Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming testing sessions for employment at Exxonmobil...info inside

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Upcoming testing sessions for employment at Exxonmobil...info inside

I'm just putting this out there for anyone who might be interested in employment at Exxonmobil. Those of you who are familiar with Exxonmobil and or plant/refinery work should read on. Exxonmobil has been doing pre-employment testing about once a year for the past few years. This year its going down in August.

CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR THE INFORMATION
    UPCOMING OPERATIONS PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTING.pdf

NOTE:

DON'T WAIT UNTIL JULY 29th TO VISIT THE WEBSITE. IF YOU DO, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO GET A SLOT. REGISTER AND ALL THAT NOW. THEN, ON JULY 29TH, LOGIN EARLY, LIKE 7 OR 8AM AND TRY TO GET A SLOT. THERE WILL BE ALOT OF PEOPLE COMPETING FOR THE SAME SLOTS....
    Last edited by 20lbbooster; 07-16-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    2013 Mustang GT bone stock, for now!
    Boost coming soon!

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a good opportunity! I may take a shot at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone, This is for real. Mobil is hiring, and hiring a bunch of people. My dad worked there for 35 years. I worked there during college summers. I hunt with some of their employees. THere are many on their staff now who are about to "take the package" and retire early. These are the people they hired in 1975-85 that replaced the last "brain trust"...the people that knew how to run and maintain a plant using inside people. This last bunch that is now retiring lived through the period where everything was outsourced or contracted. And Mobil's long-term review said that it didn't work. SO, Mobil now wants to return to having the brain trust to do it themselves, having the machinists and fitters and yard crews who can pretty much run and maintain the plants, a large emphasis on maintenance, and do a turn-around in house, with as little of outside help as possible. But these people must be hired and trained NOW, by the few remaining inside people who still possess the knowledge of how to get it done...before they retire and take that knowledge with them. If Mobil doesn't hire people now to do the Vulcan mind meld thing with these oldtimers then Mobil will have to pay the old timers BIG BUCKS to come back on a contract basis to help in training and turn-arounds. So that is why Mobil is hiring now, and hiring many people. They basically are staffing up for the next 30-35 years.

So that is the story. And these jobs are career for life jobs. Gettem' while they are hot and numerous. I went to college, my best friend went to work as an operator at Mobil. He's retiring in two years with over a million stashed away in a retirement account. I'll be working until I die. These jobs are better than a degree from the University of Texas. As I have long said, your life is the sum total of all the choices that you make in life, and how you choose to invest your time. 20lbbooster's thread is going to change somebody's life for the better. THANK YOU! Don't mess up and let this one get past you.
    Last edited by TonyKarter; 07-20-2012 at 08:05 AM.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually post this info on ls1 tech but this time I posted here too. It's good info. Hopefully some people here take the test and maybe get hired. There is at least one other forum member who works in the Baytown refinery as a process technician. I'll let him chime in if he wants to...
    Boost coming soon!

Republic of Texas Mod bwooten492's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hired in this February and so far it's been great! It's a great company to work for and I highly recommend looking into this.
    08 IOM G8 GT
    Texas stock

Post Thanks / Like

What type of test is this? What do they ask?
    Mier
    2009.15 G8 GT (Onyx/Red, Magnetic Grey, Premium/Sport, Bluetooth Onstar, RotoFab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" LT, Non-Catted connectors, Corsa Catback, HSRK, Custom tune by PatrickG, UPR Catch Can)

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It's basically mechanical aptitude, basic math, technical reading comprehension, problem solving. It's a little tricky but not very difficult.
    Boost coming soon!

Republic of Texas Mod bwooten492's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's just long. I think it took ~5 hours to complete.
    08 IOM G8 GT
    Texas stock

Post Thanks / Like

Well I am all signed up to take the test in August, do you two have any suggestions as to what I should study? I did the brief practice exam and found a couple more assessment tests online and completed those as well, any other recommendations would be appreciated.

-08 G8 GT White Hot premium, debadged, Dynomax with a magnaflow x pipe.
    -99 chevy Z71 nbs, 35's, fabtech, cognito, ORU, 14 bolt sf swap, 4.88's....slowwwwwwwww
    -1978 c10 chevy Bonanza Big 10....slowwwerrrr

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Any kind of mechanical aptitude tests would be good to go over. Also, and I'm not trying to be funny, make sure you can do basic arithmetic without a calculator. There are no calculators allowed and there is a math section. It's basic math...Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals and fractions. You need to be able to do this stuff with pencil and paper. I know it sounds stupid but you'd be surprised how many cant do this stuff without a calculator...
    Boost coming soon!