Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Setup Nitrous on a daily driver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheTugBoat View Post
    couldn't you tune drive for N/A and sport for the bottle?
    I don't think so because the TCM tune is separate from the ECM tune. You can have 2 TCM tunes because of the 2 modes but not 2 engine tunes.

Beyond Help Robert@KBXPerformance's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post
    I don't think so because the TCM tune is separate from the ECM tune. You can have 2 TCM tunes because of the 2 modes but not 2 engine tunes.

bingo.
    2003 4.6 XLT Black Explorer, Built, blown, ported, cammed, and on and on...

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Stryker Blue, 402ci Stroker, Twin Turbo's, 230/240 Turbocam, Circle D Built 6L80E, Circle D 3000 Stall, and a few other things...

2005 Charcoal Grey Lincoln LS Sport V8, KBX Custom Turbo system...Sold...

Post Thanks / Like

....can you spray a dry shot pre-MAF and let the car compensate like we did on our Trans Am ?????
    09 Stryker G8 GT, modded after 8 miles of ownership.
    07 SRT8 Jeep, 12.43 N/A, 11.37@119 with a 195nos shot.....baddest least modded in the world!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakid View Post
    ....can you spray a dry shot pre-MAF and let the car compensate like we did on our Trans Am ?????

You "can" but I always recommend not doing that even if the GM MAFS seems to deal with it better than the Ford MAFS. If you want to spray dry then it will be best to do it post-MAFS and tune for it with a dedicated separate nitrous tune. Or you can spray post-MAFS with wet, dial your spray AFR's in with the fuel jet and just keep the timing nitrous friendly all the time in your tune. That way you can spray at will. That is what I do with my vehicles that do not have the capability of a chip that will hotswap tunes on the fly. You give up a little hp when not spraying but it isn't no big deal.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Stryker Blue, 402ci Stroker, Twin Turbo's, 230/240 Turbocam, Circle D Built 6L80E, Circle D 3000 Stall, and a few other things...

Post Thanks / Like

.....but I had no problems what so ever spraying our 02 Firehawk pre-MAF....I had good plugs, and it picked the car up half sec with 75 shot.

I understand exactly what you're saying. But a dry Pre MAF would be cake, and from what I think safe ?????
    09 Stryker G8 GT, modded after 8 miles of ownership.
    07 SRT8 Jeep, 12.43 N/A, 11.37@119 with a 195nos shot.....baddest least modded in the world!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakid View Post
    .....but I had no problems what so ever spraying our 02 Firehawk pre-MAF....I had good plugs, and it picked the car up half sec with 75 shot.

I understand exactly what you're saying. But a dry Pre MAF would be cake, and from what I think safe ?????

Why ask the question if you are going to then try to give your own answer afterwards???

If you want to spray your car pre-MAF then go ahead but I never recommend it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Nitrous..... : )

Kinda looking into some nitrous kits......

Only looking to do a 100 shot, no more than that. Most likely wet kit. Those that have used nitrous systems on the G8 with success, what have you used.

Saw some information on the ZEX kit for the G8 and some stuff on the Nano Nitrous System.

* I'd probably just use the bottle for the occasional street race, 1/4 mile PB, or a rematch / 2nd run if ever I got beat (on the street/track), and needed some more power.....

2009 White Hot G8 GT (stock)

* SOLD * 222/230 .597/.600 114+4 EPS Cam, Patrick G ECM/TCM Tune, Roto-Fab CAI, HSRK, Yank 3200 Torque Converter,
    Transmission Cooler, Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers, high flow cats, stock mufflers, Billet Prototypes Catch Can, UD Pulley,
    Ported Intake Manifold, Spohn Trailing Arms

407 RWHP & 365 RWTQ

Best Time: 12.517 @ 115.02mph w/ 1.97 60' time - (on stock 18" AS Tires)

8. Likes G8GHOST liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
    Kinda looking into some nitrous kits......

Only looking to do a 100 shot, no more than that. Most likely wet kit. Those that have used nitrous systems on the G8 with success, what have you used.

Saw some information on the ZEX kit for the G8 and some stuff on the Nano Nitrous System.

* I'd probably just use the bottle for the occasional street race, 1/4 mile PB, or a rematch / 2nd run if ever I got beat (on the street/track), and needed some more power.....

Weren't you just talking about wanting to do a turbo system in your car??? What happened to that?

If you are serious about nitrous and want a badass setup then mine is still for sale. I haven't sold it yet because I am looking to sell as a complete assembly rather than just parts and pieces, which makes it harder to move. Look in my FS thread about it if you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Robert@KBXPerformance View Post
    Weren't you just talking about wanting to do a turbo system in your car??? What happened to that?

If you are serious about nitrous and want a badass setup then mine is still for sale. I haven't sold it yet because I am looking to sell as a complete assembly rather than just parts and pieces, which makes it harder to move. Look in my FS thread about it if you want.

Well, I definitely want some sort of power adder for a 'down the road mod'. The nitrous set up would be cheaper to do & probably could come up with money for that sooner than a single turbo kit would cost.

I will definitely look in the for sale thread.....

2009 White Hot G8 GT (stock)

* SOLD * 222/230 .597/.600 114+4 EPS Cam, Patrick G ECM/TCM Tune, Roto-Fab CAI, HSRK, Yank 3200 Torque Converter,
    Transmission Cooler, Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers, high flow cats, stock mufflers, Billet Prototypes Catch Can, UD Pulley,
    Ported Intake Manifold, Spohn Trailing Arms

407 RWHP & 365 RWTQ

Best Time: 12.517 @ 115.02mph w/ 1.97 60' time - (on stock 18" AS Tires)

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, what is the ballpark on a safe (75-100 shot) wet kit for the G8 GT. i had a wet system on my 06 si civic that i thought was safe but after reading this write-up....i was riding the edge for sure! glad i sold it, lol

my other question here. wont i lose power when not using nitrous? since we can only run 1 tune?
    07 6MT TL type-S, injen CAI and CC short shifter