Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MSD Spark plug wires

Post Thanks / Like

Default MSD Spark plug wires

SOOO in anticipation of my headers, I want to get a set of the MSD wires. I guess the stock wires will not clear the headers completely on one side.

I called Hawaii racing (my local speed shop) and they told me that the 6.0L corvette and GTO wires will work ok on the G8. I got part number 32813.
    Just curious if this is the same number that others have used.
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at the JBA wires Wretched sells. They will work with the factory spark plug boot metal shields and fit like the factory wires. I just put a set on my car.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

What??? Why wont the stocks clear?

edit I thought you got LTs
    Retiring as the undefeated Cam only Record Holder 11.454@120

Come and get the title bitches it's up for grabs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    Look at the JBA wires Wretched sells. They will work with the factory spark plug boot metal shields and fit like the factory wires. I just put a set on my car.
    I dont see those for the G, only the camaro. Are they the same (I dont know why they wouldnt be)
    The MSD wires I can get are 60.00 bux and in stock locally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilish34 View Post
    What??? Why wont the stocks clear?

edit I thought you got LTs
    Nope, Mids... trying to at least look legal. I guess the 1 3/4s will clear fine, but the 1 7/8th just barely touch. I dont have the headers yet, so I am trying to make for a smooth install...
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

Post Thanks / Like

My son has a set of MSD wires that he never put on his GTO. I was thinking about sticking them on my car. Are you saying they won't fit the metal shields ?? Are the shields needed ??
    -----------------------
    11.350 @ 118.66 / 1.57 60ft [300 DA]

RPM tune, PatG cam, FAST 102, L92 heads ported by Greg Good, Kooks 1 7/8 headers,
    RotoFab 102mm CAI, LS3 maf, UDP, JBA wires, Meziere water pump, SJM linelock,
    Circle D 3600, 3.27 diff with Truetrac, GForce HD axles, Pedders bushings, Spohn trailing arms,
    Camaro rims on the street & CCWs at the track....... SOLD

Looking for a 00-02 Camaro SS with A4

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing. I have 1 7/8 ARH and they are not even close to the headers.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing. I have 1 7/8 ARH and they are not even close to the headers.
    arent the mid length tubes more squished together than LTs?
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edmanet View Post
    My son has a set of MSD wires that he never put on his GTO. I was thinking about sticking them on my car. Are you saying they won't fit the metal shields ?? Are the shields needed ??
    They don't fit the shields correctly. I like using the shields when possible as it prolongs the boot life.

Post Thanks / Like

My stock wires fit fine, there is one on the passenger side, the second one back that touched, I just squeezed the shield a little to clear. Also the MSDs seem like they pull to tight, has something to do with the angle of the spark plug boot or the length of the wire. I'm looking for a set and would not recommend the MSD, I'm not saying they will not fit, just do not like how tight they fit. I'd go with the ones Charlie mentioned.
    Last edited by BigV8; 03-10-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois magnacharger 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab,Corsa, Kooks 1 7/8 mids. 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR , Pedders Supercar coilovers, all Brembos. Show:CTS-V rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. HSV triple gauges & CP smokers pack RIP Charlie.

Post Thanks / Like

Can I run stock wires for a little while? If there is contact maybe some header wrap so I can order the wretched ones?

I went and looked at the msd wires and they are with flexable boots... Made for the 6L GTO and vette.... They asked if LS3 heads were taller...
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**