Post Thanks / Like

Thread stuck.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow....Great read! Thanks....Have debated this route for strictly track use myself as the wife is bitching about wanting a new car, and not wanting me to continually dump money into Tigger. I guess I will wait and decide after I see where I end up with the changes made over the winter. A good time in the 11's and I will probably be done with mods, and the strip anyways, save changing the rear dif. Still some great info that cleared up a lot of misconceptions and newb questions I had.
    FORMER OWNER 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    IOM, 20% Tint, 19" Zinik Z27 Sofins, American Racing Header 1 7/8System, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, 160 Deg. Thermostat,Ported Throttle Body, VARARAM OTR Intake, Livernois Motorsports Tune and Ported Intake. Mobile 1 M1113 Oil Filter, Royal Purple 5W-30, New Era Performance Non DOD 228/240 Cam, Pypes Violators, BMR Trailing Arms and Toe Rods, GXP Front Bumper and Rear Diffuser, Yank 3200 Eibach Pro Series Springs, SJM Line Lock 426 HP and 390 Torque. 1/4 Mile 12.0910 @ 116.53 MPH Coming Someday: Magnacharger.
    LIVERNOIS
    New Era Performance
    http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...gger_name2.jpg

Beyond Help Robert@KBXPerformance's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waltah View Post
    Robert, what is the ballpark on a safe (75-100 shot) wet kit for the G8 GT. i had a wet system on my 06 si civic that i thought was safe but after reading this write-up....i was riding the edge for sure! glad i sold it, lol

my other question here. wont i lose power when not using nitrous? since we can only run 1 tune?

150 shot will be fine on the G8 as long as you make sure it is getting enough fuel, tuned well for it, and used in a manner where it doesn't load up in the intake manifold before you get allot of airflow moving into the engine. You will lose power when not using nitrous but still using a nitrous tune but it will not be very much unless you like to run a nitrous tune that really retards the heck out of your spark timing. I retarded about 3 degrees from the tune from when I started spraying on up to redline. It didn't really kill much power and at least I knew I could go to kill mode with the flip of two switches in about 5 seconds.

I am glad to see that this post has benefitted some of you guys.
    Last edited by Robert@KBXPerformance; 03-19-2010 at 04:46 PM.
    2003 4.6 XLT Black Explorer, Built, blown, ported, cammed, and on and on...

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Stryker Blue, 402ci Stroker, Twin Turbo's, 230/240 Turbocam, Circle D Built 6L80E, Circle D 3000 Stall, and a few other things...

2005 Charcoal Grey Lincoln LS Sport V8, KBX Custom Turbo system...Sold...

Post Thanks / Like

I have run 125, 150 and 175 wet shot and it works well. The only problem i had with the bigger (125 and 150) shots was on the dyno. Car wanted to jump off the dyno when it hit. My new HP tuner is setup for max motor (no timing pulled) and 2 different NOS settings (125 and 150). Works great to me. Just my .02
    Roto-Fab CAI, 25% UDP, "TR Blower" - 214/230 .601/.579 117 LSA, DOD Delete, Kooks LTH's, Kooks catted x-pipe, Kooks axle-backs, DMH electric cutouts, a little shot (ok, maybe not so little) of happy juice and tune by Tony G. @ HP Performance.

Banned for not playing nice
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxredg8 View Post
    I have run 125, 150 and 175 wet shot and it works well. The only problem i had with the bigger (125 and 150) shots was on the dyno. Car wanted to jump off the dyno when it hit. My new HP tuner is setup for max motor (no timing pulled) and 2 different NOS settings (125 and 150). Works great to me. Just my .02
    What tires are you getting traction with when running the bigger shots?

6. Thanks g8gtnoobie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

on my formula we spray a 100 shot its a cammed ls1 2002 model the way we did it is the high timing table is set to 29 degrees were it did its best for motor and the low table is on like 24 i didn't tune it this way but it works great been spraying that car over 3 years now and it is a beast on that 100 shot with a best of 10.8 @ 129 Mph this might could be done with the G8s to have the best of both worlds ....... we will see what the smarter guys say about it cause i'm no tuner lol
    2009 SBM G8 GT
    2007 Suzuki GSX-R 1000

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm
    Retiring as the undefeated Cam only Record Holder 11.454@120

Come and get the title bitches it's up for grabs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devilish34 View Post
    hmmm
    hmmmm Just do it and be done with it. It'll take a 125-150 with ease. There is one running around by me that has same mods as me minus the blower and it gets the fuck out.
    Can't move out its own way- idk what number motor its on, how much boost, how big of a shot, its starts, im happy.