Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rear diffuser cutout for trailer hitch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMike View Post
    Opinion noted. Let us know if you like broccoli or not because someone might stop eating it if you dont like it. Now for everyone else who would like to tow without buying a truck, carry on:
    Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Vararam CAI w/ HSRK, Stage 1 Ported Throttle Body/Intake Manifold, and a Mike Norris Catch Can

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMike View Post
    Opinion noted. Let us know if you like broccoli or not because someone might stop eating it if you dont like it. Now for everyone else who would like to tow without buying a truck, carry on:
    Since the OP asked for opinions, it would seem pertinent. And I do not like broccoli. The OP actually did not say he even wanted to tow...just remove the cutout for the hitch. We just took it there.
    Now for everyone else who wants to remove the cutout where a trailer hitch would go, carry on:
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.

3. Dislikes Bmr4life disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by todds87ss View Post
    Since the OP asked for opinions, it would seem pertinent. And I do not like broccoli. The OP actually did not say he even wanted to tow...just remove the cutout for the hitch. We just took it there.
    Now for everyone else who wants to remove the cutout where a trailer hitch would go, carry on:
    lol...Good One!
    Team G8

Modifications...
    Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake
    Cortex Tune
    V8 6.0 Litre Badge
    Color Matched Headlights
    BE by Breyton Wheels (19x8.5 +45 Front, 19x9.5 +45 Rear)
    Continental ExtremeContact DWS (245/40/19 Front, 275/35/19 Rear)

Coming Soon...
    DOD Delete
    Heads
    Headers
    Cat-Back Exhaust...bought, just needs installing

5. Dislikes Bmr4life disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonnynadeau View Post
    lol...Good One!
    while I do agree with you these "opinion" statements were made after the comment below was posted
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnynadeau View Post
    There is no CAR that should have a hitch, unless it also has a truck bed.
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good, thanks.
    Where did you get the hitch and wiring and what was the cost of the whole package?

Post Thanks / Like

Only way to get a hitch through the diffuser is to have one custom made or shippind from Australia. All the US hitches are class 1 and go under the bumper. There is a wiring kit also sold in Australia, that supposedly clicks into a harness on the passenger side of the trunk and theres a hole to get the wiring down to the hitch. It also disables the OEM parking sensors so they dont beep when you're in reverse.

But I did a quick look for the harness and didnt see it. Also the Australia trailers use a flaty 7 plug, which is useless here in the US. Also, none of us have factory parking sensors. I have aftermarket sensors and dont care if they beep the few times I'll be backing up with a trailer on. So I'm getting a generic hitch wiring setup that draws power from the battery and only senses voltage for each wire (turn brake parking) and takes power from the battery. You cant use a nonpowered harness because when you draw voltage from the turn signals the BCM will not be happy and you could possibly blow the circuit inside it.

I'll be doing a full writeup once my hitch arrives from Australia and its warm enough out to install it.

Post Thanks / Like

the wiring harness from HOLDEN plugs in to the tail light wiring on the RIGHT side of the trunk over the RR wheel well and one ground wire screws to the latch assy its PLUG N PLAY and as for the end it is bare wires and I bought a trailer light converter (turn and separate brake to turn and brake in one) at a local RV centre
    and the tow bar install is basically remove rear bumper cover /inner bumper bar and 2 supports that run inside of car install tow bar where supports came out and bolt in place 4 bolts in trunk floor reinstall Aluminium inner bumper bar having to drill 2 new holes reinstall rear bumper Enjoy!
    and as for cost total was over 1K BUT I needed it QUICKLY and shipping was MORE than 1/2 the cost
    2009 Canadian G8 V6 Premium
    stock for now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richmond2000 View Post
    the wiring harness from HOLDEN plugs in to the tail light wiring on the RIGHT side of the trunk over the RR wheel well and one ground wire screws to the latch assy its PLUG N PLAY and as for the end it is bare wires and I bought a trailer light converter (turn and separate brake to turn and brake in one) at a local RV centre
    and the tow bar install is basically remove rear bumper cover /inner bumper bar and 2 supports that run inside of car install tow bar where supports came out and bolt in place 4 bolts in trunk floor reinstall Aluminium inner bumper bar having to drill 2 new holes reinstall rear bumper Enjoy!
    and as for cost total was over 1K BUT I needed it QUICKLY and shipping was MORE than 1/2 the cost
    Thanks!