Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted: GXP Racers (and G8 GT Racers too)!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wagon540 View Post
    Looks like i will be there. Girlfriend wants to come too but thinks it's gonna be too cold. I said sit in the car till i get to the line then i'll be back in about 13 seconds, hopefully. Haha.
    Maybe i can keep up with a GXP. Kim.
    Glad to hear you will be there! I am bringing my girlfriend too, but she already knows she need to dress in layers. The air is going to be so good that I will be fine if I just get in a number of timeruns. I seem to recall being able to get plenty of runs in at this event in the past. Rain sounds like it will hold off until after noon, and there's only a 30% chance. Glad to hear I won't be the only G8 there. Look for my GXP in the pits, and I'll try to save a space for you!
    Joe Morgan, G8 GXP Registry Organizer, G.O.N.E. Organizer
    2009.5 G8 GXP WH 6M onyx/red no roof 12.921 @ 108.89 BONE STOCK! (then), (now) 12.344 @ 110.92 with 1.688 60' at 766' DA, PB with new cam & tune 12.191 @ 112.35, 2:59 Second Lap Time Road America (Goodyear RS-As & Hawk HP Plus pads with stock rotors), 143.1298 mph NoFlyZoneMidwest 2017 1/2 mile into 20 mph headwind. RACECAR NOW RETIRED. All of these are final PBs.

VCM OTR CAI, HSRK, Heater Hose Relocate, custom street/dyno tune by oldskoolgp, Comp Cams 224/228 .581"/.588" 112 LSA cam, LS7 lifters, PAC 1219x springs, Monster LT1S (C7 Corvette) Clutch kit, Katech C6 Hvy Dty Master & Slave Cylinders, Camaro 1LE Diff with 3.91 gears, Kooks LTHs, Solo Hi-Flo Cats & Connector Pipes, Solo Mach Balanced Catback, BMR Toe Rods, Trailing Arms, Cradle & Diff Poly Bushings, 2017 Chevy SS front & rear Brembo calipers and rotors.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe how bad my luck has been with Mother Nature this year! I drove 200 miles to Cordova this morning, only to find out the event had been cancelled for SNOW! They got reports of measurable snow falling in Des Moines that was heading east, so they decided to cancel. In their defense, I did drive thru snow flurries on the way home about an hour later, but nothing to accumulate. I am most disappointed that we didn't get to make at least some time runs. The Density Altitude was reading 500 feet BELOW sea level, and we had an offset tailwind. My weather station was predicting 13.04, but I think I could have gotten solidly into the 12s with a good launch. I did see a custom IOM G8 GT leaving just as I arrived, but they disappeared before I could talk to them. Was it a member of this board? Oh well, now I have to hope that the weather holds long enough for me to get to the track at least once before the season closes up here. I can almost taste a 12 second pass!
    2009.5 G8 GXP WH 6M onyx/red no roof 12.921 @ 108.89 BONE STOCK! (then), (now) 12.344 @ 110.92 with 1.688 60' at 766' DA, PB with new cam & tune 12.191 @ 112.35, 2:59 Second Lap Time Road America (Goodyear RS-As & Hawk HP Plus pads with stock rotors), 143.1298 mph NoFlyZoneMidwest 2017 1/2 mile into 20 mph headwind. RACECAR NOW RETIRED. All of these are final PBs.

VCM OTR CAI, HSRK, Heater Hose Relocate, custom street/dyno tune by oldskoolgp, Comp Cams 224/228 .581"/.588" 112 LSA cam, LS7 lifters, PAC 1219x springs, Monster LT1S (C7 Corvette) Clutch kit, Katech C6 Hvy Dty Master & Slave Cylinders, Camaro 1LE Diff with 3.91 gears, Kooks LTHs, Solo Hi-Flo Cats & Connector Pipes, Solo Mach Balanced Catback, BMR Toe Rods, Trailing Arms, Cradle & Diff Poly Bushings, 2017 Chevy SS front & rear Brembo calipers and rotors.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you didn't get to run. I'm glad I didn't make that drive.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE= I did see a custom IOM G8 GT leaving just as I arrived, but they disappeared before I could talk to them. Was it a member of this board? ]

Yeah that was me, i had just gotten the bad news too. We only drove an hour+ home to the south and it didn't rain or snow all day. We actually stopped at a gas station down the road thinking you might go by but i guess it makes sense you came from the north. Rain date next Sat so we'll see about that.
    At least i got to give the G8 a good run, then came home, worked on the nitrous setup and used up 2 rolls of masking tape trying to figure out some stripes.
    Maybe see you next weekend, anyone else?
    Kim, (and Judi)
    08 IOM GT 20x8.5 20x10 Breytons GTS, 1 7/8 Kooks, 3'' custom exhaust with side exit and cutouts all ceramic coated. 3600 Yank, 3.90 gears. Pedders XAs and bushings, custom rear lower control arms, full length frame connectors, bottom painted hot rod black with IOM suspension. 125 wet plate nitrous, 175 direct port with dedicated fuel system, FAST LSX intake, Meziere electric water pump. All lines converted to Hard SS or black braided. Vararam, remote oil filter, billet valve and coil covers, aluminum and carbon fiber engine panels custom stereo with eclipse amps and 12'' sub in custom box, billet alum/carbon fiber/plexiglass trunk floor. GTS fenders, Evolution nose and hood with custom scoop
    Started but not done: custom paint, custom interior with 4 GTS style seats.
    Not the fastest but close enough for Rock and Roll.

Post Thanks / Like

Ironically you didn't wait quite long enough. My buddy who came down with me (with a high 11 second '75 TA in enclosed trailer) and I went there to fill up our gas tanks, and then we had breakfast at the restaurant next door. Unfortunately, I have to work next Saturday, so I can't be there. If you go, good luck!