Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many V6 owners out there

Post Thanks / Like

Here are a few pics of my car. Not too many mods as of yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 Liquid Red G8 - V6, 1SD Package, Mud Flaps, 3M Film on Nose, Headlights & Side Mirrors, 20% Window Tint on the back 5, K&N Air Filter. Recently purchased & soon to be added: Rotofab CAI

1969 GTO RAIII - 4 speed, Expresso Brown with Gold Int., Numbers Matching drivetrain, recent frame-off resto.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by schwartz View Post
    Yeah,i was thinking about checking it outHoldenMan21
    http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/

Was able to find many answers on the VE model which we all have in USA/Canada !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought a Silver Mettalic V-6, a 1009.1, probably one of the very last new ones left I would think. Paid 23.5 for it. Got a closeout deal on it and I really like it so far. I hope I got a decent deal. It was produced in 9-08 so it may have been sitting around a long time but so far I have not run into any problems with it (Only 60 miles so far though). Too bad its going to snow here in DC tomorrow because I will not drive it in the snow, at least not yet. I still have my old 1994 Dodge Intrepid for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcusm View Post
    Just bought a Silver Mettalic V-6, a 1009.1, probably one of the very last new ones left I would think. Paid 23.5 for it. Got a closeout deal on it and I really like it so far. I hope I got a decent deal. It was produced in 9-08 so it may have been sitting around a long time but so far I have not run into any problems with it (Only 60 miles so far though). Too bad its going to snow here in DC tomorrow because I will not drive it in the snow, at least not yet. I still have my old 1994 Dodge Intrepid for that.
    Congratulations to you Marcusm! Like you, I purchased one of the last ones in our city so I got a pretty good deal on it. Would probably have picked a different colour if I had the choice but I'm happy regardless. Bought mine in June/09 and only have 1800 miles on it - it's parked away for the winter as I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 4x4 to get around in. You'll be happy with the V6 as it's a peppy and well proven engine.
    2009 Liquid Red G8 - V6, 1SD Package, Mud Flaps, 3M Film on Nose, Headlights & Side Mirrors, 20% Window Tint on the back 5, K&N Air Filter. Recently purchased & soon to be added: Rotofab CAI

1969 GTO RAIII - 4 speed, Expresso Brown with Gold Int., Numbers Matching drivetrain, recent frame-off resto.

Post Thanks / Like

If it is a loaded V6 you got a really good price.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Canuck G8, the car has gotten more comment and approval than any other I have owned before. Thanks Panzer also, the car has everything on it but the most recent Bluetooth add-ons, etc. that came with the 2009.5 model (mine is a 2009.1), it does have the Premium Sound/Leather/Sunroof options, so I thought I did OK but just wan't too sure.

Thanks guys it is a really cool car, Marcus
    Last edited by marcusm; 01-08-2010 at 01:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcusm View Post
    Thanks Canuck G8, the car has gotten more comment and approval than any other I have owned before. Thanks Panzer also, the car has everything on it but the most recent Bluetooth add-ons, etc. that came with the 2009.5 model (mine is a 2009.1), it does have the Premium Sound/Leather/Sunroof options, so I thought I did OK but just wan't too sure.

Thanks guys it is a really cool car, Marcus
    you did, paik 24k for mine. With the money I saved, it will pay for all the mods done / to be done, and still be 3k under MSRP. It was a great car for a great price.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my 2009.1 Maverick Silver Met. G8 at the end of June '09 and drove it off the lot for just over $23K. The MSRP was $32K and it has the Premium Package, Sunroof, and Comfort and Sound Package. It draws looks everywhere I drive. 2 trips to Cape Cod since July and got almost 26 MPG running 75MPH loaded with family and luggage. It's off the road for the winter - can't wait for Spring.
    2009 MSM-Onyx G8, Premium Package, Sunroof, Comfort and Sound Package
    VG Shark Fin Antenna Mark II, Pontiac Cargo Tray, Trunk Lid Liner, Auto Dim Mirror, Garmin 1450LMT
    , Mobil 1

Other Cars:
    2014 Terrain SLT
    2012 Malibu LT
    2009 Impala LS
    1967 Bonneville Convertible - Completely Original/No Restoration 56000 Original Miles No Winters NYS Car

Post Thanks / Like

I can't drive, I think we have the very same car, same options, same color too! It is a nice vehicle and it is nice in that specific Silver Metallic color (they said that was the most commonly ordered color). If I still lived in Rochester (I'm from there too originally and get back there several times a year at least) I would take it off the road too as of November. (My Dad used to have his "winter" cars also). When I don't have it at the parking garage where I work in DC, it remains parked outside, unfortunately, here in N Va., as I don't have a garage at home (most houses here don't, believe it or not), but I don't drive it if the weather is bad or if they are throwing any salt, etc. On those days I take my 94 Dodge Intrepid around, which is still in pretty nice condition, and still drives great (although I have sunk some major repair money into that car in the last few years -- the repair expenses and the coolness of the G8 were the motivating factors for me to finally break down and get a new car and buy the G8). By the way, has anyone had any issue with the front suspension in the cold weather, there are a few service bulletins about the ball joint boots and the Lower control arms, and the dealership here just said that those are issues in the North and they would not replace anything on them for people who drove the cars down here.
    Last edited by marcusm; 01-20-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just came to say Hi to all the V6's in here as I have one also. I have a MGM 2009 which i got in June fully loaded . No mods just a Bra which really protects from rocks, peddles, tinted windows, and I dont know if you guys got the trunk lid cover as my dealer gave me that also. Hope to from from you guys soon.