Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin, in tank fuel pump discussion thread

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Twin, in tank fuel pump discussion thread

Some of the rest of us are going the twin intank route but using the existing mounting flange.
    Winning may not be everything, but its still better than losing

I don't know you. I don't know what have done. If you are looking to talk up a race for 3 hours, I can tell you I don't have the time. But what I do have are a very particular set of parts; parts I have acquired over a very long career. Parts that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you go home, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not punk you. But if you don't, I will punk you, I will race you, and I will embarrass you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ktlplxm View Post
    Some of the rest of us are going the twin intank route but using the existing mounting flange.

Twin tank or Twin Pump ??
    Retiring as the undefeated Cam only Record Holder 11.454@120

Come and get the title bitches it's up for grabs

Post Thanks / Like

Twin intank pump. No louder than stock, Supports over 1000rwhp.

I don't know you. I don't know what have done. If you are looking to talk up a race for 3 hours, I can tell you I don't have the time. But what I do have are a very particular set of parts; parts I have acquired over a very long career. Parts that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you go home, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not punk you. But if you don't, I will punk you, I will race you, and I will embarrass you.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Twin intank pump. No louder than stock, Supports over 1000rwhp.
    Are you having to replace any fuel lines or is the pump/pickup the largest restriction?

Andy

Post Thanks / Like

To get the full benefit of the twin pumps its best to replace the feed lin with a -8. It then gets a return line added with a quality regulator so you have direct control over the fuel pressure. The rails are good on theses cars so they are reused

Post Thanks / Like

To get the full benefit of the twin pumps its best to replace the feed lin with a -8. It then gets a return line added with a quality regulator so you have direct control over the fuel pressure. The rails are good on theses cars so they are reused

I thought there were issues with with that setup when the tank started getting low. And I can't imagine it's cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

NOne has done this system in a G8, which has a different shape than the existing tanks, so there are no pre-existing concerns. Any large fuel system has issues when people let their tanks get too low, but this set-up, in an enclosed case, shouldn't have the tendency toward starvation that the exposed system did.
    And you are correct; it is not cheap, but once again, nothing quality or worth having is. You know the old saying "You gotta pay to play". There may eventually be some cheap ways of doing these fuel systems, which people when then complain about the reliability, but for now, with each of us having to "pioneer" the solutions, they won't come cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

And you are correct; it is not cheap, but once again, nothing quality or worth having is. You know the old saying "You gotta pay to play". There may eventually be some cheap ways of doing these fuel systems, which people when then complain about the reliability, but for now, with each of us having to "pioneer" the solutions, they won't come cheap.
    Well said!!

Post Thanks / Like

NOne has done this system in a G8, which has a different shape than the existing tanks, so there are no pre-existing concerns. Any large fuel system has issues when people let their tanks get too low, but this set-up, in an enclosed case, shouldn't have the tendency toward starvation that the exposed system did.

So where is this setup coming from?

Post Thanks / Like

The system is coming from another well known Fuel system designer/modifier. I haven't thrown his name out yet so he will not be bombarded by people with questions about a kit he is currently working on. I've used the same style system in a Turbo'd LS1 TA and a T-Type. A few of the other higher HP guys on here have been brought into the loop and as soon as the rest of the testing is 100% complete, pricing, availability and timeframe will all be disclosed.