Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Ac belt thrown off..... Please help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ac belt thrown off..... Please help.

So I just bought this car a week ago. I love the car and have researched it quite a bit. However tonight on the way home I rompt down on it and all the sudden bam no cold air. Got home pipes the hood and the ac belt was off. I have seen a couple threads or whatnot about this issue. What should be my next step? Is there an aftermarket pulley tensioner that fixes this issue?.. Any help is greatly appreciated. Oh and I slipped the belt back on for now. uploadfromtaptalk1405037105224.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405037125144.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Contact Crazy Paul; he'll get you the improved Holden bracket that you need: http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=24830
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kenny,
    I still have one "4th of July" Special bracket and belt set available out of FL for total US$199 shipped.
    You'll need to jump right on it, before someone beats you to it, and before Ed the FL shipper goes on vacation.
    http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=40745
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It'll keep throwing the belt whenever you romp on it.
    Worst case is the flying belt takes out part of the A/C compressor pulley, or cam sensor, or some wiring and piping....on one of it's next flights.
    A smaller (shorter length) belt would stay on but put additional stress on bearings.
    The Holden A/C bracket fix with new belt is the tried and proven method for solving the problem & not creating new problems.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!