Site Sponsors & Vendors

View Poll Results: Do you think you would be able to attend a national meet?

Voters
212. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely!

34 16.04%
  • Most likely, but I'm not certain

64 30.19%
  • 50-50

69 32.55%
  • I doubt it

36 16.98%
  • No way...

9 4.25%
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The U.S. National G8 Meet Thread!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grandmacpubah View Post
    I'd love to come but that's a lot of miles I still think that's a good location though, it serves the majority of the country. We'll just have our own west coast one SO THERE!!!

to put it in perspective I just bing'd seattle to davenport...almost 2,000 miles LOL...ya...probably not. Unless there was a prize for the person traveling the most miles to get to the meet, because that would be me. Maybe something like a cam install by Charlie...I could fit it in then.
    PUSS

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffA View Post
    I'd be a 50-50 person, mainly cause I don't want to put the milage on the G8 but it could always be towed.
    shit, I bought mine to drive the dog dick out of it. I have had it 4 months and already got 12,000 miles on it, pffft..

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
    ^this...but I'm defenitely down for this road trip...I'm pretty sure if we can get the first national meet down and people see how it goes we should get more out whenever we do another...here in Houston we had 7 G8's for our first monthly meet and over time that number grew to 25-30 G8's...point is, it'll be good if this one can be successfully planned out
    You damn douche canoe! I KNEW NOTHING OF THIS!!! I only live like 6 hours from houston, shit i would make a weekned out of this just to come see that many g8's in one place!

Quote Originally Posted by AUGAH View Post
    I take it this would be open to the entire G8 community, not just our board. I will make every effort to be there.
    I hope so. shit post it on the oher board tell them some bitches to come too.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSyko View Post
    I think my girlfriend & I would like to make it but not sure of the logistics of it yet. I'm putting down 50/50 for now. It's one hell of a drive but maybe we could make a vacation out of it.
    dude... you drive that far i will buy you a damn t-shirt myself!

hell mark me as in. I can easily take the time off, i dont care about the 850 mile drive, road trips rule, besides i got family in Iowa i could go fuck up their house.
    now i have a better question than the drag strip deal.. where is the nearest liqour/beer store?
    G8GT SOLD

NEXT!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WARLOCK View Post
    PUSS

shit, I bought mine to drive the dog dick out of it. I have had it 4 months and already got 12,000 miles on it, pffft..

You damn douche canoe! I KNEW NOTHING OF THIS!!! I only live like 6 hours from houston, shit i would make a weekned out of this just to come see that many g8's in one place!

hell mark me as in. I can easily take the time off, i dont care about the 850 mile drive, road trips rule, besides i got family in Iowa i could go fuck up their house.
    now i have a better question than the drag strip deal.. where is the nearest liqour/beer store?
    on every street corner, where the saggy tittied hookers hang out

Post Thanks / Like

good u can drive me to it. I will buy the beer u can pay for the hooker
    G8GT SOLD

NEXT!!

Post Thanks / Like

good u can drive me to it. I will buy the beer u can pay for the hooker
    i will drink the beer, and watch you hand the skunker her desired price
    no way in hell will my wang be touching one of those pigeons

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this helps, but a brewery I have done work for in the past, recently moved to the Quad Cities area. Not sure if there is much of a bar at their new location, but they do distribute kegs of beer around Eastern Iowa. I believe the new name is Great River Brewing. They used to be Old Capitol Brew Works in Iowa City.

Edit: here is the website http://greatriverbrewery.com/index.html
    Last edited by Shredmo; 11-06-2009 at 06:49 AM.
    2009.1 G8 GT - 2013 Surly Pugsley - 2011 Specialized S.J. Comp 29 - 2008 Cannondale six13 D1 - 9 others

Post Thanks / Like

I will update you guys as I get info back from Cordova Dragway. Once I get the date, then I will get a host hotel set up. I may need the help of a "local" to find the best hotel (cost/space/location/etc). I also wonder if a "local" could find out if there are nearby campgrounds for those wanting to save expense by camping. I remember at the last Grand Prix Gathering in the Quad Cities, we had a hotel that gave us the entire back of their parking lot for Grand Prix parking only, and we did our show at the hotel. It was less than 1/2 hour drive to the track from there too.

I would love to set this up later in the year when temps drop more, but alot of G8 owners have families and can't travel once school starts. Plus, weather gets a bit more unpredictable once it starts that warm/cool cycling in later summer/early fall in this part of the country. I am shooting for racing to be Friday afternoon/evening so that we will get to run into the cool evening even if the daytime temps are higher.

Once I have a specific date and some details, I am going to post this on every G8 board I can find. I want this to include as many people as possible. I think we can all agree to put aside our differences for one weekend to hang out and have fun with our G8s!
    Joe Morgan, G8 GXP Registry Organizer, G.O.N.E. Organizer
    2009.5 G8 GXP WH 6M onyx/red no roof 12.921 @ 108.89 BONE STOCK! (then), (now) 12.344 @ 110.92 with 1.688 60' at 766' DA, PB with new cam & tune 12.191 @ 112.35, 2:59 Second Lap Time Road America (Goodyear RS-As & Hawk HP Plus pads with stock rotors), 143.1298 mph NoFlyZoneMidwest 2017 1/2 mile into 20 mph headwind. RACECAR NOW RETIRED. All of these are final PBs.

VCM OTR CAI, HSRK, Heater Hose Relocate, custom street/dyno tune by oldskoolgp, Comp Cams 224/228 .581"/.588" 112 LSA cam, LS7 lifters, PAC 1219x springs, Monster LT1S (C7 Corvette) Clutch kit, Katech C6 Hvy Dty Master & Slave Cylinders, Camaro 1LE Diff with 3.91 gears, Kooks LTHs, Solo Hi-Flo Cats & Connector Pipes, Solo Mach Balanced Catback, BMR Toe Rods, Trailing Arms, Cradle & Diff Poly Bushings, 2017 Chevy SS front & rear Brembo calipers and rotors.

Post Thanks / Like

i have e-mailed hotels.com for a price quote on 10 rooms for the weekend of august 26th 2010 in rock island just to get an idea of what type of funds we would be looking at

Post Thanks / Like

You want approximate rates - I got rates.
    These are for check in Thursday August 19th
    and check out Sunday August 22nd.

I know we don't have definitely dates or head count
    but this should give everyone a rough idea.
    I'm sure we can do some better if we can fill up the place.
    Maybe even need two hotels. I like to think BIG!
    It would be great to get a couple hundred G8's there.

RAMADA – Bettendorf - $68/n – 1 king
    Baymont Inn – Davenport - $48/n – 1 king on 2 doubles
    Days Inn – Davenport - $61/n – 1 king or 2 queens
    Clarion – Davenport - $89/n – 1 king
    Quality Inn & Suites – Moline - $55/n
    Comfort Inn & Suites – East Moline - $76/n – 1 king

All prices plus tax.
    2008 IOM G8 GT
    MODS: OPG CAI
    PYPES Violator axle backs
    Auterra Dash Dyno SPO
    SuperChips Cortex
    Tint - 5% rear - 35% sides

Post Thanks / Like

PUSS

All you have to do is check out the Texas forum!

2009.5 G8 GT
    MSM, Sunroof, Bluetooth

American Racing Headers 1 7/8" Non-Catted w/ Pypes Violator Axlebacks,
    Vararam w/ VMS HSRK, FasterProms Stage II Intake w/ Ported TB,
    BP Oil Catch Can, Charlie's Heater Hoses, Charlie's SS Bolt Kit,
    H&R Sport Springs, Tunnel Brace, GXP Diffuser,
    E&G Classics Grilles, 15% Llumar tint, SSV Series Badges.
    Tuned by Kevin (vv8) with HP Tuners.
    Exhaust Clip Here...enjoy
    "No! I'm not staring at your car, I'm staring at the reflection of mine!"

-RIP Charlie-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
    You want approximate rates - I got rates.
    These are for check in Thursday August 19th
    and check out Sunday August 22nd.

I know we don't have definitely dates or head count
    but this should give everyone a rough idea.
    I'm sure we can do some better if we can fill up the place.
    Maybe even need two hotels. I like to think BIG!
    It would be great to get a couple hundred G8's there.

RAMADA – Bettendorf - $68/n – 1 king
    Baymont Inn – Davenport - $48/n – 1 king on 2 doubles
    Days Inn – Davenport - $61/n – 1 king or 2 queens
    Clarion – Davenport - $89/n – 1 king
    Quality Inn & Suites – Moline - $55/n
    Comfort Inn & Suites – East Moline - $76/n – 1 king

All prices plus tax.
    i was just trying to request a quote for a large group of people, hoping we would get a good discount...i am hoping for a huge turn-out also
    i was just getting a little bit of an idea with the 10 rooms
    i'm sure if we get more people, the better our rates will be