Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: beat up on a 4.6

Post Thanks / Like

Default beat up on a 4.6

this weekend a friend asked to go for a lil cruise so we cruised over the bridge to the beach took few pics and decided to have some fun on the return. he's got a 2010 mustang get with some exhaust work and other things he won't tell anyone. also he won't tell anyone his track times but this guy shifts the shit outta this car. first went from a 40 holding 2nd and I got the jump he missed gear. next from 20 holding 2nd even thu 3rd then I got two cars. he was impressed cause he thought he could whomp on my 4 door. fun times
    2009.5 g8 gt
    kooks LT headers, hi flow cats, x pipe, corsa cat back, vararam CAI, ported TB/intake, slp underdrive pulley, billet catch can, qtp cut outs, kaltech tune, camaro 20s,
    350hp...12.60 @ 109.8 mph

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, great results! I just wonder what it is like and what goes through the minds of those we swat as they look over and see TWO DOORS moving away and in front of them? It is never fun to lose, but to lose to me, a grey-headed old man in a two door sedan? That HAS GOT TO REALLY HURT!
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Another stock mustang wnt2gofst's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice kill. It really shocks guys that have no client about G8s.

Samsung Galaxy 2-better then your iPhone..
    2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob-Vance and Hines Short Shot staggered.

2013 F150 Ecoboost- Loaded and stock.

Post Thanks / Like

They hate it when the 4-door takes them out.

We kind of live in a bubble on this board. To us, everyone owns a 1000+ awhp Lambo from UGR and we have to do everything in our power just to keep up. Reality is a mildly modified G8 GT is going to be faster than about 98% of the rides on the road. Being a sedan just adds so much "sleep" factor that most everyone is going to be caught by surprise.
    2009.5 MSM/Onyx G8 GT premium/sport/sunroof
    Wrenched and tuned by Reckart Performance Tuning in Cedar Park, TX USA

Post Thanks / Like

It fun isn't it i killed my buddys 2010 stang he got me by a car through first ( he left crazy hard ) and i pulled aroud himby about 3 links in the 1/4 he was stock other than suspension hints why it left so hard. but fun fun none the less he just got a full exhaust and Comp Cams mutha thumpers so i can't wait to see it when i get home
    2009 SBM G8 GT
    2007 Suzuki GSX-R 1000

Post Thanks / Like

Yea pre-5.0 stangs are just too slow unless heavily modded. I know this young kid at our office that bought a 2010, but claimed it was a 2011 (despite obviously being a 4.6.) He got spanked by my buddy's 2012 HEMI RAM that was stock. Still claims and swears it's a 2011 5.0 and that he forgot to hit the "sport button" that gives him "100 extra hp". Heh 19 year olds.

EDIT: Err.. actually my buddy's 2012 RAM has upgraded high ratio gearing for towing (ordered that way from dealer), so that may be helping too .
    Last edited by oesman; 03-26-2012 at 04:23 PM.