Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Genesis vs G8 Altercation

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Genesis vs G8 Altercation

It was early last Sunday morning. I had just picked up a friend for church. I was approaching a traffic light that has 3 lanes that reduce to 2 lanes just past the signal. The light was red. There were several cars stopped in the left lane. There was one car stopped in the middle lane and none in the right lane. So I go right. The light turns green just before I get there. I pass everybody stopped at the light, and move to the left as my lane disappears. Perfect timing. Never touched my brakes. I'm 20 cars ahead of everybody and the road is clear for 2 miles in front of me. I accelerate up to 60mph.

I glance in the mirror. The single car that had been in the middle lane at the light is quickly gaining on me. I know what he's up to. Sure enough, he moves to the left lane and keeps coming hard. I want to see how ticked he really is and how bad he wants me. The posted limit is 50mph. I casually increase to 75mph and hold. He's still coming. I let him go by far enough so I can read the label on the back. A Hyundai Genesis. At that point he has to be north of 85mph. I ease a little more pedal and pull alongside. He has to be full on the gas. I hear him downshift. I say not today. I ease more throttle, no down shift. I just smoothly pull away. I let off at 120mph. He's 4-5 cars back. I thought he had enough, but no. He keeps coming!

My speed has bled down to 95mph or so when he catches up to me again. This fool doesn't get it. You cannot pass. This time I floor it and unleash the beast. All kinds of violence erupts. The exhaust screams like a wounded pig. The big sedan downshifts and just leaps forward. I don't know where Genesis went. I glanced down, 142mph. Weren't we just going 95? I glance in the mirror, the Genesis is gone. He must have turned off. My buddy asks, "what kinda warp drive do you have in this car?" I just grin.
    2009.5 G8 GT, Patrick G. tuned-389rwhp, 379tq

...your lack of faith disturbs me...

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome kill and narration.
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Genesis drivers just don't get it.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Coupe or sedan? I love the 5.0R spec sedans, great match for a G8. Great write up.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah my old man (75yo) has the 3.8 which is around 300 at the fly, looking to trade up to this:

Thinks it is a match for my SSV that gets 400atw.
    Compression is King. Race-built VVT brawler hauler with Stingray tune.

Supernaturally as-pirated, all-alcohol, all-motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pir4te View Post
    Yeah my old man (75yo) has the 3.8 which is around 300 at the fly, looking to trade up to this:
    Thinks it is a match for my SSV that gets 400atw.
    If you're 400 hp at the wheels, the Genesis putting down 368 has no chance unless it weights 3600 lb like a mustang...

On edit, it looks like they weight 4200 lbs so you should be able to eat it's lunch anytime you want
    Last edited by G8 GT V8; 11-09-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 GT V8 View Post
    If you're 400 hp at the wheels, the Genesis putting down 368 has no chance unless it weights 3600 lb like a mustang...

On edit, it looks like they weight 4200 lbs so you should be able to eat it's lunch anytime you want
    Yeah the R Spec is a low to mid 13 second car from what I have seen. Shouldn't be any issue for a modded G8 or Commodore, stock for stock should be a fun race though.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

GRRRR8 kill
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Lol great kill. Love the title . It's always an altercation when a genesis sees a G8. Smh

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice!
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.