Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Holden fix for A/C belt throwing

Post Thanks / Like

Is the clutch engaging on the compressor? If it is, compressor might be bad, otherwise have the freon level checked.
    Matt Jones
    2009 WH G8 GT Vararam/Kooks LT's/Corsa/BLP Probationary LL 219/223 .612/.615 112LSA/3.45s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    Is the clutch engaging on the compressor? If it is, compressor might be bad, otherwise have the freon level checked.
    These compressors don't have clutches. They're variable displacement.
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desertg8 View Post
    My tensioner is super weak on my ls3 416. It kept throwing the belt and now the belt is gone. It obviously got cut. Would a new a.c. tensioner work from you? The dealer will not fix because of the underdrive pulley.

What parts do I need? It is hot here in Tucson.
    Put one from Paul on my 418 and not had a problem since! YAY!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

4. Likes Crazy Paul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Question: Is this TSB applicable to have the bracket replaced under warranty on a 63,000 mile vehicle? Considered part of the powertrain?
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desertg8 View Post
    My tensioner is super weak on my ls3 416. It kept throwing the belt and now the belt is gone. It obviously got cut. Would a new a.c. tensioner work from you? The dealer will not fix because of the underdrive pulley.

What parts do I need? It is hot here in Tucson.
    You should buy this. I've had it on my blown LS3 for over 3 years and it's worked flawlessly. In the 3 years I had the stock pulley, I threw the AC belt constantly, especially after adding the Maggie.
    09.5 LR G8 GXP A6
    For mods list, honk 3 times.

7. Likes Crazy Paul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Done. Guys, if you are about to take this on please consider obtaining the three tools in the picture. You can do it without them, but it is SO NICE and easy with these three. Glad I made myself buy them when I didn't need them for the day that I would need them and not have them. 48 miles to Harbor Freight from here, so I planned ahead. And if you have them, 6-point sockets. 12-point sockets just don't have enough bearing surface to safely work in confined quarters like this without possibly round off the bolt head.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

9. Thanks STL_G8GT thanked for this post
    Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you still have any of these brackets and the belt that goes with it?

Post Thanks / Like

Crazy Paul retired long ago. You might try some other vendors. The parts can be hard to find.
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thank you. I found some, but they're pretty expensive