Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HSRK Install

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The factory intake air temp sensor is located in the Mass Air Flow meter. Its location makes it prone to heat soak which causes false readings and a loss of power. By installing this kit, the sensor has a faster response rate and allows the ECM to see the true temp and timing loss is all but eliminated. This is the correct location for Roto-Fab. The sensor should be mounted as close to the filter or in filter neck on most air intake systems. Approx. time .5 hrs. Necessary tools: Cordless Drill and stepper drill bit. A grommet is required for install unless mounting in filter neck. GM Part # 24504388.

2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

I have mine in the factory air box, near where the elbow enters that square box just before the throttle body. I guess that is a silencer of some sort. Used a step drill and a grommet and went in fine and is held tight by itself. Have you (GRRRR8) posted any pictures of the stock air box modifications you made prior to your other CAI? I would like to increase air flow but retain the stock box.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No pics but cut the bottom off the factory box where it goes in fender and do the lower panel mod. With a drop in filter it is a nice gain. Move the HSRK before the mass air for cooler air and best gain.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Any pics of the NEP one from anyone? Would like to know if I need the grommet.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4gasem View Post
    Any pics of the NEP one from anyone? Would like to know if I need the grommet.
    No, you would install it in the filter itself. I think G8 Ray has pics.

ETA:

Last edited by GeorgeInNePa; 08-19-2008 at 08:54 AM.
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I thunk! Cheers M8!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep! That was mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    The factory intake air temp sensor is located in the Mass Air Flow meter. Its location makes it prone to heat soak which causes false readings and a loss of power. By installing this kit, the sensor has a faster response rate and allows the ECM to see the true temp and timing loss is all but eliminated. This is the correct location for Roto-Fab. The sensor should be mounted as close to the filter or in filter neck on most air intake systems. Approx. time .5 hrs. Necessary tools: Cordless Drill and stepper drill bit. A grommet is required for install unless mounting in filter neck. GM Part # 24504388.

Just got the Roto installed. Noticed the HSRK is installed on the engine side of the filter. Can it be placed on the front side of the filter and would that not be a little cooler location than the engine side?

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose it could, might make a slight difference but installing it would be much more of a PITA. I wouldn't want to run the wires over the air box/hood seal....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa View Post
    No, you would install it in the filter itself. I think G8 Ray has pics.

ETA:

Mike at New Era still stands by putting the HSRK into the bottom of the K&N Filter of his CAI, but the VMS HSRK wasn't long enough to do that. But it did make a "tested" difference putting it where I did as opposed to the stock one.
    FORMER OWNER 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    IOM, 20% Tint, 19" Zinik Z27 Sofins, American Racing Header 1 7/8System, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, 160 Deg. Thermostat,Ported Throttle Body, VARARAM OTR Intake, Livernois Motorsports Tune and Ported Intake. Mobile 1 M1113 Oil Filter, Royal Purple 5W-30, New Era Performance Non DOD 228/240 Cam, Pypes Violators, BMR Trailing Arms and Toe Rods, GXP Front Bumper and Rear Diffuser, Yank 3200 Eibach Pro Series Springs, SJM Line Lock 426 HP and 390 Torque. 1/4 Mile 12.0910 @ 116.53 MPH Coming Someday: Magnacharger.
    LIVERNOIS
    New Era Performance
    http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...gger_name2.jpg