Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need help

I know I dont own a G8 anymore, but Ive been part of this group for over three years and Im not going anywhere. Im trying to get my new Dart sponsored so it could help with the bills. I have more money going out than coming in. II plan on starting a family real soon and can barely survive now. I am asking for help from my fellow G8ers. $1 goes a long way. Click on this link and help out http://bit.ly/XAQnU6
    09 Liquid red G8GT
    VMS ecm/tcm 93 octane dyno tune
    8000k hid's
    Inalfa sunroof
    Mach Shorty, Solo HFC's, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's
    Rotofab cai & radiator cover
    BT from 09.5
    GXP fascia & diffuser
    BMR subframe connectors & bushings, diff bushings, trans brace, trailering arms
    13.207@107.11
    338 hp/337 tq

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to think of how to phrase this...

I don't know that you'll get much traction with asking for this kind of help. If you were out of work, or there was a family injury or the like, you know this forum would jump in to help. We have.

Reading the above, though, it sounds more like you're weighing your wants. In your earlier Dart thread...

Quote Originally Posted by mi04se1 View Post
    Traded in my G8 GT yesterday and got a fully loaded 2013 Dodge Dart with every option accept hid's.
    If you want the family more, then that may mean giving up the loaded Dart to drive yesterday's Neon or the like.

Please do stick around. We're car guys, regardless of the car. But if you don't get anything chipped in toward the Dart... please don't take it personally.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need help

Wtf...sell that over priced POS get a beater and a better job. I would think family comes first...
    Rick Crawford Racing Top End, Full Bolt-Ons, and PI 2600 Stall
    Current PB: 11.00 @ 125.91 --60' 1.61
    My YouTube Channel

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, Eid was much more tactful than I would have been...

Though if anyone's actually in the mood, I need a new clutch, but feeding my kids is getting in the way. Anyone spare a dollar?

09 G8 GXP M6 - TVS 2300, Solo HFCs, New Era CAI, LSR shifter, Russell SS brake lines, Pedders subframe bushings/front strut bushings, ZL1 pump, tuned by Reckart Performance Tuning, GForce axles, Hurst line-lock
    CAI - 358 rwhp 364 rwtq (Dynapack hub dyno) ; 13.76 @ 104.7mph (~2800 ft DA)
    2300/HFCs - 516 rwhp 501 rwtq (Dynapack hub dyno) ; 12.71 @ 111.4mph (~1500 ft DA and likely a slipping clutch)

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck but I don't think asking for handouts is going to help you. Like stated but in a nicer way, you should maybe have sold the G8 got an older beater and had no car payment and basic liability insurance. That would free up quite a few hundred dollars a month. It seems you made some financial mistake and thought outside your means, hey we've all been there, but now is time to man up and rectify it yourself and put your family first.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1_Disciple View Post
    Lol, Eid was much more tactful than I would have been...

Though if anyone's actually in the mood, I need a new clutch, but feeding my kids is getting in the way. Anyone spare a dollar?
    Paypal info?
    Last edited by Zodiac; 01-24-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

Yes very well said Kevin
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need help

I left this open. I don't have any mod money to share. My oldest daughter decided she wanted to get her degree. She asked for money for books......and like an idiot I said yea before my brain engaged.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need help

Quote Originally Posted by mi04se1 View Post
    I know I dont own a G8 anymore, but Ive been part of this group for over three years and Im not going anywhere. Im trying to get my new Dart sponsored so it could help with the bills. I have more money going out than coming in. II plan on starting a family real soon and can barely survive now. I am asking for help from my fellow G8ers. $1 goes a long way. Click on this link and help out http://bit.ly/XAQnU6
    I clicked on the link just for a laugh......you have got to be FU$%&* kidding me...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2009 G8 GT Panther Black ,Onyx/Red, Premium Package GXP Conversion..DONE
    JL 1000/1 connected to 2 JL 12W6V2's
    JL 300/4 Connected to Boston Acoustic SL60 Components
    JL CLEANSWEAP!! AWESOME !!
    20 " Staggered Polished Camaro Wheels, NITTO NT555 Extreme Tires
    Front Brembo Brakes
    KOOKS Mid 1/78 Headers w/High Flow Cats
    SLP PowerFlow Axle Back Exhaust w/Unique Tips
    RotoFab CAI, Custom tune by FROST
    Heater Hose Relocation, HSRK MOD, Intake Cover Removed
    GXP Struts Front/Rear
    BMR Front and Rear Sway Bars
    Crazy Paul's Integrated GPS Trim Package
    Replaced XM Box with a working SIRIUS BOX
    THE FIRST PONTIAC G8 IN THE COUNTRY WITH SIRIUS WORKING THROUGH THE FACTORY HEAD UNIT !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If money is tight, you can save a butload of cash by taking your lunch to work instead of eating out, Save an easy 50 bucks a week If you can take a couple hours out of your week to donate Plasma, you could earn up to 300 bucks a month. If you can get Mama to help out, that should cover a car payment.
    2008 MGM G8 GT Mods: Cam, Heads, Maggie 1900, Kooks, Corsa,BAP, Homelink, Auto Dim Mirror, Camaro brakes, BC Coilovers, and some fancy wheels w/ 265/40/18 ET Street II. Tuned by Howard at Redline Motorsports. 524hp 454tq on 7.5 lb boost recorded at XP Racing, OKC OK 3/30/14, 11.82 @ 120 at TRP 5/3/14