Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: The G8 must be a true piece of shit. (RIP)

Post Thanks / Like

Penquin, the early days of rock and roll, and enjoying our pieces of shit. (LOL) I miss the birdman. The forum reminded me of a combination of The Rolling Stone, Car and Driver, Road and Track, and my personal favorite, Mad Magazine.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

We've only had ours three months and problems continue to pop up. Its an 08 GT with less than 40k on it.

1. Vibration/whine at 60+ MPH (Finally fixed after six trips to the dealer)
    2. Busted rear vent (couldn't adjust the inner vents)
    3. Leather pulling away from child latch at the top of the center seat in the rear.
    4. Both visors replaced because neither vanity mirror would stay open
    5. New key fob (old one was coming apart in the middle)
    6. NEW problem - pulsation/grinding/groaning when braking, especially during turns. Jess said she can hear the grinding under the seat, which makes me think it might be an ABS issue.

I'm basically just waiting for the LCA problem to manifest, followed by a failing lifter. That's really all that's left to go wrong with it if you look at "common" problems.

I love the car, but repairs on this car are too expensive to fix without a warranty if it keeps up. We'll see how it's doing in a year or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Lifters and a cam will be soon, I know I just went thru it.
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

I can’t tell you how happy I am with my early production 08 GT.
    Bought it new, visited the forums a bunch back in the day for mods and ideas.
    It’s at 108,000 miles now. It still looks new and runs like a beast. I drive the hell out of the car. It’s seen dozens of track days and drag strip runs not to mention I just drive it like I stole it as my “m-o”
    Although it’s never seen winter driving, it’s been driven hard and I’m so grateful I got this car! I will never let it go.
    Here is the short list of problems with the car that I have dealt with in our 13 year relationship.

Radiator replaced around 75000 miles when the neck cracked due to pressure build up due to very low coolant.
    My Air condition belt has never stayed on. I carry a wrench, socket and breaker bar with me in the hot months to pop it back On when needed 😂 annoying but not major
    Last year I started getting intermittent throttle position sensor faults. Replaced the TB, all good.
    Headliner is now falling a bit. A can of 3m adhesive fixed that 👍
    Just got an oil pressure sensor fault last weekend. Replaced it easily for $59 ($69 inc the 27mm deep well socket I needed to buy) 🙄
    And now, my abs is off. Another sensor. I’ll get to that this weekend.
    Oh also, the glove compartment door handle broke off recently as did one of the window switches. Again, $27 for the window switch amd im sure the glove box won’t be bad.

All in all, small and easy stuff to deal with. WORTH EVERY PENNY AND BEAD OF SWEAT AND CRACKED KNUCKLE ETC!

I also do not deny the existence of vehicles with legit issues. Maybe I got lucky? Maybe it’s the 93 octane and Mobil 1 that I’ve never waivered on. But if I could go back, I’d buy 2 👍

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, 10 year thread revival.

Seeing this thread makes me sad. Many of the people posting here are not with us on this Earth any longer.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slizzo View Post
    Damn, 10 year thread revival.

Seeing this thread makes me sad. Many of the people posting here are not with us on this Earth any longer.
    That’s sad to hear. I can’t believe I’ve had this car 13 years now. Where has the time gone? Peace to those who have passed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drglock View Post
    That’s sad to hear. I can’t believe I’ve had this car 13 years now. Where has the time gone? Peace to those who have passed.
    Second that.....
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drglock View Post
    Ditto!
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

I was disappointed by my GXPs lack of features. No Power Seats. Memory seats/Mirrors. Had one of the grills fly out at speed and lost it, that sucked, and after doing a coolant change, noticed the Balancer was wobbling like crazy. I could never get over 18mpg on the fwy either, even driving like a grandpa. Not a bad car, jsut wish I had spent more time b4 buying. At least I was able to sell it at a gain.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk