Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Last of the V8 interceptors(mad max movie line)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Last of the V8 interceptors(mad max movie line)

Well after 15 years of looking and lusting,2 weeks ago I saw a car advertised on FB marketplace, I called the guy(Stephane in Montreal Qc). It was the hardest job interview ive ever had, at the end of it ,I was deemed a suitably qualified candidate to purchase…

A 2009 VE SS Holden Commodore, fully designed and built in Australia(like me).
    This specimen originally built as a 6.0L V8 GT model, was sold to into Florida in June 2009 and after only 3000kms was sold to A GM dealership(Humberview Gm ,in Toronto)
    This dealership imported it into Canada and upgrade the trim level to the highest GXP(front bumper and facia, dash, seat and badging) AND some maniac factory installed a LS7,427 cu in hand built engine and a Magnussen 2300 SUPER CHARGER!

Then in 2018 the previous owner(stephane) to me purchased it at auction with 53000kms on it and installed a lumpy cam and had it dyno tuned at 535HP at the rear wheels!
    He installed a full coil over suspension and frame stiffening package as well as full stainless exhaust package. He put upgraded speakers and an amp in it, at ¼ volume it sounds like an Ac/Dc concert, he put Led lights behind the wheels and a line lock kit.
    The guy only put 3000kms on the car in 6 years. He changed the oil and spark plugs every spring even though he only put 3 tanks of fuel thru it every summer, it was garage kept under a cover and he used to start it and pull out onto his driveway wash and polish it throughout and then put it away again.
    He reckons no one has ever sat in the back seat, this thing doesn’t have so much as a paint chip or any wear, it still smells like new, I was given enough oil and filters for 2 oil changes with strict instructions to change the oil and spark plugs when I got home LOL
    I flew into Montreal last Wednesday after dayshift and paid him and we drove it across Canada and I arrived in Calgary last night, the missus is driving it home to BC tomorrow
    I never thought as an Aussie, I would have one of these cars let alone such a built awesome example. I’m beyond stoked
    There are only 18 of these cars in North America in this colour(Karma Blue) and going out on a limb ,say not another with the options and engine combination this car has
    Price tag $46000, I couldn’t pay him quick enough.
    The car is so tight and handles amazingly, it will spin the wheels at 100km an hour if you dump your foot, but also purrs and we got 13L/100kms fuel economy driving it from Montreal.
    It’s a full sleeper, we get funny looks at drive thrus ordering tim hortons that fer sure. It sounds hot but looks like a BMW M5
    Few pics below
    Attached Images Attached Images