Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Holden fix for A/C belt throwing

Post Thanks / Like

FYI - The shop I used charged 1.25hrs labor for the swap. So if you don't want to get frusterated with the install and have an extra $100, just have a shop do it.

Thank CP, can't wait to test her our and see that the AC belt will still be on!
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Magnetic Grey Metallic - 12.243@115.81 (10/06/2012) (SOLD - Dec. 05, 2013)
    [COLOR="#000000"]
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero - Carbon Flash Metallic: (SOLD - March. 10, 2015)

[B][COLOR="#000000"]

2015 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 4x4 - Deep Ocean Blue Metallic: E85 conversion, Texas Speed LT Headers, Borla Muffler, Airraid MIT, Tuned & Converted by CJTunes.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a little bit of a pain. I have done well until I get to the recessed bolt behind the compressor. Any tips for getting at this one? Thanks for any advice or tips.
    219/223 .625 .625 112, 11.78 @ 119, 440/421, Crawford heads, tb, intake. Kooks 1 3/4 lts and solo Mach balance catted with added Solo resonators, VCM, 3.45's, stock stall.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    i just installed my new bracket pulley set from Crazy Paul

it only took about 3 hours. a complete pain, but now i can go WOT without worrying about having to sweat afterwards

thanks Paul
    Tried it once - could not the %$##$%^&^%$ off. Perhaps I need shallow swivel sockets to give me room. I had her up on jacks and was working from "through" the wheel well.
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rawyzf View Post
    FYI - The shop I used charged 1.25hrs labor for the swap. So if you don't want to get frusterated with the install and have an extra $100, just have a shop do it.

Thank CP, can't wait to test her our and see that the AC belt will still be on!
    That's it? 1.25 hours of labor? Damn! That is great!
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Post Thanks / Like

I've only tossed my belt once with the stock bracket, but this is still a great deal from Paul. I checked my cost on the new bracket and it is more than Pauls shipped price.
    Keep the great work and prices Paul!
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtp6515 View Post
    This is a little bit of a pain. I have done well until I get to the recessed bolt behind the compressor. Any tips for getting at this one? Thanks for any advice or tips.
    Try this thread for tips.
    ForumVendors-=Crazy Paul's Holden Parts=-NEW Improved Holden A/C Belt Throwing Fix.
    http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=24830
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TA427 View Post
    [QUOTESome folks are saying there's a TSB but I've never seen it posted anywhere. I don't have access to GM TSB's.
    Only fitting time feedback I've had is with un-blown engines, 1Hr on a hoist.....4Hrs in a driveway.
    Some of that will depend on skill level and size of hands 2009 Pontiac G8 | G8 Service Manual | Document ID: 2762265
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#PIP4750E: Belt Squeak Noise And/Or Crankshaft Balancer Appears To Wobble - (Feb 10, 2012)
    Subject: Belt Squeak Noise and/or Crankshaft Balancer Appears to Wobble

Models: 2010-2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS

2011-2012 Chevrolet Caprice

2009-2012 Chevrolet Corvette

2008-2009 Pontiac G8

with 6.0L 6.2L Engine (RPOs L76 L77 L99, LS3, or LS7)

Quote Originally Posted by HSV-GTS-300 View Post
    Nope that's not it.
    We're looking for belt throwing & it will not apply to Camaro, 2011-2012 Caprice, or Corvette,
    There is a newer/different one that just came out in October ( I think it was October.)
    I don't have access to it anymore, but it was directly related to an upgraded tensioner. Strangely enough, I believe the Caprice was also listed, Possibly in error. Don't recall whether it listed the Camaro or not...

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by courtroom19 View Post
    There is a newer/different one that just came out in October ( I think it was October.)
    I don't have access to it anymore, but it was directly related to an upgraded tensioner. Strangely enough, I believe the Caprice was also listed, Possibly in error. Don't recall whether it listed the Camaro or not...
    Caprice would be in error. Although it's a WM and not a VE, Caprice built after November 2009 would have the upgrade installed.
    "All VE V8's from 6G1EP4EH2AL419681 19/11/09 production on incorporate this fix."

You can search bulletins by date or keyword (G8, belt, bracket, 92244381,92244378,92252927)
    here or here:
    http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/
    http://www.archivedsites.com/techlink/

October 2012 : http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/wp-co...ink-2012-F.pdf
    Last edited by Crazy Paul; 12-03-2012 at 10:21 PM.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

My G8 GT is in the shop right now because of throwing the A/C belt, which came off I suspect because of the harmonic balancer wobbling. I had to get my car towed because once I turned it off after the problem occurred and then tried to start it again, the car system diagnostics went through every alarm it could and left me with a big red X and a "Contact Dealer" message. The car entered a security lockout and wouldn't even give me my key back.
    I can't wait to hear their diagnostic and the subsequent estimate... I really hope this is part of the 100k mile powertrain warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstron View Post
    My G8 GT is in the shop right now because of throwing the A/C belt, which came off I suspect because of the harmonic balancer wobbling. I had to get my car towed because once I turned it off after the problem occurred and then tried to start it again, the car system diagnostics went through every alarm it could and left me with a big red X and a "Contact Dealer" message. The car entered a security lockout and wouldn't even give me my key back.
    I can't wait to hear their diagnostic and the subsequent estimate... I really hope this is part of the 100k mile powertrain warranty.
    It's not part of the power train warranty. Some dealers have fixed it for free, but most will not. Buy the fix or it will happen again one day
    Good luck!
    ** I was only referring to the AC belt, not the balancer.
    09.5 LR G8 GXP A6
    For mods list, honk 3 times.