Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Pacesetter headers

Post Thanks / Like

The last post made alot of sense..
    We have installed many brands over the yrs, fact is PC isnt the best header on the market but it fits well, makes great power and is priced right

My personal 2006 GTO ran 11.80's@115 with them
    My buddies 2005 GTO ran 11.60's@119 with them

We tested them against some of the big dollar headers and all I will say is this, 4 to 5RW MAX and only at peak...
    This was a back to back test on a 2005 GTO that runs 10.30's@130's

I will agree though, if your in a cold weather climate the bottom portion of the PC headers (COLLECTOR AREA) will rust up.....THEY ARE A VERY GOOD HEADER FOR THE MONEY

Post Thanks / Like

Mine are still going strong....I agree with the above statement......I cannot see spending another $1000 for an extra 10 RWHP. My pockets aren't deep, so I had to go with the less expensive alternative.

Speed costs money. How fast do you wanna go?

Daniel
    My Beaters:

09 White-Hot G8 GT(FOR SALE)
    2011 Ecoboost F150
    2011 Star Stryker

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm, $500 for coated PS, vs. $750 for Kooks/ARH. Not a tremendous price difference. I get it that the PS are cheaper. No questions asked. Just need to compare apples to apples (header to header, not header to entire exhaust prices). I have not done a budget header on an LS motor, so I cannot speak from that experience. I can say that I have not had to lay a wrench on my Kooks since I installed them over a year ago. I have removed and reinstalled the rest of the exhaust to access other work several times. The design of the exhaust makes easy work of this, and is the primary reason I back Kooks when asked about header and exhaust choices. Just my .02.
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had Pacesetter headers on my old Camaro that ran 10.3@ 130 and my old Z28 that ran 11's and they did just fine. They were easy to install and I didnt have any fitment issues. The y-pipe was not the best quality or fitment but I ended up replacing it with duals anyway. That being said the Kooks headers on my G8 are definitely a higher quality. I would say it depends on your budget. If you can afford Kooks or ARH go for it; if not the Pacesetters are a decent option. However I would never consider the uncoated ones as even the high temp coated ones rust after a few years.
    09 Stryker Blue G8 GT 435/405 Full bolt-ons, TSP 229/236 Cam, 3200 stall, Camaro diff, tuned by Frost, Pedders Suspension
    02 SS #510 M6 440/400, 585/592 100 shot Sold
    98 Z28 M6 cam/boltons 395/377 Sold
    73 Z28 Neverending project Soon to have a 454LSX with twin-turbos