Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gave out a whoopin and took one on the chin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gave out a whoopin and took one on the chin.

Race one 2012 charger rt
    Race two caddy cts v (not the ls9)
    Guy at my work just put 1000 miles on his rt so we decided to run and man those things move out nice granted at the time I only had my intake and nothing else. I pulled a half car on him while listening to his stock car chirp gears going through his gears( which through me for a stock car). But he was inpressed so was i , 0 to 80. Any faster I would have walked away from him.

Now this was in the summerwood area of mexico and there was a modded caddy which I believe was a catback and some other unknown mods. I now have a superchips tune with magnaflow catback. My car feels pretty decent and i hung with him from about 20 to about 70 and he just started walking away from me. It was about 5 races in all with all them ending up in the same way. With no change in results I gave him a thumbs up and proceeded home.
    This kinda crap makes me wanna mod further but can't have two money pits besides I still have the 11sec grand prix on my side gotta love e85 lol.
    Have fun and happy safe racing!
    2008 LR G8 GT 12.99 @ 108
    2008 HHR SS (DD)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice
    2009 SBM G8 GT
    2007 Suzuki GSX-R 1000

Post Thanks / Like

we can't win them all
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Incrediable GTP time for a front wheel drive 6 cylinder! Any CTS-V is fast. I ran a worked one, exhaust etc, blew him out of the hole, then I hear this loud supercharger whine and zing right on by he goes! What monsters. Great HP and TQ. BTW_time to mod!
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Post Thanks / Like

Just to clarify, when you say not the LS9, you mean not the LSA, right?
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Post Thanks / Like

Which ever one had the rear end issue. And mod for dollar the grand prix is ass loads cheaper to mod. my gtp traps 115 with less than 5k bucks in mods. Forced induction ftw but it still no comparison to the g8, its just cheaper to play with.
    2008 HHR SS (DD)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey,
    How is that Fiero doing? What kind of gas mileage?
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Car runs amazing love it but I'm gonna sell it soon, I don't need 3 cars. Insurance only allows two cars per one ass. I put a lot of time into my grand prix to just sell it and keep the fiero. Its a fun car but not worth keeping. Somebody is gonna love it though, I nursed it back to health.
    2008 HHR SS (DD)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos g8 View Post
    Which ever one had the rear end issue. And mod for dollar the grand prix is ass loads cheaper to mod. my gtp traps 115 with less than 5k bucks in mods. Forced induction ftw but it still no comparison to the g8, its just cheaper to play with.
    Ah another turbo GTP. I used to have one. '01 GTP 4-dr redfire metallic, cartuning turbo, ic'd, 3.29 gears, 2750 ZZP stall, turbo cam, etc.....11.903 @ 117.64. That car was a blast and made peoples' jaws drop. Quality of the car was pretty crappy and wrong wheel drive but it was a GREAT car for me to learn mechanics on.
    New (cheap monthly payment car, lol): '12 Candy Apple Red Mustang GT 5.0 6MT, stock for the time being

**SOLD **
    White Hot '09 G8 GT, Pat G tune, Pat G cam (.634"/.608", 223/230, 112 + 2), G8-4-Speed ported & milled heads, "ram air" intake, & ported TB; Reckart 90mm MAF/LS7 card, HSRK, DT headers, Rotofab, Magnaflow CB, H & R springs, stock gears & stock stall, 11.865 @ 120.32 mph, 1.941 sec 60'

Senior Member grandprixrollsout's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavesG8GT View Post
    Ah another turbo GTP. I used to have one. '01 GTP 4-dr redfire metallic, cartuning turbo, ic'd, 3.29 gears, 2750 ZZP stall, turbo cam, etc.....11.903 @ 117.64. That car was a blast and made peoples' jaws drop. Quality of the car was pretty crappy and wrong wheel drive but it was a GREAT car for me to learn mechanics on.
    Same.
    Mine was a 00 GT and had the meth injection kit & electric cut out. Our colours were the same also! REDFIRE powahh
    '00 Grand Prix GT Cartuning Turbo- Project Ron Burgundy *Sold*

09 G8 GT 1 of 2420|Roto-Fab CAI|Cartuning 94 Octane tune|Kooks 1 7/8 Mids|Solo v2 Cat Back|20" Breyton GTS Matte Grey w Yoko S-Drive|GXP Steering wheel|Co-Star BlueStar| MM Carbon Hood & Spoiler

Futuremods: VMS Stage 1.5 Cam, BC Coliovers, BMR sways, Shinzo vinyl roof & de-chrome, 25% tints, 160* SLP T-Stat, VMS ported Intake, VMS ported TB