Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HSRK Install

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa View Post
    No, you would install it in the filter itself. I think G8 Ray has pics.

ETA:

Mike at New Era still stands by putting the HSRK into the bottom of the K&N Filter of his CAI, but the VMS HSRK wasn't long enough to do that. But it did make a "tested" difference putting it where I did as opposed to the stock one.

FORMER OWNER 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    IOM, 20% Tint, 19" Zinik Z27 Sofins, American Racing Header 1 7/8System, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, 160 Deg. Thermostat,Ported Throttle Body, VARARAM OTR Intake, Livernois Motorsports Tune and Ported Intake. Mobile 1 M1113 Oil Filter, Royal Purple 5W-30, New Era Performance Non DOD 228/240 Cam, Pypes Violators, BMR Trailing Arms and Toe Rods, GXP Front Bumper and Rear Diffuser, Yank 3200 Eibach Pro Series Springs, SJM Line Lock 426 HP and 390 Torque. 1/4 Mile 12.0910 @ 116.53 MPH Coming Someday: Magnacharger.
    LIVERNOIS
    New Era Performance
    http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...gger_name2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

With the RF though its not as easy to install it at that point due to the airbox. You have to either run the wires over the seal or cut through the airbox itself to get the sensor into the box. Won't look as clean and could compromise the seal I think. Of course how good the seal actually is is debatable too I guess, quite possibly running the wires over it wouldn't matter.

Post Thanks / Like

could'nt of you just extended the wire down to the bottom of the filter? or is there something in the way?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghouse1803 View Post
    could'nt of you just extended the wire down to the bottom of the filter? or is there something in the way?
    Top of filter will be faster moving air, therefore cooler I believe.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It should be as close to filter neck as possible. Both pics show best location. I had it in the lower triangle too. 1 degree difference.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished the HSRK install. Put it in the same place as GRRRR8, only on almost diametrically opposite side. Maybe 120* rotated to the front. Just routed the wiring underneath the inlet and tie wrapped them to the washer fluid neck. I also used the GM grommet that has been talked about. But, the side that is outboard of the CAI tube had to be shaved some as it was much too thick. I think I took an 1/8" off. The groove for the air filter flange was exactly the right width. It sits inside the tube tightly. These are stout grommets. The only problem is I had to buy 5 as they only come in packages of 5 (at least at my dealer).

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The dealer screwed up! He is supposed to open the pack and sell you 1.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    The dealer screwed up! He is supposed to open the pack and sell you 1.
    They were special order. I guess the rules change when that happens. Doesn't matter, they work good, when you thin out the outer flange to allow the sensor to extend deep into the air flow.

Tomorrow is the lower panel cut out.

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8GTlawride View Post
    They were special order. I guess the rules change when that happens. Doesn't matter, they work good, when you thin out the outer flange to allow the sensor to extend deep into the air flow.

Tomorrow is the lower panel cut out.
    If you use a utility knife, you too can be a "plastic cuttin' badass!".
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa View Post
    If you use a utility knife, you too can be a "plastic cuttin' badass!".
    So thats what that means!