Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Potentially good news

Post Thanks / Like

Default Potentially good news

Within the next few weeks you will probably start being able to order the GXPs. I talked to someone today about pricing and he didn't know for sure but he was under the impression that they GXP will come in between $35K and $38K. I really hope he is accurate.

I'm getting ready to put my $500 deposit on one today. He said they probably won't be on the showroom floor until mid to late January. I'm fine with that.

I've changed my wants a little. I want a loaded liquid red, automatic with the painted rims. I want to be able to paint the rims a different color if I choose to.

Post Thanks / Like

You'll probably get it before I get my GT...

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

^ lol I hope not for your sake.

Well, I parted with the $500. Now it's just a waiting game. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas. With the small exception of having to pay for my own presents. lol

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What color for the GXP are you thinking about?
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

My options in order of importance.

Liquid red
    Manual
    Black interior (no inserts)
    Sunroof
    Painted wheels in case I want to paint them (I'm not worried one way or the other on the wheels)
    Last edited by 99-LS1-SS; 10-20-2008 at 12:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    What color for the GXP are you thinking about?
    I've told the dealer i want a black six speed with or without a sunroof, which ever i can get hold of first. its getting close i can feel it !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1quickaussie View Post
    I've told the dealer i want a black six speed with or without a sunroof, which ever i can get hold of first. its getting close i can feel it !!
    I'm not a sunroof fan. JW

Post Thanks / Like

I heard in Jan we should see these !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if they'll have any wheel options other than the hideous spider web spoke style seen on the show car? I'd rather have the 19" wheels from the GT Sport package myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by T.Rex View Post
    Does anyone know if they'll have any wheel options other than the hideous spider web spoke style seen on the show car? I'd rather have the 19" wheels from the GT Sport package myself.

I'll trade ya mine...I loved the show car rims and was a little disappointed that they didn't put them on the GT...
    '09 SBM G8 GT - GT7 (Sport and Premium packages w/ Sunroof), Lovells Eliminator Super Low Combo, Pedders Street 1, BMR sways...