Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: GPS Trim Kits

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GPS Trim Kits

Basic GPS Kit : For Automatic Trans only, 2008 or 2009, Choice of Micro Silver (light) or Rado Silver (dark) horizontal strip applique cut to length. Full sized Storage Compartment with curved Rado silver lid.....No 12V outlet socket inside. Auto trans Rado Silver gear surround. Calais stereo stack trim.
    $515 shipped + $25 shipped for the mount.

2009 GPS Kit with Smokers Pack : For Automatic Trans only,2009, Choice of Micro Silver (light) or Rado Silver (dark) horizontal applique strip cut to length. Front Ashtray Compartment with curved Rado silver lid.....12V outlet socket inside.
    Rear Seat access Ashtray Compartment with flat Rado silver lid.....12V outlet socket inside.
    Auto trans Rado Silver gear surround.
    Calais stereo stack trim.
    $550 shipped + $25 shipped for the mount.

2008 GPS Kit with Smokers Pack : For Automatic Trans only,2008, Choice of Micro Silver (light) or Rado Silver (dark) horizontal applique strip cut to length. Front Ashtray Compartment with curved Rado silver lid.....12V outlet socket inside.
    Rear Seat access Ashtray Compartment with flat Rado silver lid.....12V outlet socket inside.
    Auto trans Rado Silver gear surround.
    Calais stereo stack trim.
    3 piece Rado trim set (as per Deal 35) for around the rear section of the armrest and rear smokers pack.
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~pjsadle...es/Page778.htm
    $640 shipped + $25 shipped for the mount.

** Manual transmission GXP deduct $25
    ***The mounts are to be purchased yourself directly from Bluejacket.
    Last edited by Crazy Paul; 10-27-2009 at 03:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Basic GPS Trim Kit

Omega Top Housing with Micro Silver Applique

or

Omega Top Housing with Rado Silver Applique

Yes the Applique will be trimmed to length.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calais Stereo Stack Trim

This is very different to the stock G8 "sports" centre stack.

Full Sized Storage Compartment with Rado Silver Curved Flip Down Lid.

The Full Sized Storage Compartment with Curved Lid looks the same as the Front Portion of the Smokers Pack...but it does not contain a 12V outlet socket like the Smokers Pack does.

No the Curved Lid will not fit in the stock G8 stereo stack, nor will it fit over your stock G8 cubby.

A6 Gear Surround Trim

Note the front edge is curved upwards or radiussed to suit the new Calais stereo stack. You cannot re-use your stock A6 gear surround trim with the Calais stereo stack.

Note the new Calais A6 gear surround trim is Rado (dark) silver and not Black as per the stock G8 piece.

You re-use your stock switches & bezel in the new Calais gear surround

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

2009 GPS Kit with Smokers Pack

Same as the Basic Kit shown above except delete the Full Sized Storage Compartment & Curved Rado Silver Lid.

Add Front and Rear Smokers Pack both pieces in Rado silver. Both Pieces have a 12V outlet socket inside.

No you cannot buy just the Front part of the Smokers Pack. The 2 pieces are a kit and cannot be bought separately.
    No the Calais Front and Rear smokers pack will not fit in your stock G8 stereo stack.....only fits in the Calais
    Both pieces of the Smokers Pack are finished in Rado (dark) silver.

Post Thanks / Like

2008 GPS Kit with Smokers Pack

Same as the 2009 GPS Kit with Smokers Pack except it includes 3 more Rado silver trim pieces to go above and forward of the rear smokers pack section.

The 2008 has these 3 pieces in Black as stock, to match the rear portion of the new smokers pack piece they are provided here in Rado silver.

Post Thanks / Like

Manual Transmission (M6) GXP

The gear surround for a Manual Transmission is $25 cheaper than the A6 gear surround. Specify M6 if you require this Rado Silver gear surround with any GPS kit.
    The front edge of this M6 gear surround is radiussed to suit the radiussed Calais stereo stack.

Last edited by Crazy Paul; 09-21-2009 at 07:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect, Paul, all packaged together an in the different varieties, for all--should sell even more now with this.

For anyone getting the full front cubby (I got that & the smoker's pack, only using the rear part of the smoker's pack) and also the correct rubber insert for the full front cubby from Paul...if that's the way you go, GET THE INSERT piece for it.

Highly recommend this kit, all around and Paul in general, once again
    2009 G8 GT - Sold...
    Pacific Slate/Onyx, Premium/Sport - 3M Clear Bra, 20% Rear Tint, GM Trunk Mat, Dimming Mirror, Holden VE Rubber Floor Mats, VMS TCM & 93 ECM Tune, Roto-Fab CAI & Radiator Cover, Pedders Bushings, Holden 6.0L Badges, GrafxWerks Badge Overlays, GXP Front Fascia & Rear Diffuser, JHP GPS Kit & Garmin, BP Catch Can, FE3/GXP Dampers, Corsa Cat-Back, GY Eagle GT Tires, GM Accessory Shift Knob
    MPGTune.com Mileage History

Post Thanks / Like

Rubber Insert available to suit Full Sized Storage Compartment (Basic Kit only). Add US$20 for rubber liner.

Post Thanks / Like

I just order mine, thanks again for all your help. I look forward to installing it and finally having a "OEM" nav unit and bluetooth. I will post pics of my install and my version of bluetooth in the car. I like the rado silver instead of the black, I think the rado looks more of a luxury color than the cheap black.
    2008 Liquid Red P&S

Post Thanks / Like

Hello! I really liked your story. Thank you!
    Verizon Customer Service hours
    Last edited by next711; 02-09-2017 at 07:10 AM.