Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wiring for triple gauge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wiring for triple gauge

It's probably posted here somewhere but I could not find it. I am looking for switched power and dash lighting for Autometer gauges (boost, fuel press., wideband) I am installing in a HSV triple gauge setup.
    09 G8 GT MGM, Premium/Sport/Sunroof
    TVS1900 Maggie w/3" pulley, Kooks 1-7/8 LT's, Magnaflow 16875 moded to full 3" exhaust w/hf cats, Fast 65# injectors, Lonnie' dual FP, Camaro 3.27 diff, Roto-Fab CAI, BP catch can, IAT relotation kit, Dynoed @ 485rwhp-475 rwtq
    Homelink-visor, auto dim mirror, LED int. lights, driverside trunk release, HSV 3 gauge kit w/boost, fuel press., wideband, Kicker subs, Kappa 62.9i door speakers & tweeters, center speaker resistor, Damplifier
    Spencer's HID low beams and fogs, LED lights with clear sidemarkers, 50% tint, clear bra, debadged, ASA wheels w/RE050A 285/35 rears

Post Thanks / Like
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

3. Thanks Tulsa GT, -Ray- thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's on the right side of the radio when you take the trim off. There is a false plug terminating the wires, but you can take that off. The wires available are +12V, ground, and GMLAN.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igneon View Post
    It's on the right side of the radio when you take the trim off. There is a false plug terminating the wires, but you can take that off. The wires available are +12V, ground, and GMLAN.
    Is that plug visible in this crappy pic?upper_connect..jpg
    SOLD 2009 Panther Black G8 GXP #112 - M6
    Scheming on my LSX Sequel...

Post Thanks / Like

The 12v outlet is switched. It's what I used but my gauges are mounted in the cubby.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Switched Power.
    From Headlight Switch
    PIN 10....Pink/Blue Wire......Circuit 1339

Ground

Illumination
    From Headlight Switch
    Pin 8 ...... Yellow Wire, Circuit 6817

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

FOR CONNECTING GMLAN GAUGES ONLY.

Find the White inline harness connector for the Steering Angle Sensor.
    NOTE : The connector has different wire colours back half Vs front half.
    (The wires going into the rear have different colours to the wires you see here coming out the front.)
    Purple = Brown.
    Gray = Brown/Black
    Light Green = Light Blue

You'll be interested in:
    PIN 1 = Purple = Brown = High Speed GM Lan Serial Data Bus - Circuit 2501
    PIN 3 = Gray = Brown/Black = High Speed GM Lan Serial Data Bus + Circuit 2500
    PIN 5 = Light Green = Light Blue = Communication Enable Relay Supply Voltage Circuit 5986

Using a CP Supplied 6 wire adapter harness to wire in Genuine HSV Triple Gauges (GMLan)

RED WIRE for Switched Power runs to Headlight Switch PIN 10 (has Pink/Blue Wire......Circuit 1339).

BLACK WIRE for Ground runs to Earthing Point (shown in pics above).

WHITE WIRE for Illumination runs to Headlamp switch
    PIN8 ...... (has Yellow Wire), Circuit 6817

BROWN WIRE for GMLan Low runs to Inline Harness Connector for Steering Angle Sensor
    PIN 1 = has Purple wire on one half = has Brown wire on other half
    (High Speed GM Lan Serial Data Bus - Circuit 2501)

GRAY WIRE for GMLan High runs to Inline Harness Connector for Steering Angle Sensor
    PIN 3 = has Gray wire on one half = Brown/Black wire on other half Circuit 2500

BLUE WIRE for Communication Enable Relay Supply Voltage runs to Inline Harness Connector for Steering Angle Sensor
    PIN 5 = has Light Green wire on one half = Light Blue wire on other half
    Circuit 5986

2 wires to connect at the Headlight Switch
    RED,WHITE.

3 wires to connect at the Steering Angle Sensor
    BROWN,GRAY,BLUE.

1 wire for ground.
    BLACK.
    Last edited by Crazy Paul; 06-20-2012 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Illumination, White wire...Info changed from BCM to Headlamp Switch
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

CP sent me the same wiring help. I elected to tap into the BCM Pin 24 which is in the last print with the black dots. The lighting for my HSV gauges work perfect with the rest of the dash lighting. It is a little bit of a pain but it can be done. I just cut the wire and used spade connnectors with insulators.
    09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois magnacharger 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab,Corsa, Kooks 1 7/8 mids. 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR , Pedders Supercar coilovers, all Brembos. Show:CTS-V rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. HSV triple gauges & CP smokers pack RIP Charlie.

Post Thanks / Like

so i was trying to wire up my autometer boost guage and find a 12v source so it can be lit at night and i read this i connected it to pin 10 and it comes on and off with the ignition but is there another other wire that carries power to where it only turns on with the dash or headlamps? i tryed white and gy white and none of them worked besides pk and blue

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmanx View Post
    so i was trying to wire up my autometer boost guage and find a 12v source so it can be lit at night and i read this i connected it to pin 10 and it comes on and off with the ignition but is there another other wire that carries power to where it only turns on with the dash or headlamps? i tryed white and gy white and none of them worked besides pk and blue
    ILLUMINATION = PIN 8
    & IGNITION1 VOLTAGE = PIN 10
    both from Headlamp Switch.
    Last edited by Crazy Paul; 06-20-2012 at 10:35 PM.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HSV-GTS-300 View Post
    ILLUMINATION FROM BCM (not from Headlamp Switch).....read above and look at pics above.

WHITE WIRE for Illumination runs to Body Control Module (A15)
    Connector X5 , sometimes also called J5.
    PIN24 ...... (has White/Yellow Wire......Park Lamp Relay Control......Circuit 1080)
    im not a wiring person so i was kinda lost i just wanted a do this and connect to this wire i dont even know where the bcm connects are

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley