Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I need snow tires now!

Post Thanks / Like

It got better after I left the customer. I was east of the lake. As soon as I got South, it warmed up. I did miss a left hand turn. Car went straight when I tried to stop.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my X-Ice 2's today, $1300(cnd) for tires and install... God 18" winters suck!!

Still worth it if it keeps me out of trouble
    http://forum.grrrr8.net/signaturepics/sigpic219_1.gif
    2009 Phantom Metallic G8 GTS
    Appearance;HSV Fenders | HSV GTS Spoiler | GXP Bumper | GXP Diffuser | HSV Triple Gauges with Dash/Console conversion(First in North America) | HSV GTS Sport Steering Wheel | 20% tint | 6.0 Litre V8 Badges | Blacked out Window & Grill Chrome| V6 door handles | Tinted Tails/Front Side Markers
    Performance; Tuned | Roto Fab CAI | SLP Long tube Headers & PowerFlow axlebacks | Xpipe | DOD Delete | GTO LS2 Cam | Forged Rods & Pistons
    Handling; XA Coilovers | BMR Swaybars | "EXTREMEContact" tires
    Coming soon; Boost!

12.9199 @ 106mph <old setup, before DOD delete/GTO cam/Forging

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What is this "snow" stuff you speak of ?

Post Thanks / Like

A Witches Brew!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just ordered my wheels for the winter. After talking to Kyle at Tire Rack he made it clear to me that smaller really is better so I ordered some 17x8" wheels and some 225/55/17 WS-60 Blizzak's to go on them.

The outside diameter is the same as the stockers but these things will look goofy as all get out on this thing... 17" wheels instead of my stock 19" wheels? LOL

Here's the wheels http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...r=&qty_front=4

I actually like the design. Understated but nice. Much like the stockers which I like too.

Kyle said the WS-60 was rated number one by them and said they out performed the studded tires. I've never had winter tires so I am looking forward to trying them out. He said these are the shiz nits!

Oh and I went without the TPMS on them. 288 bucks is NUTS! I will live with the stupid light! 1078.59 was the total delivered to my door and I will install them meself!

Cheers,
    Chris

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't need snow tires now as it's going to be 74 this week. LOL
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    I don't need snow tires now as it's going to be 74 this week. LOL
    Same here but that will be dropping on Friday to the 40's. It won't be long until I need the snows on it.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Q: Do the prices jump at the first sign of a snowflake ?

Post Thanks / Like

LOL
    No, everyone goes to the store and empties it of milk, bread, eggs, beer. Being from Calif. I wasn't prepared for this. I had to get milk at the gas station. LOL!
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Post Thanks / Like

Snow tyre prices don't jump ?
    The price of fuel jumps here as soon as the first little old lady in Canada turns on her house heater.