Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3.27 camaro diff upgrade question

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3.27 camaro diff upgrade question

So I just acquired a new 3.27 LSD differential out of a 2012 camaro SS. I plan to install it in a couple weeks and was curious about the tuning aspect. I have a superchips cortex tuner and can adjust the axle settings to 3.27. Is this all I would need to do or do I need a custom tune? Also, are there any other upgrades I should do along with the swap such as better suspension components?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Ignition Orange G8 GT - Cortex - Rotofab - HSRK - Solo cat-back - Camaro 3.27 LSD w/BMR bushings - Camaro trans pan/filter - 20" replica Camaro wheels wrapped in 265/35/20 Nitto NT 555's

2001 Galaxy Silver Grand Prix GTP - Cam - Heads - Gen 5 M90 blower w/2.8" pulley - Intercooler - E85 - All supporting mods - Currently faster than my G8

Post Thanks / Like

You don't need a custom tune.
    There are tons of bushings you can change while you have it apart. The harder bushings will transmit some gear noise though.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of getting some bmr cradle and differential bushings. Although this pumpkin is new and has no miles on it so would the differential bushings really be worth it over the stockers?

2008 Ignition Orange G8 GT - Cortex - Rotofab - HSRK - Solo cat-back - Camaro 3.27 LSD w/BMR bushings - Camaro trans pan/filter - 20" replica Camaro wheels wrapped in 265/35/20 Nitto NT 555's

2001 Galaxy Silver Grand Prix GTP - Cam - Heads - Gen 5 M90 blower w/2.8" pulley - Intercooler - E85 - All supporting mods - Currently faster than my G8

Post Thanks / Like

Are you planning on racing it? BMRs branded poly is a little softer than other poly so it's a happy medium. Keep in mind, pressing out the stock ones is NOT an easy job. You'll need a press.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crbquist View Post
    I was thinking of getting some bmr cradle and differential bushings. Although this pumpkin is new and has no miles on it so would the differential bushings really be worth it over the stockers?

Yes, get the bushings.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

So I should just so the diff and cradle bushings for now? What is the best place to buy them from?

Post Thanks / Like

BMR is a forum sponsor and their bushings have a lifetime warranty. The BMR brand will be softer than the SuperPro brand that they also sell. You decide. Harder means more NVH. If it's mostly a street car, stick with the BMR ones or even the stock rubber. If they're NEW, they should last many years.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    BMR is a forum sponsor and their bushings have a lifetime warranty. The BMR brand will be softer than the SuperPro brand that they also sell. You decide. Harder means more NVH. If it's mostly a street car, stick with the BMR ones or even the stock rubber. If they're NEW, they should last many years.
    My question is, where is the best play to purchase the bmr bushings? Directly through bmr or through another vendor?

Post Thanks / Like

BMR, Maryland Speed, where ever you like. I personally just buy from BMR and deal with Keith. He's our BMR SPOC.

Post Thanks / Like

Just go with the poly bushings. They last long and you'll be happy with the results in the long run. I put some in my diff and didn't notice a whole lot of difference in noise.

Maybe I got lucky.