported and Polished Heads, Eibach Springs, KMC775 - 20x10 and 20x8.5, CTS-V Brake Conversion, G8 Murdered Out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sales@spencershids.com View Post
    Allegedly, these use the same housings as ford and in a Shelby forum I read that there's a sticker above the bulb that covers holes that are needed for venting. Their hid supplierfound if you removed said sticker, you were ok with 35w ballasts so I'd imagine 25 would be fine. It seems possible to me because so many people run 35 and are fine. The heat should be nearly identical with the stock bulb. Can I ask where everybody got their kits that have been melting? To my knowledge, there are only 3 places that carry them with the 5202 and they all get them from the same place.
    Are you speaking about this Black Cover that maybe a sticker?

These pics are from the thread about making sure the bulbs line up correctly when installing them my Round number 2 issue. In the second pic that shows the melted bulb if you look close you can see the hole you are referring to. I can look at it closer tonight and see if the black circle is a sticker.

We will solve this mystery once in for all LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rican219; 03-18-2010 at 10:36 AM.

2006 Honda CBR F4i
    2008 G8 GT