Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The G8 must be a true piece of shit. (RIP)

Post Thanks / Like

I love my car.I have had only 1 issue a bad tire. took it to dealer and was replaced. It is by far the nicest car I have owned. As far as gas mileage WHAT THE F##k are you guys thinking it is a 6.0 361 hp if you do not like it get the f##k rid of it and buy a pruis.
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Mine has been OK but than again I have owned GM cars / trucks / SUVs for a long time so im use to the creaky interior... I really think it comes down to some people being over anal with their cars.

The only real issues I have has was a bad key fob and a horrible rear suspension clank (still need to get that fixed) other than that my only real compaint is how hard the interior is to keep clean but im the jack ass who bought a black interior
    2009 G8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travis gore View Post
    As far as gas mileage WHAT THE F##k are you guys thinking it is a 6.0 361 hp if you do not like it get the f##k rid of it and buy a pruis.
    Geez, sounds just like the guys over on the "other" board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MitsukiGT View Post
    Geez, sounds just like the guys over on the "other" board.
    Agreed! I average 20mpg with mixed driving but 2/3rds is highway.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

I love my inexpensive, absolutely reliable, no-problem ever, BMW killing piece of shit.

Post Thanks / Like

I still love this car. My intention was to drive it with some slight modding (not too crazy) for about 5 years and then give it to my son at that time.

But boy...you read the "other board especially" and it makes you want to sell your car or go hang yourself from all the negativity.

Aside from the two recalls, mine hasn't been in for service yet for anything. I do have "the oil leak" that I have to get looked at but that's it. Warranty.

The stuff you read does make you think - actually what it really makes me think about is not about the quality of the stock vehicle - but about how much modding this car can take before stuff breaks. Most production cars have a tolerance for some modding. Go far past that and I would expect any production vehicle to become temprimental. Unless, of course, you replace all the stock parts with parts that are built to take the abuse. A stock production vehicle is not meant to be treated like a race car - something will break.

I will admit that I keep getting these "second chance" extended warranty offers in the mail from GM since I'm still under 12,000 miles. Given what we hear, I just might get it as a precaution.

I will continue to sensibly mod my car since it is my DD and because I can't afford to be without a car or without a warranty at this time. I have too much fun with this car - it has become my new hobby.

For what you get for the money, it is still hard to beat - even with a few warranty things going wrong for some. You can't be overly-picky at this price range and for what you are getting.

Oh, and 600HP Ferraris and Lamborghinis are temprimental and have issues too. The higher horsepower you go - even released from the factory - the greater potential to put stress on everything in/on the car and on its longevity - UNLESS you build the crap out of it all around it - but that equals a ton of extra money or paying more from the factory.

I've owned an 88 and a 92 Vette. Both had some issues. The new ones are better now - dare I say, internationally accepted now... A few more years in the States for the G8 and all the bugs would have been worked out I would think. Then again, why aren't the AUS cars having these issues. Crap, here we go again - full circle.

Like someone else indicated: if something does go wrong, you won't get a complaint out of me - I'll just want to know what caused it, how do I fix it, and then move on. I think we can do that without sound like we're whining.
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could get 15 MPG, I only get about 13.5-14 MPG, might just be my heavy foot. Other than a few small problems (paint, window off track) I LOVE my car.
    2009 G8 GT Premium "VADER" Black, shiny, and badass.

Post Thanks / Like

I love my car. I want GM to make a couple improvements with the drive shaft. Once GM gets that fixed I'm going to be one happy SOB. I love driving my G8. I've babied it it's first year. I need to start driving it more.

Post Thanks / Like

I am trying to teach myself to just be happy with the things I got..I am very fortunate to have a car like this and love the car.. If it has problems big deal every car has problems. Yesterday I was at my mechanics and he has a new cts-v that is incredible. Some customers came by didn't even look at the cts that was parked next to me all the kept talking about was my car. There is no doubt I would take the cts over my car in a second but it was pretty cool watching them look over the car not knowing it was mine..
    2011 high performance white mustang 3.73, vortech, vortech cai, kb bap, o/r h pipe, gt500 axleback, frpp lowering springs, 20' true forged wheels.

Gone white hot 09 g8 gt
    1/8 7.52 MPH 94.37 60ft. 1.76
    1/4 11.74 mph 117.00 60ft. 1.76

Addicted Member familycaronROIDS!'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im cool with mine - Keep in mind some people who buy $150,000 dllr cars sometimes have issues too. It's a car some have problems most don't.

Go to ANY dealer and you will see their are always new cars in their shop.

2009 G8 GT
    Wrenched&tuned@CMS w/N2o
    518rwhp-450rwtq
    11.4@121mph DA2400+
    sound clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8trh7SkzQg
    racing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA5td_Jm1OE