Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: State Troopers on the dreaded Ocean Parkway...

Thirsty for Knowledge mtolivecracker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds like something else is going there. sounds like the town doesn't want the car show there and has the cops harrass people so they stay clear. id never go there. i avoid bacon at all costs because they love me.

Black G8 GXP M6 Red/Onyx
    Lots of Mods

Post Thanks / Like

Thats FREAKING nuts and the State boy was douche bag with a chip on his shoulder. It would have been hard for me to keep my mouth shut.
    2008 MGM GT. Patrick G spec'd 222/226 .597”/.605” 115LSA +3 cam, Ported TB, Ported Manifold, 25% PB UDP, 180* Tstat, Vararam w/HSRK, Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers, X w/cats and muffs, GXP Diffuser, B Splitter, 6000K HID's, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side,Rear Markers and Tails, 15% Window Tint, Blackedout Chrome, Ghost Stripes, G2 Red Calipers

Post Thanks / Like

That cop was being a straight up asshole. As far as I know there is no law that says you can't take pictures near a highway. Military posts and State buildings, yeah, maybe. But highways? I don't see it...

And there's no reason for him to be acting like that. You should have gotten his badge number and called his Barracks and talked to a superior. But because he's a cop does not mean that he is allowed to treat people with disrespect.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. What a bunch of asshats. I'd definately be getting badge numbers and calling a lawyer. They are probably confiscating cameras so people cant video them being dicks.
    2011 Mustang Gt 5.0 Auto - Houston Stock

09 PSM G8 GT - Loved but sold
    92 Mustang GT H/C/I boltons - garage ornament

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a cop who's going to make the wrong "friend" some day, and while everyone will be nice to his face after, will chuckle behind his back.

Did you get your camera back?
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

Since when is Nitrous Illegal?
    2009 SBM G8GT (Garage Queen)
    Best Time- 12.640 @ 111.78 1.994 60' w/2.92 gears NOW- 3.45s and fast!
    click on any colored words in sig for more detail
    8222 miles and resting 8/16/2020

Post Thanks / Like

Now entering the preliminary stages of a police state. Don't think I will be driving to New York....ever.

"oh yes I can, I do what I want, and I am taking your cars."

Don't you just wish you could of told him to eat a dick? I hear swine will eat anything.
    Last edited by UGotSmkd; 09-20-2009 at 07:08 PM.
    2008 White Hot G8 GT - SOLD
    Power: 430 LS3, Vararam, ARH 1 7/8 LTs w/ Magnaflow Axleback, Patrick G. Tune
    Looks: 6000k HIDs, 19" Sport wheels
    Suspension: BMR Rear Trailing Arms, Subframe Bushings, and Toe Rods, Koni Sport Shocks/Struts, H&R Sport Springs
    423/406

Current - BMW 2007 335i

Post Thanks / Like

the cops out there are always relentless and it has to due with a lot of crotch rocket bikers acting a fool out there so now they take it out on everyone. Either way, that is not an excuse to be treating people like pieces of shit.
    i'm glad you came outta there without any tickets, because they would have fucked you over as much as they could have.
    Anywhere else on long island they don't bother you, with the exception of the Lynbrook police, because they are just as prick-ish as those troopers
    NYC cops don't harass people either unless you're doing 15 over

Post Thanks / Like

Next time you want to take pictures, do so and have a copy of the law in your back pocket...
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/film/downloa...ules_final.pdf

Here's some more good info
    http://www.krages.com/phoright.htm

If you can see it, you can shoot it

Let's get the easy stuff out of the way. Aside from sensitive government buildings (e.g., military bases), if you're on public property you can photograph anything you like, including private property. There are some limits — using a zoom lens to shoot someone who has a reasonable expectation of privacy isn't covered — but no one can come charging out of a business and tell you not to take photos of the building, period.

Further, they cannot demand your camera or your digital media or film. Well, they can demand it, but you are under no obligation to give it to them. In fact, only an officer of the law or court can take it from you, and then only with a court order. And if they try or threaten you? They can be charged with theft or coercion, and you may even have civil recourse. Cool. (For details, see "The Photographer's Right.")

It gets better.

You can take photos any place that's open to the public, whether or not it's private property. A mall, for example, is open to the public. So are most office buildings (at least the lobbies). You don't need permission; if you have permission to enter, you have permission to shoot.

In fact, there are very few limits to what you're allowed to photograph. Separately, there are few limits to what you're allowed to publish. And the fact that they're separate issues — shooting and publishing — is important. We'll get to that in a moment.

You can take any photo that does not intrude upon or invade the privacy of a person, if that person has a reasonable expectation of privacy. Someone walking in a mall or on the street? Fair game. Someone standing in a corner, looking at his new Prozac prescription? No. Using a long lens to shoot someone in an apartment? No.

Note that the limits have nothing to do with where you are when you take the shots; it's all about the subject's expectation of privacy. You can be on private property (a mall or office-building lobby), or even be trespassing and still legally take pictures. Whether you can be someplace and whether you can take pictures are two completely separate issues.
    Last edited by GeoffA; 09-20-2009 at 07:19 PM.
    2009 SBM G8GT (Garage Queen)
    Best Time- 12.640 @ 111.78 1.994 60' w/2.92 gears NOW- 3.45s and fast!
    click on any colored words in sig for more detail
    8222 miles and resting 8/16/2020

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa View Post
    Did you get your camera back?
    Yes. I started to walk away while he was making that couple hysterical, and he shouted to me by name to come back. I did, again being very polite and respectful. He said something like I bet now you know not to take any pictures around here. Now put the camera away, I don't want to see it. I said yes sir, I apologize, thank you.

Yup it was the car show from hell, and I am never going back. I can honestly say, this scared me for life. I can't even think about it without getting upset.

They were just simply very rude, sarcastic and showed no mercy. Even with the couple hysterical, he continued to talk nasty with them and be sarcastic. There's a fine line between enforcing the law, and harassing, humiliating and dis-respecting people.

I honestly think its what mtolivecracker said. They don't want a car show there but can't legally stop people from going or kick them out, so instead, they become as strict, hard and nasty as possible trying to screw as many people as badly as they possibly can, so nobody wants to go back. And it's working. It's a damn shame to. A beautiful car show by the ocean on a sunday morning. The drive out there by the beach with the sun rising also is just awsome. But the state troopers have to go and ruin it all.
    Custom Dyno Tune By Brian at Kaltech Tuning and Performance
    [/FONT][/B]
    Vararam Cold-Air Intake
    1 7/8 Long tube American Racing Headers
    Custom Cam from Comp Cams
    CNC Valve Job from Livernois
    VMS HSRK
    160 T-Stat
    2800 Circle-D Stall Converter
    435rwhp 385rwtq Mustang Dyno
    Coming Soon:Some Tires Bitch!

*SOLD