Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The G8 must be a true piece of shit. (RIP)

Post Thanks / Like

Default The G8 must be a true piece of shit. (RIP)

All I read on G8 forums is what creaky, sloppy, noisy, problem infested hunks of crap the G8's are.

I hope I don't put the hex on my current G8 GT, but I have never had one single issue of ANY kind with either the '08 (11K) or the '09 (5K).

Not one tiny little trip to any dealer, ever. Never had to repair anything myself either.

So, before the firestorm of rightious indignation from the multitude that have massive problems with this car, I will make the only comment that any sane person could make after reading post after post about true and actual problems that owners have experienced ad infinitum. I am NOT questioning the existence of these problems. Many of them quite serious.

" The Pontiac G8 should never have been brought to market in the first place and we are all fortunate that this devilish beast has been put to rest forever."

I can only guess that Holden LTD. saved every defective, lemon infested Commodore ever made in a lot in the desert and saw a chance to dump them all by putting a different hood and some Pontiac badging on and cramming them all into big boats to America. Those that have had problems will assuredly jump me with nasty posts. Once again, I do not question the existece of your problems. I weep for you, as we all had such high hopes for this car, only to have them dashed on the rocks of shitty-ness.

Please understand, I am not doubting the veracity of these complaints, nor the reality of the problems.

Just tired of reading this stuff. No doubt one day I will get what's coming to me when I start having the same problems.
    So, in conclusion, I repeat the opening statement: "The G8 must be a true piece of shit."

Now, I have met and gotten to really like many folks on the forum, and I know that they will read this post all the way through before exploding in rightious indignation. As to the few that don't or can't, I don't like you anyway.

So,I quietly put down my mouse, back away from the computer, and wish you all the best in resolving this mess in whatever way works best for each individual.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking the same thing as you. Just wouldn't have said it quite as eloquently. But then again i don't speak penguinese.
    08 IOM GT 20x8.5 20x10 Breytons GTS, 1 7/8 Kooks, 3'' custom exhaust with side exit and cutouts all ceramic coated. 3600 Yank, 3.90 gears. Pedders XAs and bushings, custom rear lower control arms, full length frame connectors, bottom painted hot rod black with IOM suspension. 125 wet plate nitrous, 175 direct port with dedicated fuel system, FAST LSX intake, Meziere electric water pump. All lines converted to Hard SS or black braided. Vararam, remote oil filter, billet valve and coil covers, aluminum and carbon fiber engine panels custom stereo with eclipse amps and 12'' sub in custom box, billet alum/carbon fiber/plexiglass trunk floor. GTS fenders, Evolution nose and hood with custom scoop
    Started but not done: custom paint, custom interior with 4 GTS style seats.
    Not the fastest but close enough for Rock and Roll.

Great Lakes Moderator BlueJacket's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of it has to do with the fact that there are a number of G8 owners who are spoiled douche bags and no mater what they have it will never be good enough for them.

2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT
    2010 Camaro SS Wheels, Holden V8 Badges, Crazy Paul GPS Trim Package, Blacked Out Arrowheads, Red Calipers, Hawk HPS Pads, DBA 4000 T3 Rotors, Rebadged Trunk, 3.5" Stubby Antenna, Holden Engine Covers, Engine Cover Overlays, Engine Dress Up Items, Holden V6 Rad Cover, GXP Rear Diffuser W/Tinted Reflectors, Flips Tinted Tails, Hood Vent Mod, Grrrr8 IC Mod, Solo Mach Balanced Exhaust with 3.5" Tips and NEP OTR

Post Thanks / Like

eh, how many times does somebody leave positive feedback. However, if you run into a problem, all hell breaks loose. Most people who aren't having problems with their G8's are likely enjoying them and not posting much. Those of us with problems, of course want solutions, and we want them now.

I for one am very happy with my car....and I've had quite a few problems That I think says it all. For all the issues those of us had with our cars, how many still enjoy them? I'm betting a few hands will show. Most G8 owners I would guess are pretty picky and budget-minded. A tough crowd to please indeed. I for one am glad the G8 made its way over to the states and I'm quite proud to own one. I can only hope my second engine lives to see past 12,000 miles.
    2008 G8 GT #509 of 888 - Ignition Orange
    Performance: NEP OTR Intake, NEP Custom ECM/TCM Tune, VMS HSRK, Solo J-pipe Axle-back and X-pipe
    Appearance: 5000K HIDs, NEP Gauge Bezel, third_shift studios 888 Shifter Plaque, GXP Diffuser, 3.5" Exhaust Tips

332 RWHP / 349 RWTQ
    Best 1/4 - 13.215 @ 105.17MPH, 60' - 2.01
    www.fourdoormafia.com

Post Thanks / Like

It's VERY common on sites to hear ALL the negatives because they are solved a lot of times by bringing them up on a forum.

Overall my car is a love hate relationship. Other then the motor mount, lower control arm, radius rod and the cheap paint, I really love the car. It can't be beat for the money IMO.

That being said...

It may be my last GM for a while.

We'll see. I could drive a CTS I guess...

Chris

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

I love my car but hate how much mods cost.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I initially loved the G8, the longer I have it, the less I like it. The drive line is has really let the air out of my sails. I have to be almost afraid to go WOT with it for fear something will break. For those of you with out "any" issues I'm truley envious because I miss that giddy feeling I used to get every time I biumped the key and raised the garage door.
    BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Post Thanks / Like

My car is leaving a lot to be desired *at this point* between the shitty transmission (my wifes Equinox shifts smoother!!), terrible mileage in city driving even with a light foot (15mpg wtf) and the creaking front suspension that I have no time to get looked at because of my work schedule. I still love the car and its the nicest one I've ever personally owned, but its the little things that can ruin part of the experience. If I can ever get the shift flare resolved and get the front suspension fixed, I'll be a lot happier.
    2008 MGM G8 GT
    NEP OTR intake
    Custom 2.5" exhaust with X-pipe and Thrush turbo mufflers
    Vector HSRK
    35w 5000k HIDs
    334whp/358lb.ft - 13.05@107 1.98 60'

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. And I live in the most unlucky place on earth!!

LSX 427 + TVS 2300= ???

BY DEMON8 BE DRIVEN

www.demon8designs.com PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION

Post Thanks / Like

Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED