Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Holden fix for A/C belt throwing

Post Thanks / Like

I know where to go if I see this problem come up!
    2008 PBM G8GT, TVS1900, Rick Crawford blower cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Corsa Cat-back, CHenry Tuned, RotoFab, BP Catch Can, Pedders Lowered Touring Suspension w/ sway bars, CTS-V wheels, Brembos front/rear, in-dash GPS/Bluetooth, de-chromed

Post Thanks / Like

Threw mine last night. And I'm not supercharged or cammed...
    Bryan---PBM '08 G8 GT
    Rotofab CAI...Kooks 1 7/8 LTH...3" X pipe...Magnaflow axle backs...GRRRR8 Heater hose relocate...Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3... Circle D 3200 stall... tuned by Redline... Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS SLIHR Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo perfomance axle backs... Rotofab Intake... Mobile attractions front splitter

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine flew off as well. I popped the hood and saw it sitting there on the cross member. Thought it was kinda weird. But hasnt come off since.
    2008 G8 GT
    TSP Forged LS3- D1-221/232 RCR Cam-Ported L92's-Yank2800 Triple Disc-Squash-ID850-Coolingmist Meth Injection-Demon8 Designs-Aerofoce-BMR-BC Racing-Brembos-Kooks-Solo 3in-Derale atomic super cooler-ace performance built 6l80
    Rick Crawford Tuned
    663/596 Rwhp rwtq for now....
    10.87 at 133 1.59 60ft

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, got the belt back on, started it and it looks like the belt wants to ride to front edge of tensioner..... Hmmm. Is the problem in the harmonic balancer possibly? Gotta drive it and see if it stays put
    Bryan---PBM '08 G8 GT
    Rotofab CAI...Kooks 1 7/8 LTH...3" X pipe...Magnaflow axle backs...GRRRR8 Heater hose relocate...Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3... Circle D 3200 stall... tuned by Redline... Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS SLIHR Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo perfomance axle backs... Rotofab Intake... Mobile attractions front splitter

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so took it to the dealership after it came off again. The tensioner is bad, which in turn screwed up the A/C belt, which took a chunk out of the main serpentine belt which flung a cord off the edge and ate into the coolant hose going to the water pump and leaked..

Good news-they are replacing the tensioner, the A/c belt, the main serpentine belt and the water pump hose under warranty.
    Bad news- the parts won't be in until Monday...so
    Good news- They gave a sporty 4 banger HHR rental for free! (LOL I'm taking all races in the HHR)

I even mentioned the parts Crazy Paul has listed here(had part #'s in hand) as a solution but they said they'd use the OEM replacements. Ha!
    Bryan---PBM '08 G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

My car threw the a/c belt once, on start up. I put it back on and hasnt come off. Been about 2-3 months now.....weird.
    ________________ _
    '08 G8... Panther Black
    Premium & Sport Pkg.- 7/08

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The previous A/C Belt throwing fix has been revised. No more Deal 45....It's now Deal 45R. Better value for Money !!!!
    It's not on my website, but here's the link to DEAL 45R http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=24830

The new bracket with new idler and a complete new tensioner on the left (Deal45R) , Previous fix on the right was a new bracket and new idler only (Deal 45).
    You previously had to re-use your old A/C tensioner or buy a new A/C tensioner seperately for an extra $80+.

New [Deal 45R] A/C Bracket assembly is much greater value for money.

Last edited by Crazy Paul; 05-03-2011 at 12:17 AM.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

Deal 45R
    Here's the latest A/C Bracket which includes a new idler and a complete new tensioner.

Crazy Paul

Post Thanks / Like

So if my car is an 08, I can not get this bracket and belt? I used to throw the belt when I first got the car so I replaced the pulley and bracket that I needed. Was good for a couple years or so and now its throwing it again
    2008 NA G8 GT

1/4 mile = 10.93 @ 123
    60' = 1.47
    DA = 500

Naturally Aspirated-230/242 Cam-.030 Milled Heads-Valve Job-New Era Performance ECM/TCM tune-New Era Performance Ported Throttle Body-Vararam CAI-Rick Crawford Modified Intake Manifold-VMS HSRK-UD Pulley-MSD Plugs-4" MAF-Ram Air Plate-Circle D Triple Disk 4000-4200 245mm Converter-3.45 gears-1 7/8 American Racing Headers-Magnaflow mid muffler-SLP Lowering Springs in Rear-M&H Skinnies-Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials 295/45/17-Dark Star Rims

- ARANGO AUTOMOTIVE & TOWING SERVICES, WEBSTER NY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyG2132 View Post
    So if my car is an 08, I can not get this bracket and belt?
    I don't understand how you drew this conclusion.
    The bracket with idler (Deal 45...now no longer available) & the newer bracket with new idler and new tensioner (Deal 45R) will fit all V8 G8's
    The bracket with idler mod is now fitted as standard equipment on all 2010+ Holden V8 cars
    Crazy Paul