Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sliding Leather Console Lid.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 5'8" and having the ability to slide it forward would be nice, it also looks like its slightly higher than stock lid.

Post Thanks / Like

Next question-------with this "other"lid when it is open, does it just fall like the original or is there more pressure in the hinge that keeps it from doing this? That does annoy me. My Expedition's arm rest/bin cover will stay where it is placed.
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GT. Vararam CAI, Auxillary Transmission Cooler, Billett Catch Can, Intake Beauty Cover Delete, 2 Piece Holden Coil Covers, V6 Radiator Cover.

Heater Hose Relocation mod (to be done soon).

2003 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder-Trilogy Motorsports International Supercharger #75, 3.0 pulley, 12.5 psi boost (self installed 4/05), Tuned by Lidio Iaccobelli @ Alternative Automotive 4/09,
    412RWHP, 440RWTQ. Baer 14" front crossdrilled/slotted, rear crossdrilled slotted vented discs. Dynotech MMX driveshaft w/Metco DS loop. Auxillary Tranny cooler, widened rear rims 18x9.5", 18x8.0" fronts. 13.31 @105.8MPH------need a better 60'. Looking for the 12's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweetair View Post
    Next question-------with this "other"lid when it is open, does it just fall like the original or is there more pressure in the hinge that keeps it from doing this? That does annoy me. My Expedition's arm rest/bin cover will stay where it is placed.

It stays up but it dosen't have a locking pin. The weight is more to the back.

What I like is when it's slid forward you can't open it. When I go into a store I put my iPod in the cupholder and slide the lid forward....I guess I shouldn't have said that.

I didn't know Paul was selling them or I would have bought it from him.

09 G8GT SwitchBlade Silver/Sunroof:

SSV Z-Series ll Rims, GXP rear diffuser, Chrome G8 gas cap cover, Console sliding leather lid, Holden Engine Covers, Intake cover delete, Auto dimming mirror, Holden VE Onyx Leather Sports Steering Wheel, SLP spoiler

Roto-Fab CAI, HSRK, MagnaFlow cat backs, Kooks mids w/ HFCs, GXP Brembos w/Drilled Rotors, VMS Stage 2 tuned, Mobil 1

Best: 60'- 1.954 1/4-12.753 @ 109.42

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, nuts. Do want, but $300? It'll take a while to convince myself to spend it.

Though my father's Honda does this, and it is seriously the first thing I checked on the G8 when I sat inside of it. I was sad it didn't have it from the get go... I use both arm rests in most cars, but find both G8's fairly uncomfortable. This would give me one to lean on. Damn yous Paul.
    2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

300=intake not armrest
    its not how shiny it is or how fast it is,its how you drive it!
    GT,prem,sport pkgs
    hood deflector
    GXP diffuser
    smoked corner and tail signals
    trunk mat
    kicker subs-sony amp(custom well ecl.-me build!)
    Infinity 2way doors
    MTX re-q (for subs)
    35% tint all around
    red LED's under dash + seats
    Vararam & HSRK
    Kaltech custom 93 tune
    Solo axlebacks
    333RWHP/340RWTQ (mustang dyno)

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a lot, but still to me it's worth every dollar...feels 10x higher quality, is more solid, has an actual pleasant texture to it (my elbow was always "sticking" to the gooey rubber lid on the stock G8), it's a little firmer but still pliant (again, the old one that was squishy and thin wasn't great), and it is taller, just enough to be more comfortable and easier to rest on. I'm 6'-3" and just like it a lot more overall whether slid back & with a drink or slid forward with more to rest my arm on--it has detents so it doesn't just freely fall backwards & forwards, etc.

Again, not cheap, but a nice part and makes a huge improvement to the console and it actually now matches both the door panel material and the seats. I'm one of those who rate this higher than a CAI, for example, simply because my arm touches it and I see it everyday, so always in contact--and it made more of a change than a lot of things have.

So...recommending it, again. If you can afford it, get it. Otherwise, you're missing a nice piece that should have been in the car all along
    2009 G8 GT - Sold...
    Pacific Slate/Onyx, Premium/Sport - 3M Clear Bra, 20% Rear Tint, GM Trunk Mat, Dimming Mirror, Holden VE Rubber Floor Mats, VMS TCM & 93 ECM Tune, Roto-Fab CAI & Radiator Cover, Pedders Bushings, Holden 6.0L Badges, GrafxWerks Badge Overlays, GXP Front Fascia & Rear Diffuser, JHP GPS Kit & Garmin, BP Catch Can, FE3/GXP Dampers, Corsa Cat-Back, GY Eagle GT Tires, GM Accessory Shift Knob
    MPGTune.com Mileage History

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100% with everything you said...!
    2009 G8 GT ~ Maverick Silver Metallic ~ Sport ~ Premium ~ Sunroof

Post Thanks / Like

I want one of these. With the exchange rate between the Aussie and American $ going the way it is (strong Aussie $) can't we expect to see some price reduction?
    Bill

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imalabil View Post
    I want one of these. With the exchange rate between the Aussie and American $ going the way it is (strong Aussie $) can't we expect to see some price reduction?
    Bill
    No.
    You need to be looking for a weak AUD.
    The AUD is at a 13 month high right now, which is bad for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my console lid in the mail today. I had ordered it last week around Wednesday, that was fast! Thanks Paul!

Does anyone know where I can find some install instructions for this?
    '09 MSM G8 GT - Premium, Sport, Sunroof - since 9/18/08
    Performance: Roto-Fab CAI; Corsa catback; VMS Tune; DBA 4000 slotted discs; Hawks Performance Ceramic pads
    Interior: SAS/GTPprix Digital Gauges; Interior trim by CAA; Homelink-visor; Blendmount/Invisicord mounted V1/Dashhawk
    Exterior: 3M 20% CS Tint; TSS custom darts; splash guards; Roto-Fab engine bay; Klearz sidemarkers; Spencers 5000k lows/3000k fogs
    Misc.: Billet Prototypes catch can; full V-LEDs LED swap